You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

39 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Check out the bit about their "special moments" this season... 

D7Llx3bW4AEiki4.jpeg

I read this thread from time to time and am often appalled by their levels of bitterness and, occasionally, our preoccupation with them. That's not a dig, just an observation.

Nevertheless, and not wishing to detract from the amusing "special moments" passage, I actually think its a fantastic gesture by the club to their loyal supporters. Really I do. 

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

D7Llx3bW4AEiki4.jpeg

"It is hard to argue that our club has the best support of any club in the league"

I would agree with that

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

D7Llx3bW4AEiki4.jpeg

For all of those bizarrely listed academic qualifications, she still can't write. For example, I'm pretty sure she didn't want to claim that "it is hard to argue that our Club has the best support of any club in... the league". Though that claim is true.

What they’re saying is that it certainly takes a special level of dedication to actually bother to send turn up to watch this shite each week. If only to boooh at your own players and hurl the occasional toddler. 

A cult of cunts. 

10 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It doesn’t even say that.  Read it back.  It’s even worse.  Honestly I’ve read it about 20 times and I still don’t understand it.

I was being charitable.

"... of any club in any of the league." Huh?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

That's got to be one of the shittest articles ever written by the Echo. Riquelme was an Internet blag, they bid less than an agreed fee for Shearer and they might have signed Ian Rush because he supported them. But they didn't and he went to Liverpool. 

Must be no stadium news today.

Haha, that article is insane. And I'm sure it wasn't at all deliberate that the picture of Rushie was in his white and green Wales away kit and not the red Welsh kit or an LFC kit. 

15 hours ago, Marko121 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-biggest-transfer-regrets-revealed-16311034

would love to know how bidding £12.5m for Alan Shearer when Newcastle had already agreed £15m counts as a near miss? 

"The Riquelme to Everton rumours would not go away and reached a crescendo in July 2007."

But the rumours did go away, when he signed for another club. 

I've read the article twice now, it really is high calibre comedy! 

• Upvote 2

On 22/05/2019 at 08:28, Doctor Troy said:

Everton have now also vowed to ban their fans if they are caught selling tickets above face value , since the warning almost 90% of Everton fans have put their tickets on secondary sites in hope of never stepping foot in that wooden shithole ever again.

My mate is a blue and he said the club's own reselling scheme allows for selling above face value. You just put your seat up for availability and say how much you want and people either buy it or don't. 

On 22/05/2019 at 20:35, Marko121 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-biggest-transfer-regrets-revealed-16311034

would love to know how bidding £12.5m for Alan Shearer when Newcastle had already agreed £15m counts as a near miss? 

That article is one of the worst things I've read. It's so over the top and full of shite. It's as if The Echo let some brainwashed super bitter write it. Who are these world class players that have treaded the Hallowed Goodison turf recently. They haven't had anything remotely in that bracket since Big Nev retired to KFC.

12 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Haha, that article is insane. And I'm sure it wasn't at all deliberate that the picture of Rushie was in his white and green Wales away kit and not the red Welsh kit or an LFC kit. 

They all still moan at Big Nev for wearing a red goalie top in the Cup Winners Cup final. They say it spoils the photos of their best ever night. 

1 hour ago, R BENO said:

That article is one of the worst things I've read. It's so over the top and full of shite. It's as if The Echo let some brainwashed super bitter write it. Who are these world class players that have treaded the Hallowed Goodison turf recently. They haven't had anything remotely in that bracket since Big Nev retired to KFC.

Who was the last genuinely world class player to play for Everton?.