You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I don't live on Merseyside anymore and, perhaps, have a different perspective than those that do but I don't think we are the most hated Club in the country at all. And to claim that we are opens us up to familiar criticisms.

What has happened of late is that we have won something. All those sad people (eg Jason Cundy) who have revelled in the fact we have come up short a good deal in the recent past are very sheepish and are trying to create this image of us being "unbearable" to give themselves a fig leaf to hide behind.

But, for the most part, more balanced individuals are pleased or indifferent to our success.

6 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

I don't live on Merseyside anymore and, perhaps, have a different perspective than those that do but I don't think we are the most hated Club in the country at all. And to claim that we are opens us up to familiar criticisms.

What has happened of late is that we have won something. All those sad people (eg Jason Cundy) who have revelled in the fact we have come up short a good deal in the recent past are very sheepish and are trying to create this image of us being "unbearable" to give themselves a fig leaf to hide behind.

But, for the most part, more balanced individuals are pleased or indifferent to our success.

I find this is true too. I left Liverpool 7 years ago and I've never really come across anyone who hates Liverpool or Scousers in general. Most of the people I talked to about the the final wanted us to win

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

Are you the Barnesey that posts on RedCafe alot?

Not a criticism, just curious. 

4 hours ago, Special K said:

I find this is true too. I left Liverpool 7 years ago and I've never really come across anyone who hates Liverpool or Scousers in general. Most of the people I talked to about the the final wanted us to win

Depends on where you live, I reckon. I wouldn’t say the majority of the country hate Scousers, most people probably aren’t arsed one way or the other. However, there is a sizeable minority of people who are only too happy to wheel out tired old cliches.

There's always nobheads who 'hate' us but in general, I dont think the whole country hates us. Yeah, loads of fans didnt want us to win a thing but that's because one of their jibes would disappear. It also elevates us in their eyes above their own club which is also something they dont want to see.

This thing that the whole country wanted city to win is really isolated to the nobheads who use the 'victims' taunt or are just anti Liverpool in general.

End of the day, I try not to let it bug me. If fans of other clubs get off by 'hating' us so much, that says far more about them than us imho. It's not our fault they'd rather sing about us (or any other team) more than they do their own. It's not our fault they dont have as good an experience in their home games as we do. It's not our fault they dont have as big a support as us.

Oh, and every single one of them would walk over broken glass to have Jurgen Klopp as their manager, even if we hadnt won big ears again. Well, maybe not city fans but even united fans would have Jurgen in a heartbeat.

15 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve lived in various places. Heard loads of stuff in East London, West Ham fans and S*n readers aplenty, but hardly anything in North Yorkshire and, bizarrely, Manchester.

Agree on this. I worked right in the city centre in an office that was 90% locals and 75% Man Utd fans and apart from the odd bit of footy banter I got on great with all of them. I also lived in a pub for a few months in Prestwich when I left the Navy and did a bit of work behind the bar. hardly a negative word said about scousers. the odd "Oy you scouse cunt" but said in jest. Some good people in Manchester. Many just get carried away when we play each other. Same as a lot of our lot do. 

Fucking manc twats 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There's always nobheads who 'hate' us but in general, I dont think the whole country hates us. Yeah, loads of fans didnt want us to win a thing but that's because one of their jibes would disappear. It also elevates us in their eyes above their own club which is also something they dont want to see.

This thing that the whole country wanted city to win is really isolated to the nobheads who use the 'victims' taunt or are just anti Liverpool in general.

End of the day, I try not to let it bug me. If fans of other clubs get off by 'hating' us so much, that says far more about them than us imho. It's not our fault they'd rather sing about us (or any other team) more than they do their own. It's not our fault they dont have as good an experience in their home games as we do. It's not our fault they dont have as big a support as us.

Oh, and every single one of them would walk over broken glass to have Jurgen Klopp as their manager, even if we hadnt won big ears again. Well, maybe not city fans but even united fans would have Jurgen in a heartbeat.

I can't let it bother me when I don't want any other English team to do well in Europe. 

At a push I wanted Pompey to beat AC Milan and I probably wanted Newcastle to beat Barca when Asprilla ran riot but other than that I hope they all get humiliated. 

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Haha. Eerily prescient to look back on now, that whole series.

Very much so. I worked for IPC magazines in London for a bit in 2006, and it was uncanny.

There was a pub downstairs which I used to refer to as The Nailgunner’s Arms, because similar idiots congregated daily. It’s where now Brexit Party twat Martin Daubney told me the gear he was being served up was coming from Richard and Judy’s dealer.

A line Morris and Brooker would actually reject for triteness.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Very much so. I worked for IPC magazines in London for a bit in 2006, and it was uncanny.

There was a pub downstairs which I used to refer to as The Nailgunner’s Arms, because similar idiots congregated daily. It’s where now Brexit Party twat Martin Daubney told me the gear he was being served up was coming from Richard and Judy’s dealer.

A line Morris and Brooker would actually reject for triteness.

Stamford Arms?