You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Why would people buy everton over say, Newcastle? Newcastle have a large stadium, a loyal following, a great manager and no other city rival. 

Everton thought they had won the lottery when they thought they would get a nice new stadium paid for by the allocation of the commonwealth games to Liverpool. It is I am convinced the only reason they got Moshiri onboard.

No problem, he's placed every penny he's put in as loans to be paid back at some date. He's sanctioned the sale of any of their decent players to other clubs while watching them waste the total of all of that money and his loans on shit manager appointments and shit player purchases. Shit players on long contracts and high wages.

He's done all of that to see them go backwards, then announced that he won't be doing that again. They're already looking to sell their best players again, so how does this equate to breaking into the top 6, the answer is it doesn't 

They're closer to washing down the drain than they are climbing up and they know it. That this has come at a time when we appear to be having a resurgence must hurt them like hell. That much is apparent from the outrageous displays of bitterness that we saw in the Premiership title race and now with the European Cup final. 

Maybe they've been bitter twats for a very long time and it's just taken social media and the ability for the deranged to go public that has brought it so out and to our attention. 

Should things not go our way on Saturday they will spend the summer walking around with their blue shirts on trying to convince us that their 'nothing' is the same as our 'nothing' but they aren't even convincing themselves. We cause them far more pain than their bitter little games hurt us, and we're not even trying. 

Moshiri announced earlier this year,  "I have thrown £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,”  Well they're not a museum any more, they're closer to a small seaside waxworks where none of the waxworks looks anything like who they are supposed to, a joke, an irrelevance and as annoying as a fly on a warm summer day while you're trying to enjoy a pint in a beer garden. The sooner they're relegated so they can win something, the better. 

• Upvote 4

There's a bit of worrying over on GOT about Newcastle and maybe, their new found wealth, CatcherintheRye isn't worried though as Everton are bankrolled by Russia' richest man and the likes of us and UTD will see to it that Clubs will be punished for MINOR indesretions of FFP like has happened to Man City and led them to being royally screwed over. They are on another fucking planet

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £60m
Reps of the Shiekh confirm the talks are genuine and ongoing.

There goes any last hope of playing european football/winning a trophy.

Good luck competing with 2x Man City's and the rest of the top 6.

I wonder if this may put a dent in Moshiri's ambitions? I imagine once the new ground is built he'll want to sell for a profit and get our of here ASAP
I think we need to be a bit calmer about all of this. It's not even happened yet.

It seems very likely we are bankrolled by Russia's wealthiest man. We have spent significant money and it's only when we have put a structure in place will it have gone well. 

Clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City and Spurs have only really started cracking things when they stopped spending money all over the shop, but started spending prudently. 

People don't grasp what happened under Abramovich or Sheikh at City. Essentially an investment of £100-£200m per season was worth substantially more. In todays money Chelsea spent about 1.7 billion in the first 3 seasons and City 1.5 billion. Both started from a much higher starting point than Newcastle (or 
particularly Leeds). It took both probably 3-4 years to get to where they wanted to get too.

The reality is, for anyone to come in and have the impact those owners had, you'd be looking at requiring around £1.5 billion, as a minimum for the first 3 years. I am not going to say it's impossible, but it is highly unlikely. What City and Chelsea did, wa the equivalent of signing in one summer (for example) Van Dijk, Laporte, Sterling & Kane and the next summer, Alli, Hazard, Salah and Pogba. Essentially paying a huge premium on the best players. As I've said, not impossible but on a raw cash point alone unlikely.

The other factor in this is now FFP. 7 million a year you can increase wages before money coming in. It will probably take 3-5 years to really start to move players on at a premium to help you do much about this (as a minimum requirement). You are actually quite restricted. Understandably so too, as why would United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc just allow team to push them out? 

See the context of what is happening to Manchester City, who are well established at the top of the league. They are being screwed over royally for some minor infringements of FFP (i.e. allegedly falsifying sponsors to pay way above the market rates for sponsorship). If clubs such as Liverpool/Manchester United are hot on this, how hot will they be on Newcastle or Leeds doing the same (but far more blatant to replicate the sort of progress City showed).

What is far more likely, is owners have probably seen owning a PL club is quite lucrative. If you can sustain them in the league (which will be the first objective for both Newcastle, Aston Villa and Leeds if they come up) it's a decent cash cow. Thats not to say they won't be a threat, but they remain some way behind where we are as a club.

In truth if they did start lashing massive sums on players, in truth it wouldn't even bother me that much. They would destabilise the pp of the league more than us, by targeting their players. They will have to pay an enormous premium for players and can probably help a club like us if they tried to sign one of our players for a heavily inflated fee. (The sale of Lescott for example allowed us to re-build). We should have sold Arteta to Chelsea earlier and Rooney to Chelsea for £50 million.

The truth is we have a very very wealthy owner, connected to one of the most wealthy individuals in the world and a live and continual supply of liquidity. He has stumped up more money than most (and certainly more than people who're allegedly going to take the league by storm). Wolves for example, who were going to become the new Manchester City didn't spend as much as us over the last couple of years. We have a plan, we have a strong DOF and we have individuals with substantial resources on our board. 

