You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

They should build their imaginary stadium in Royston Vasey. The peoples club for local north Wales fans.

If OT is "the Theatre of Dreams" BMD is "the Theatre in Dreams".

A few Bloos I've spoken to think it's going to happen, because they think  it's more plausible than the other stadium schemes.  Well, I suppose Bigfoot is more plausible than the Loch Ness Monster, but guess what...

13 hours ago, Marko121 said:

Just one massive shit stain and an irrelevance in the footballing world.

Their entire existence at the moment (and has been for a very long time) is based on what we do or don't achieve. That about sums them up.

I'd give more respect to a dog shitting in the street than that bunch of deluded obsessed muppets.

Hate them and love taking the piss out of them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Saw a comment on the Guardian saying that Pickford is fast becoming the new Joe Hart , and a comment disagreeing saying that he had done a screen test for Head & Shoulders but they had to scrap it as he squeezed the stuff onto his hands but then couldn't reach his head with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Echo Sports Editor: "Liverpool have gone through to the last eight - quick, break out the generic stadium story folder and get one on the website!"

Hack: "But...  ....but...  ...Liverpool have done so well this season we've...  ...er...  ...run out of them."

Echo Sports Editor: " Shit. Shit. Shitting shit. What else have we got."

Hack: "Well there is that piss poor Birth Of The People's Club one...."

Echo Sports Editor: " Get it upon the site! Get it up on the site! Like yesterday!"

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Stuff like that - the day after our victory in Munich - almost makes me feel sorry for them.

Almost...

For them? 

I feel sorry for us. We've had some great days. Amazing memories. But, we're yet to have a manager give us a nickname, the authenticity of which is practically impossible to verify. 

We should be envious of them. Not the other way round. The game going, born (not manufactured), 1 worth 20 peopley people. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AB13 said:

Just one massive shit stain and an irrelevance in the footballing world.

Their entire existence at the moment (and has been for a very long time) is based on what we do or don't achieve. That about sums them up.

I'd give more respect to a dog shitting in the street than that bunch of deluded obsessed muppets.

Hate them and love taking the piss out of them.

The dog would go straight into their midfield on account that he is reasonably good at winning the ball back and going on a mazy run.

The only reason why any Liverpool fans said anything about the Peoples Club shite is that it was said by Bill Shankly years ago. Like everything Everton just nick other clubs sayings or the ones they actually come up with are a dig at us. 

Moyes piped up before one of the derbies saying that Everton were denied their chance of competing in the European Cup because of Heysel. No event triggered it just that he had probably ran out of bitter credits and needed topping up to keep the fans off his case.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Echo Sports Editor: "Liverpool have gone through to the last eight - quick, break out the generic stadium story folder and get one on the website!"

Hack: "But...  ....but...  ...Liverpool have done so well this season we've...  ...er...  ...run out of them."

Echo Sports Editor: " Shit. Shit. Shitting shit. What else have we got."

Hack: "Well there is that piss poor Birth Of The People's Club one...."

Echo Sports Editor: " Get it upon the site! Get it up on the site! Like yesterday!"

Nil Standards Nisi Journalism.

12 minutes ago, Wezza said:

I'm guessing us drawing Porto is some UEFA conspiracy to make sure we try and get through to the Final.

Twatter is full of bloos giving it how UEFA have fixed the draw for us to win

Moyes was both lowering expectations and playing to the crowd at the same time. However, it just cemented the Blue mindset as the underdog to us, and they've lived comfortably and happily in our shadow ever since. It's chipped away at them and, because they've been pretty badly managed over the years (aging stadium, poor transfers, disastrous manager choices), they're now more bitter than they've ever been and even their own "successes" (or what they perceive as such) is viewed through a Liverpool FC prism. 

Anyway, so far we've played Napoli, PSG and Bayern Munich and we've only just got to the quarter finals. So much for a conspiracy. 

And what the fuck would everton fans know about european football? They've had fucking 30 years to get back in it and failed miserably. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Johnlj said:

That's probably one of the worst articles I've ever read. It's comical Ali stuff levels. That paper really have gone down the drain.

When it got to the bit about how Moyes would go down in Everton folklore despite being in charge for 10 years without winning anything, I did wonder if it was a wind-up by the Red Echo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

When it got to the bit about how Moyes would go down in Everton folklore despite being in charge for 10 years without winning anything, I did wonder if it was a wind-up by the Red Echo.

This made me snort as well-

he transformed what had been an ailing team with a single top half finish in the first decade of the Premier League to one that would achieve the feat nine times under his stewardship.

A supposed big 6 team (big 5 for most of Moyes' tenure) was transformed into consistently finishing in the top half of the team. Wonderful stuff.