You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 16/05/2019 at 23:14, liverpoolsno9 said:

Wow

Pilks

Pilks

Player Valuation: £750k
The RS have weaponised Hillsborough.
This is undeniably true, and I'll give my take on things if I may.

This started getting so much worse when the verdict came through that their fans had no culpability whatsoever. 

Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying they were responsible or that the relevant authorities shouldn't have accepted all the blame which has been handed to them. But in a situation like that, where thousands of people are involved, the thought that NOT ONE of those fans made the situation worse by crushing outside the gates, heading straight down the centre to try to get to the front or any of the general bad behaviour that ANY crowd that size will display to an extent is absurd. 

They know this, of course - or at least the vaguely self-aware ones do. But that 100% absolution of blame has enabled them and made them feel untouchable whatever they do, because once again it can only be someone else's fault

If common sense had prevailed and the accepted verdict had been that incompetence from police and match officials COUPLED WITH fans travelling without tickets, trying to gain entry as such, etc, was to blame then we might not be heading down the bus-trashing road we are.

These things are ALWAYS shades of grey. To accept your own role in something does NOT mean withholding 'justice', as long as that censure is handed out to all guilty parties. It wasn't murder, of course it wasn't. But there was a hand in it which has never been remotely acknowledged. And that is a problem.

What was the overall response to this post? I see that 9 people liked it, but did anyone pull him up on it or not?

On 13/05/2019 at 22:24, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Anyone who wants another team to lose rather than their own win is not a supporter. They are beyond repair.

We became almost like that,or a few supporters did,towards Man U during their years of dominance. Once we started looking inwards rather than outwards as a club the pieces have started to fall into place and we are back among the elite once again. Klopp speaks brilliantly about these thing when he talks about not being able to change the past but being able to alter the future. He has it spot on and our club is doing it that way now. Its hard to see these young generations of bitter bloos being able to do that any time soon.

Just had a look at that guy on twitter again who does the football accounts. I looked at evertons and I find it mental that they only make a 189 million a season but spend  145 million on wages. They were the 3rd biggest spenders in Europe so are obviously in debt by nearly 300 million and still expect a stadium to be built somehow. Looking at their numbers is administration a real possibility in the future? How do they spend money they don’t have and pay it back? Or is it a case of the old you don’t have to have money to spend money. 

24 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

Just had a look at that guy on twitter again who does the football accounts. I looked at evertons and I find it mental that they only make a 189 million a season but spend  145 million on wages. They were the 3rd biggest spenders in Europe so are obviously in debt by nearly 300 million and still expect a stadium to be built somehow. Looking at their numbers is administration a real possibility in the future? How do they spend money they don’t have and pay it back? Or is it a case of the old you don’t have to have money to spend money. 

Usmanov. 

*taps nose*

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Angie81 said:

The stadium repayments could be anything between £45m to £60m depending on what rate they borrow the money at. They use some Chinese bank who probably bum them with the interest rate. So they would have that on top of their already precarious financial position.

The longer they put off the stadium the more the cost will rise. Last time they made a significant announcement the cost had gone up to £500m from £300m. 

23 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The stadium repayments could be anything between £45m to £60m depending on what rate they borrow the money at. They use some Chinese bank who probably bum them with the interest rate. So they would have that on top of their already precarious financial position.

The longer they put off the stadium the more the cost will rise. Last time they made a significant announcement the cost had gone up to £500m from £300m. 

they’re not in a position to build a stadium without significant investment obviously, and you’re right the longer the leave it the more it will cost. But who would want to touch them? Their accounts make grim reading to me. Why are they under the impression they’re loaded? The stadium costs could see them paying 50 million a season for 10 years and that’s without interest and extra costs. I’m baffled at their fans total disregard to the state they’re in. 

1 hour ago, Angie81 said:

they’re not in a position to build a stadium without significant investment obviously, and you’re right the longer the leave it the more it will cost. But who would want to touch them? Their accounts make grim reading to me. Why are they under the impression they’re loaded? The stadium costs could see them paying 50 million a season for 10 years and that’s without interest and extra costs. I’m baffled at their fans total disregard to the state they’re in. 

It’s called delusion Angie, they’ve been living in it for 3 decades.

Peel are probably made up that Everton want to build there because they have also done fuck all since 2005 to develop Liverpool Waters apart from release a few mock ups of skyscrapers that keep getting down scaled with every press release.

The longer Everton take its the perfect excuse for them to not to commit to any further projects.

4 hours ago, Angie81 said:

Most clubs who built new stadiums(not the main contenders of course,although it set Arsenal back a bit on the playing side) have been relegated. Stoke,Derby,Sunderland,Middlesborough etc have ended up going down and struggling to get back up again.