You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The gap is closing? Is that a joke?

If the gap was a team, that gap would have avoided relegation. In a stadium that hasn't been fit for purpose for years, they spunked hundreds of millions on shit, sacked manager after manager while their owner loaded debt on to them.

The only gap is between their ears.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

You almost wish they were somewhat good so they'd be a bit less bitter. Almost. 

This is the thing. 

In the 80s it mostly was a friendly rivalry, we were great and Everton were pretty good too.

It's the fact that they've been so utterly terrible for so long that they had no chance of winning anything so they gradually started to get all their greatest enjoyment out of football in us losing.  We became the object of their football obsession, not their own club.

So while it would be nice to go back to the 70s and 80s, when we were great and Everton were pretty good too and we were friendly rivals and the derby was different, the nigh on 30 years of bitterness, hatred and obsession, lies and delusion... well... it's a bit hard to not think, "fuck them, I hope they get relegated".

• Upvote 2

If they could just win something, even the league cup it would give them something at least. With no actual football banter to throw they have had to resort to using vile insults, personal stuff that only further divides us. I don't expect them to like us, that would be mad. But the levels of cognitive dissonance are off the scale. How they manage to come up with some of the stuff they convince themselves of is unreal. It almost borders on mental illness.

There's a hell of a lot of projection too. Most of the things they accuse us of, they are guilty of themselves. Ageing squad, mired in debt, living in the past to name but a few. Hysel hurt English football, absolutely. For where they are and have been for a long time they need to look inward though and stop blaming us completely for their poor decisions and owners. 

Booing players and not supporting isn't helping. Moyes didn't win a thing but he distracted them by feeding the hate and using us as their scapegoats. He still does it to this day. He, in my opinion, caused the divide to widen to the chasm it is today. Selling their best players or their best players wanting to leave isn't our fault, nor is the spending of that cash on more potential. They've run their club like a corner shop, and while in many ways that is admirable it comes at a price, they just haven't kept up with everyone else.

If you count the number of new stadiums they've distracted their fans with it's laughable. How they manage to fall for it every time just shows how desperate they are, that isn't me having a go at them, that's me feeling sorry for them. They seriously need to win something and forget about us. They get far too much enjoyment from us losing, more in fact than their own team winning. They currently are less everton fans and more Liverpool anti-fans. Buying other teams kits in the numbers they do, it's pathetic. 

I don't have the answers to their problems, obviously winning something and giving them a sense of pride in their club for that would be a start. They do need to forget about what we are doing though or it will drive them insane. Their petty jibes and antics don't actually hurt, they just add to the joy when we succeed. Winning No.6 on Saturday was not about them, but they painted themselves into a place they cannot get out of now. More pain as we give back the 'banter' they threw at us. Only they are in no position mentally to take it. Looking back now on their antics who can deny it makes the whole thing a bit better, just a bit, right?

The wise blues, the decent blues got it right. I received messages wishing us luck before the game and congratulatory messages afterwards from my blue mates. I told them that next year I'd like it to be me that was congratulating them and I meant it. 

• Upvote 2

Heard some right shite off them last couple of days 'league cup is more important than cl'....'it's a joke of a cup now because it isn't just all the champions'....'our celebrating of it is way OTT'

Funny all that as they seemed to think it was important enough to celebrate wearing Real Madrid shirts last year.....they were waving Barcelona flags this when they thought we were out.....they were ready to 'have a party when Totenham win the cup'....and that year when they finished 4th and qualified for the play off round of it they were absolutely made up.