You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

They are extremely fortunate that every year there are at least 3 sides shitter than them, saving them from the drop and guaranteeing them a slice of the huge windfall from TV that the clubs have collectively bargained for. If that collective agreement was to end when the TV deal is next up for renewal, can they really hope to bring in as much as they currently are by negotiating their own deal, never mind better it? Their other income streams are absolutely dwarfed by those of several other clubs including ourselves.

Reality is that in the modern game Everton are just one of many mid/lower table sides who are all about as big and as attractive as each other.

I think they had something like the 10th biggest turnover in league and it was a figure in the same ballpark as Watford, Southampton, Palace et al.

That is their level on and off the park.

Bang average.

9 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I wonder what the average Evertonian's plans are for this evening?

After the three hours of crying, an hour of masturbating to the recent derby cup final, practising their booing and then 10 minutes of looking at artists renditions of Bramley Moore stadium. So a normal night. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Reality is that in the modern game Everton are just one of many mid/lower table sides who are all about as big and as attractive as each other.

I think they had something like the 10th biggest turnover in league and it was a figure in the same ballpark as Watford, Southampton, Palace et al.

That is their level on and off the park.

Bang average.

When you consider that, unlike the other 3 you've named, Everton have been a constant in the top flight and got their share of the TV windfall every year, to only be level pegging with those clubs on overall income only emphasises how badly that club has been developed and run.

What I’ve learnt from GOT in the last five minutes....

The Bundesliga is on a par with League One;

Everton would finish in the top six in the Bundesliga (are they admitting they’re a League One side?);

We are a distinctly average side who get goals out of nowhere;

The remaining CL teams will destroy us;

They wish they’d bought VVD because we wouldn’t have him and they’d have sold him to City for a fortune by now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Everton would finish in the top six in the Bundesliga (are they admitting they’re a League One side?);

They wish they’d bought VVD because we wouldn’t have him and they’d have sold him to City for a fortune by now.

Walking Dead levels of self awaremess

They're a bit like the BT commentary tonight; as the game kicked off it was all about how great Bayern are at home, unbeaten, won 6 nil at the weekend etc, etc. End of the game and it's Bayern are an aged team in need of an overhaul, German league not what it was, we were lucky to catch them as they're on the wane.

Suuuckk iiittt!

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They're a bit like the BT commentary tonight; as the game kicked off it was all about how great Bayern are at home, unbeaten, won 6 nil at the weekend etc, etc. End of the game and it's Bayern are an aged team in need of an overhaul, German league not what it was, we were lucky to catch them as they're on the wane.

Suuuckk iiittt!

Fickle cunts wouldn't let us have it. Thank fuck we don't need them to.

33 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Suuuckk iiittt!

Ha. I haven’t had a look on there for a while but I was talking to my lad before and I said it’d be good for a laugh to have a read of their Liverpool thread tomorrow. When he asked why, I predicted what you’ve written there almost word for word. 

• Upvote 1

Must've been hard for the orcs tonight. Couldn't have been easy cheering on a team in all red. Also, the team wearing red were soundly beaten but Der red shite still went through? Heads well and truly off. Few wives wandering round county road after walking into a door or two I imagine.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

So they want Van Dijk so they can sell him on?

Only a real genius could come up with such a plan.

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

Shalke would have beaten Everton 10-2 on aggregate.