You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They own the city, because they have most local fans. 

What an absolute joke. Probably one Everton fan per 25 Liverpool fans. 

Fuck off back to Wales. 

They used to be quite fun, engaging and could even have a decent football conversation. Now whenever I/we are over I rarely meet any bloos, and those you meet are generally horrible jealous people. Last I was over I even met a United fan at the park. Decent fellow around the late fourties as myself, who had more brain and football knowledge than all the bloos in recent memory combined. 

On the very rare times I’ve gone onto GOT and read some of their posts, I have to admit there are quite a few self effacing posters who, while they’d likely never admit it in public, realise just how bad they are.

It’s a bit like Man City fans a few years ago before the money turned them into new era Chelsea plastics, there’s a pessimism that they’ll always find a way to screw up.

You won’t find a “well done Liverpool” or “deserved win” anywhere mind, that’d be too much to expect, and yes, there are definitely the hard core haters who’d find some way to blame us for it raining if they could.

Perhaps it’s a generational thing?

The older bloos around my age (mid 60’s) who were actually around when they last had a good team, seem to be the least likely to be vitriolic, at least the ones I know aren’t, but the younger they are the more poisoned and less reasoned their views on us and them.

The point made earlier that if they were to win, say, the League Cup then they’d have a different focus rather than us is a good one.

Problem is, I wouldn’t even want them to lift that if I’m being honest.

Best place for them is in the Championship, or out of business sadly, as I think the poison has ingrained itself so much there’s no point of return.

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Heard some right shite off them last couple of days 'league cup is more important than cl'....'it's a joke of a cup now because it isn't just all the champions'....'our celebrating of it is way OTT'

Funny all that as they seemed to think it was important enough to celebrate wearing Real Madrid shirts last year.....they were waving Barcelona flags this when they thought we were out.....they were ready to 'have a party when Totenham win the cup'....and that year when they finished 4th and qualified for the play off round of it they were absolutely made up.

Ah but you can still lose a match and win the champions league now. That never happened with the old two legged European cup ties

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Heard some right shite off them last couple of days 'league cup is more important than cl'....'it's a joke of a cup now because it isn't just all the champions'....'our celebrating of it is way OTT'

Funny all that as they seemed to think it was important enough to celebrate wearing Real Madrid shirts last year.....they were waving Barcelona flags this when they thought we were out.....they were ready to 'have a party when Totenham win the cup'....and that year when they finished 4th and qualified for the play off round of it they were absolutely made up.

Ah but you can still lose a match and win the champions league now. That never happened with the old two legged European cup ties

A bit of Steve0 to brighten your afternoon.

Steve0

Player Valuation: £40m
Coming from the guy who claimed none of Mohamed Salah’s goals count because he’s fast.

Ok mate.
Only some of his goals dont count because of his pace.

He scores tap ins as well. Oh and penalties.

Steve0

Steve0

Player Valuation: £40m
Worry you?? Oh I see, you’re gonna call me a kopite because I’m not mental in trying to class the European cup in the same bracket as the carling cup
Think you're a blue tbh. Which is more worrying

2 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

To be fair we’ve won more League Cups than anyone else so it’s decent of them to be honest about our status looking down on all the other English clubs.

They were only pace League Cups.

• Upvote 3

Love how younger blues keep on talking about the past when they don't even remember when they were very good. The ones that remember generally just say well in and acknowledge how good we are and are happy the trophies come back to Merseyside.

Like the fella the other night about 30 in town who came over to us and said Sheedy and a load of their 80s team would have walked into our greatest eleven. The older blue who was late 50s just looked at him and said Bob rated our players over Sheedy and he was right. He said the only blues who would get in a combined greatest would be Big Nev and possibly Dixie Dean. He then looked at the younger blue and asked him what his favourite Dixie goal was!!! Top older blue and idiotic younger blue sounds about right.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

The reception laid on for Wijnaldum and Van Dijk is sure to further endear Ronald Koeman to fans of his former club:

This has been one of my favourite things of the weekend (of many things I've loved). Wonder if Southgate/Kane will do the same for Henderson and Trent?

Also, what the fuck was Koeman doing at Everton? Making shit loads of money I guess, but it's funny that he saw right through the blue bullshit. 

9 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

This is what it should be about, not vitriol and weird mental contortions that don’t even convince yourself.

That is actually funny. Is the son a Red?

Parents deliberately embarrassing their kids is just one of those things that's funny every time.