I don't believe it will be City/Chelsea MK 2 (as it hasn't been for Wolves) but even if it were, I would be more focussed on us doing what we need to do right.

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

There's a bit of worrying over on GOT about Newcastle and maybe, their new found wealth, CatcherintheRye isn't worried though as Everton are bankrolled by Russia' richest man and the likes of us and UTD will see to it that Clubs will be punished for MINOR indesretions of FFP like has happened to Man City and led them to being royally screwed over. They are on another fucking planet

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £60m
Reps of the Shiekh confirm the talks are genuine and ongoing.

There goes any last hope of playing european football/winning a trophy.

Good luck competing with 2x Man City's and the rest of the top 6.

I wonder if this may put a dent in Moshiri's ambitions? I imagine once the new ground is built he'll want to sell for a profit and get our of here ASAP
I think we need to be a bit calmer about all of this. It's not even happened yet.

It seems very likely we are bankrolled by Russia's wealthiest man. We have spent significant money and it's only when we have put a structure in place will it have gone well. 

Clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City and Spurs have only really started cracking things when they stopped spending money all over the shop, but started spending prudently. 

People don't grasp what happened under Abramovich or Sheikh at City. Essentially an investment of £100-£200m per season was worth substantially more. In todays money Chelsea spent about 1.7 billion in the first 3 seasons and City 1.5 billion. Both started from a much higher starting point than Newcastle (or 
particularly Leeds). It took both probably 3-4 years to get to where they wanted to get too.

The reality is, for anyone to come in and have the impact those owners had, you'd be looking at requiring around £1.5 billion, as a minimum for the first 3 years. I am not going to say it's impossible, but it is highly unlikely. What City and Chelsea did, wa the equivalent of signing in one summer (for example) Van Dijk, Laporte, Sterling & Kane and the next summer, Alli, Hazard, Salah and Pogba. Essentially paying a huge premium on the best players. As I've said, not impossible but on a raw cash point alone unlikely.

The other factor in this is now FFP. 7 million a year you can increase wages before money coming in. It will probably take 3-5 years to really start to move players on at a premium to help you do much about this (as a minimum requirement). You are actually quite restricted. Understandably so too, as why would United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc just allow team to push them out? 

See the context of what is happening to Manchester City, who are well established at the top of the league. They are being screwed over royally for some minor infringements of FFP (i.e. allegedly falsifying sponsors to pay way above the market rates for sponsorship). If clubs such as Liverpool/Manchester United are hot on this, how hot will they be on Newcastle or Leeds doing the same (but far more blatant to replicate the sort of progress City showed).

What is far more likely, is owners have probably seen owning a PL club is quite lucrative. If you can sustain them in the league (which will be the first objective for both Newcastle, Aston Villa and Leeds if they come up) it's a decent cash cow. Thats not to say they won't be a threat, but they remain some way behind where we are as a club.

In truth if they did start lashing massive sums on players, in truth it wouldn't even bother me that much. They would destabilise the pp of the league more than us, by targeting their players. They will have to pay an enormous premium for players and can probably help a club like us if they tried to sign one of our players for a heavily inflated fee. (The sale of Lescott for example allowed us to re-build). We should have sold Arteta to Chelsea earlier and Rooney to Chelsea for £50 million.

The truth is we have a very very wealthy owner, connected to one of the most wealthy individuals in the world and a live and continual supply of liquidity. He has stumped up more money than most (and certainly more than people who're allegedly going to take the league by storm). Wolves for example, who were going to become the new Manchester City didn't spend as much as us over the last couple of years. We have a plan, we have a strong DOF and we have individuals with substantial resources on our board. 

I don't believe it will be City/Chelsea MK 2 (as it hasn't been for Wolves) but even if it were, I would be more focussed on us doing what we need to do right.

Just seen a few "ha ha ha Newcastle will win the league before der redshite" shouts from Evertonians. Just shows that their first reaction as always is about us and not how Newcastle being more competitive makes life difficult for them.

"It seems very likely we are bankrolled by Russia's wealthiest man."

And he's not concerned that, if there were any truth in this, they would be in breach of all kinds of rules, would easily get found out (I mean, if some twat from GOT can discover the "truth" I'm sure UEFA could) and would get all kinds of fines, points deductions, transfer bans and shit thrown at them.

16 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"It seems very likely we are bankrolled by Russia's wealthiest man."

And he's not concerned that, if there were any truth in this, they would be in breach of all kinds of rules, would easily get found out (I mean, if some twat from GOT can discover the "truth" I'm sure UEFA could) and would get all kinds of fines, points deductions, transfer bans and shit thrown at them.

UEFA only get involved with teams that have qualified for European Competition. In short Everton have nothing to worry about.

• Upvote 3

Still finding it funny they are still all in on Brands like he has some stellar reputation as the greatest DOF in history. They've hardly uncovered gems in Mina, Bernard,Gomes or that Chelsea CB. All well known players before they signed and it will cost a fortune to keep the two that arnt on loan aswell. Richarlson was bought by the Manager who has him at his previous clun