You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They just beggar belief. Their own team is absolutely light years away from even being in the Champions League, let alone reaching the final, let alone achieving that two years on the bounce. And yet still they find room to criticise us and applaud our losses.

It must be like living in bizarro world, inside an Everton supporters head.

Pace corner. Doesn’t count....

People will talk about this in the context of Premier League vs La Liga, but I think that top level football in general is in a lull at the moment. It seems as though more goals than ever come directly from a mistake, and I'm convinced that virtually every title contender would get absolutely battered by their counterparts from around the turn of the last decade. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Liverpool's fourth goal was the worst ever scored in a Champions League knockout tie.

I'm on the verge of being done with this sport.

• Upvote 2

That Darth Toffeeman bellend is on form.

First up, THE CONSPIRACY.

Great when you have friends in high places. 

If you really, really believe that was an open game of football...

I remember lads going mad about Hulk Hogan v Ultimate Warrior years ago.

That is what this farce of a sport has decended to.

Imagine getting your nation banned in disgrace, and then having these matches fixed in your favour constantly. 

Utterly vile.

Quickly followed by teddy throwing if we somehow won a double.

I will just walk away from the game if that happens.

More to life than the RS making me miserable. This next month could decide my sport watching habits for many a year.

I expect nothing from them, but I've read comments from Mancs city and Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs fans as well as a host of other teams throughout the leagues. And to a man they're all blown away and complimentary about that incredible performance, real fans. 

Contrast the bile and hate you will read from them, that's their cross to bear, that's their curse. If they cannot enjoy what was one of the greatest comebacks and games we've ever seen then I genuinely feel sorry for them and they should give up football because it's not for them, maybe knitting or something instead. 

• Upvote 1

"the constant pre-match mocking of us even though we should have derailed their season in November and may well have done it in March.'

That's some achievement. Wonder when the "should have derailed their season but didn't" DVD is out? 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Pace corner. Doesn’t count....

It seems as though more goals than ever come directly from a mistake, and I'm convinced that virtually every title contender would get absolutely battered by their counterparts from around the turn of the last decade.

If we humour him and assume that to be the case, the shitness would trickle down, making Everton fortunate benefactors of this apparently appalling era. They’d be in League One and on the cusp of liquidation if teams were as good as they were at the turn of the decade he pines for. 

There’s countless pundits on the telly who were class footballers that don’t seem to know anything about the game in fairness

They, in many cases, are compromised by their former involvement in the pro game. I, on the other hand, was never a professional, but I could have been. My assessment therefore is unencumbered by any insider bias or timidity.

DaveK, really not sure how much irony is involved here...

To be fair I did have a congratulatory message from a blue mate. 

On the the other hand, one of them had texted in to 6 Music - 6 Music! - moaning about a ‘nightmare becoming reality’ This morning. Not sure the presenter telling him it was s brilliant game was what he was after.