You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The Echo as I  knew it years ago is dead, it's a joke now. But I take my hat off to the men and women (and other undefined humans) that work tirelessly trying to polish the turds that are Everton stories. 

How they manage to spin that shit club and its antics into anything that remotely appears positive is beyond me and for that work alone they deserve my total respect. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, an tha said:

This gave a me a good laugh.

HOW EVERTON ARE BUILDING A FINANCIAL POWERHOUSE

Basically an article that boiled down to they need to crack the top 6 and build new ground.

Brilliant stuff!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-farhad-moshiri-everton-building-16035798

Next week in The Echo HOW ALBERTO MORENO IS ON WAY TO WINNING THE BALON D'OR...

Basically detailing how he should morph into 1990's Paolo Maldini, win La Liga and The European Cup with Real Betis and score the winner in the World Cup Final.

"

A new agreement with Umbro has been suggested, but Everton will be looking closely at lucrative deals enjoyed by Manchester United and Arsenal with Adidas, Manchester City with Puma and Chelsea and Spurs with Nike.

With Manchester United’s deal worth £75million a season alone and the others largely boasting kit sponsor income of £50million a season and upwards, the message to the club is clear: sponsors are willing to pay the big bucks, if the club is able to showcase a sponsor’s wares in European competition or when the club’s captain is lifting a trophy above his head."

Sponsorship talks with kit companies will probably resemble a conversation with Father Jack, with every one of their answers being one of their most cherished axioms: Everton, aren't we?; we go the game; senior club; People's club; born not manufactured; Koppites are gobshites.

3 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

"

A new agreement with Umbro has been suggested, but Everton will be looking closely at lucrative deals enjoyed by Manchester United and Arsenal with Adidas, Manchester City with Puma and Chelsea and Spurs with Nike.

With Manchester United’s deal worth £75million a season alone and the others largely boasting kit sponsor income of £50million a season and upwards, the message to the club is clear: sponsors are willing to pay the big bucks, if the club is able to showcase a sponsor’s wares in European competition or when the club’s captain is lifting a trophy above his head."

Sponsorship talks with kit companies will probably resemble a conversation with Father Jack, with every one of their answers being one of their most cherished axioms: Everton, aren't we?; we go the game; senior club; People's club; born not manufactured; Koppites are gobshites.

They should try Lonsdale for their kit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Tim Cahill has revealed the best 11 he has played with. Laugh 

D2vKdBUWsAEwTRi.jpg

To be fair, he only ever played for Australia and Millwall as well so those probably are the best players he's played with.  Says more about him, he's as shit as the shite he surrounds himself with.

That would be absolutely perfect at this stage of his career, in terms of how it would go for them. Not least the comedy contrast between their boasts at first followed by the unfolding disaster.

On the other hand, would make the derbies absolutely poisonous and the amusement of watching him burn out twice at Chelsea and then United still didn’t compensate for having to see and hear the malignant little gnome.

Would prefer he fucks off abroad and runs his career down somewhere I can ignore more easily.

6 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

"

I'll be looking closely at the Mclaren car showroom on park lane in London. Doesn't ever mean I'll be getting one either

They’ve painted themselves into a corner by trying to occupy a moral stance that says “We’re everything that LFC isn’t” even though they’re desperate to be like us, and the other five clubs in the top six. Their aspirations and values are mutually exclusive. Don’t they get that?

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Esk has just tweet3d that they've extended their kit deal with Umbro.

No financial details and no statement of "record kit deal".

It's not like Everton to build themselves up then fall flat on their face or fail to deliver what they go round telling everyone is it?

Record kit deal for them. So about 15 mill a year then.