You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The brilliant thing is, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having supporters from Norway, or anywhere abroad; on the contrary, it's a sign that you're doing something right.

Unfortunately, those bitter, parochial, small-time, local-club-for-local-people wankstains have made such an issue out of it, that they set themselves up for all the mockery that rightly comes their way.

• Upvote 3

Derek Hatton talking some sense for a change.

I still can't believe that they still go on about this at every single opportunity. I swear it didn't become an issue to them until the late 90s/early 2000's. 

It's as if it's an excuse to mask their failings as a club for 30 odd years. They forget that we beat their de facto European Champions to the league and cup the following season. The year after they won the league then suddenly all their decent players and their manager just fucked off to Rangers and Bilbao. Lineker probably would have left Everton anyway for Barcelona. 

They seem to forget that English clubs and the national teams fans constantly went on the rampage everywhere in Europe for over a decade.

• Upvote 1

On 03/05/2019 at 20:00, sir roger said:

The first team to build statues of two legendary players with one international cap between them.

No offence Sir Rog but Jimmy Case won more European Cups than England caps and how many did Alan Kennedy get? The region you played in mattered more than how good you or the team you played for happened to be. The players that statue represent where some of the finest to have played the game.

Unfortunately for  them like JC and AK the FA considered them to be from the wrong part of the Country.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dandyman said:

No Words .... I’ve got even less!!!

I work with that cunt!!

He wasn’t alive at the time either

How many times a day do you have to choke back the urge to beat the piss out of him?

No disrespect to you Dandyman, but I've worked all over the country, I work in Manchester now, and I found Sheffield to be the least welcoming place of all. I think most of the people I worked with there heard my accent and decided not to make any effort to communicate with me.

Was at New Brighton yesterday and saw how Anfield dominates the skyline. The lack of building work at Bramley Moore was evident. Even if, and it's a huge if, they manage to cobble together a stadium on the site their vision of it overtaking Anfield as a tourist destination and us rotting in L4 is absurd.  

Cruise ship after cruise ship of people sailing passed the Fat Joe's Dinner Bowl with their necks angled towards Anfield. Fantastic. 

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Derek Hatton talking some sense for a change.

I still can't believe that they still go on about this at every single opportunity. I swear it didn't become an issue to them until the late 90s/early 2000's. 

It's as if it's an excuse to mask their failings as a club for 30 odd years. They forget that we beat their de facto European Champions to the league and cup the following season. The year after they won the league then suddenly all their decent players and their manager just fucked off to Rangers and Bilbao. Lineker probably would have left Everton anyway for Barcelona. 

They seem to forget that English clubs and the national teams fans constantly went on the rampage everywhere in Europe for over a decade.

This needs putting to bed once and for all. Everton have always been a selling club. If Gary Lineker fucked off for European football, why did he come back and sign for Spurs while the ban was still in place? Arsenal also managed to build a title winning team during the ban. Man Utd started buying the spine of their title winning teams during the ban as well. Having European football isnt a magic fucking ticket to sustained success, just ask Leeds, Norwich, Newcastle and Blackburn.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Was at New Brighton yesterday and saw how Anfield dominates the skyline. The lack of building work at Bramley Moore was evident. Even if, and it's a huge if, they manage to cobble together a stadium on the site their vision of it overtaking Anfield as a tourist destination and us rotting in L4 is absurd.  

Cruise ship after cruise ship of people sailing passed the Fat Joe's Dinner Bowl with their necks angled towards Anfield. Fantastic. 

Work wouldn't have started on the dock as they don't even have a design, let alone planning permission. I said at the time and I'll say it again, this moshiri is just their H&G except instead of spades in the ground, he goes for public consultations. 

I was 3 when Heysel happened. Therefore get a bit confused when opposition supporters shout ‘murderer’ at me.  

Everton fans are just doing what you do when your team is shit, you revel in the perceived failings of others so you can feel better about your own worse failings. I did the same myself when the red mancs were dominant, they’d win the league every year but I loved saying how shit they were if we got a good one off result against them or they got beat in the latter stages of the CL. 

There is an element about Everton that is so weird though. Medium sized club, shit ground, mostly mid table players with any that are above average probably likely to be picked off them, no chance of qualifying for the CL. Recent investment that won’t be replicated and still finishing in the same position as before the investment. Zouma and Gomes returning to their parent club. Richarlison probably to go so basically I don’t understand what they think they’ve got to look forward to. Oh no, sorry, just an imaginary stadium they can’t afford that somehow attract a load of fans who were otherwise uninterested. The only way that would happen is if Liverpool started playing their home games there. 

Imagine if your best day as a supporter was when you didn’t get relegated because you bribed the oppo keeper. They’ll still claim they’re bigger and better than Liverpool though. ‘Hurr hurr, the RS lost to Barcelona and might only come second in the league, hurr hurr, shows how shit they are, wait till we sign Barca’s 9th choice right back for 35 million, we’ll piss all over them then next year’

• Upvote 1

There's loads of them still going on about the Fabinho free kick. Almost 48 hours after it happened. Rent. Fucking. Free. 

As for Heysel, they need to move on. They're acting more like they're the real victims of what happened, rather than the people who died and those who were bereaved. After we got beat by Barcelona, I pointed out that Everton had never even been in the Champions League proper and got a few of them replying along the lines of "yeh, and why's that?" or "we all know why that is" invoking Heysel. Their ban ended almost 30 years ago. They've had plenty of time to sort their shit out. They really do need to stop blaming Heysel for everything and shed the victim complex that pervades their club and fan base. 

But I thought Moshiri coming under the financial guidance of Usmanov was the catalyst to greatness? Those hundreds of millions spent, new stadium on the horizon and Champions League beckoning where has it all gone wrong?

They really never learn, have to spout off then get left with egg on their face time and time again. Then as we all know they have a fail safe, a go to excuse.

We laugh and joke on here but I seriously think they have developed a condition over the years, it seems to pass from generation to generation only to skip the odd fortunate soul. It is mental illness and I mean that, the bitter deflection, the delusions, the lies. If they weren’t so fucking vile a fan base in general, you could actually pity them.

I think it's going to be really funny next season when Leicester are making a real run at the top six, showing them how they should have spent their money rather than pissing it away on average players.

Seriously, if Leicester can keep Tielemans then that midfield they've got will give Arsenal's and Chelsea's midfields a run for their money. Compare that to Everton, who've spent far more and have ... Gueye (who's probably off), Gomes (who has nice hair but is massively overrated, and doesn't belong to them anyway), Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson. It's a massive gulf when you see Leicester spending much smarter and playing this season with Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison.

On 05/05/2019 at 15:53, Barry Wom said:

That is funny. Especially the 3 years thing. What makes them think that is possible? They don't even have plans yet or even drawings do they? Let alone planning permission and an understanding of just how fucking difficult it will be to build on a dock. And I don't need to even mention the money as they've no fucking idea how much this will all cost. I can't believe they suck this shite up. I was out a few weeks back with a few mates, 2 were blues and we started talking about this and it hasn't even crossed their minds they won't be out of woodison in a couple of years. 

You'd think they might take that with a pinch of salt, since "in a new stadium within 3 years" was first mentioned in 2016.

On 03/05/2019 at 16:32, Doctor Troy said:

That is truly magnificent.

"the only English stadium outside Wembley to host a World Cup semi final"

Is it meant to be a parody?

Incidentally, among all the testimonies to how hostile and intimidating Goodison is, he forgot to mention the various black players who have named it as the most racist ground in the league.  And the pinnacle of all that hostile energy?  They held Liverpool to a draw.