You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, belarus said:
Diogenes the Cynic

Diogenes the Cynic

Player Valuation: £8m
What body part of yourself would you be prepared to lose to stop them winning the league?

I was thinking part of a finger but i touch type so don't want to lose that. Maybe the tip of the toe next to the little toe, that doesn't seem to do much?

I'd think about the top part of an ear. Maybe that would let you wear all hats at a fun jaunty angle.

Or your foreskin, you can have fun pretending to be a bad Jew and eat pork scratchings and oysters.

Other suggestions are welcome.

What the fuck...

After reading that delusional Esk article on Toffee Web I had a look to see what they said about that Two Tribes documentary, loads of bitter bollocks as you would expect:

Hillsborough was an appalling tragedy for way more than the 97 who died and their families and friends (and the many more that suffered injury), because on a lesser but still crucial level Heysel robbed us Evertonians of everything, forever. Our loss was not of loved ones admittedly but it was and remains a grievous loss nonetheless.   

Get real: they murdered 39 people. End of.

I couldn't agree more. Horrible club, Liverpool... fucked our history up. 

Twats.

https://toffeeweb.com/season/18-19/comment/general/37899.html

I might be in the minority here but I would prefer not to share here the kind of messages like above especially those coming from bitter and deluded people. So while we can make fun of them all we can (while we can), I do not want to read others opinions on Heysel or Hillsborough. Can't expect right judgement from them though there are few sound blues around us.

They will never believe it was an accident. They call us murderers because they actually believe we wanted to murder 39 people. 

I watched the documentary again the other night after seeing that two tribes last Saturday.  

I believe our fans have to take some of the blame for charging at the Juventus fans but I don't believe that we are solely to blame. The stadium was shite and some of the Juventus fans behaviour in the stadium was shocking.  

According to most Liverpool fans the charge started because Juventus fans who had bought tickets in the neutral section were throwing rocks at the Liverpool fans then beat up a young Liverpool fan who was 10 years old.

There were no alcohol restrictions anywhere. If anyone has drunk Belgian beer like Duvel or Chimay you'll know it's Rocket fuel. 

Unfortunately the majority of people killed were innocent bystanders who just wanted to get away from the fighting. 

The police who were on duty were classed as the "4th tier of police" as most of the main officers had built up too much leave and overtime due to the Pope visiting Brussels weeks earlier. They had no experience of patrolling a high profile football game. 

Prior to the fighting at the stadium there was none in the city centre.  The documentary even focuses on the two sets of fans playing football together and swopping scarves. 

Any Evertonians reading this will take this as me making out our fans were angels.

Such an emotive subject still, and always will be.

I go along with everything Doctor Troy said above.

The year before our fans were battered in Rome by police and fans after winning there and so were wary of what to expect off Juventus fans.

Some might even have been expecting violence and so were on a hair trigger.

The Club and Merseyside Police had tried, and failed, to convince the authorities that Heysel wasn’t fit to stage a final of such magnitude.

People, Evertonians included, conveniently forget that it was pretty much standard for there to be fighting at games in those days both outside and inside stadiums, at home and abroad, by fans of many clubs, Evertonians included, in fact at least one of those found guilty of manslaughter was believed to have been a blue over there with his mates.

I spent the day in Brussels and didn’t see any trouble. In fact, we swapped stuff with Juve fans and I could post photo’s of me and mates doing that.

The rioting was surreal, there was some back and forth shite, the Belgian police (cadets) stood and watched as it got worse and then the fence came down and there was a rush forward by ours. Their fans,  in the main, turned and ran and the poor bastards at the back were crushed up against a wall that gave way because of the bad condition of the general infrastructure that the club had warned about.

In the aftermath of the final there was a debate on Granada TV where a select bunch of “hoolies” were invited to give their thoughts. One West Ham ICF member said “The scousers we’re unlucky really, something like this was always going to happen, they just happen to be the ones it has happened to”.

Ironically, we had been in Europe for about 20 years at that point with little violent trouble attributed to us.

Despite all this, sadly, had our fans not surged forwards, there wouldn’t have been a crush and quite probably nobody would have died when the wall collapsed.

But if it hadn’t have happened at Heysel, then that West Ham fan could have been right and it could have happened to Everton or United or anyone else before action was taken.

It was us though, and we’ll have to live with that as part of our history.

• Upvote 3

Unless you were there in the 70s and 80s it's difficult to comprehend just how commonplace charging was. If there was no proper segregation then it would happen to some degree  in most games at most clubs in all divisions. Part of the normal match-going experience. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

"Where's yer famous... 

Where's yer famous... 

Where's yer famous plastic flags?

Where's yer famous plastic flags?"

That is staggering - the way those twats go on about our scarves and flags then they do that.

Dead funny at moment watching them win a few games and start believing they are the business suddenly....their sill siren is making the pit a place to fear etc.

Just makes the comedown all the funnier.