You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Haha. The fat bastard caught with his hand in the cookie jar trying to sneak this by. Fat idiot. Hope he gets the boot soon. He'd give the boos the money if he thought he wouldn't get caught. 

44 minutes ago, an tha said:

Stronts will be along shortly to point out that it's a Labour mayor spunking away all our money and a Lib Dem holding him to account... and there's really not a great deal us Labour supporters can say to argue against that.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Only theatre that blert has ever been to is the one he had his lobotomy in

Went to that one night in Istanbul and there was a wannabe scouse comedian twat sat near me like him thinking he was hilarious shouting out unfinny shite when there was a pause between lines. Wasn't even pissed, turned round to him and said "that wasn't funny when you did that 30 minutes ago and it's not funny now you tit".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Stronts will be along shortly to point out that it's a Labour mayor spunking away all our money and a Lib Dem holding him to account... and there's really not a great deal us Labour supporters can say to argue against that.

The striking bit for me was were fat bastard mentions 'due diligence,' like it was a dirty phrase, and should have no part in council business. It's been years since I lived back home but it's still like Boardwalk Empire, by the look of it.

Just now, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

The striking bit for me was were fat bastard mentions 'due diligence,' like it was a dirty phrase, and should have no part in council business. It's been years since I lived back home but it's still like Boardwalk Empire, by the look of it.

Yeah, that stuck out for me too- due diligence should be the norm, not something that has to be 'screamed for'. Not that any council should be involved in this type of thing anyway.

4 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Attributing this spend to that 'due dilligence' and quite clearly pointing the finger at what he sees as the temerity of it being asked for and blaming it being asked for for the spend.

Mans a fucking idiot.

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Having this thread constantly at the top of the agenda makes us look a bit like them.

They took some points off us, get over it. 

In fairness, football aside, their use or attempted use of taxpayers' money is fucking shocking. In this kind of environment:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/mar/05/great-british-sell-off-how-desperate-councils-sold-91bn-of-public-assets

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

In fairness, football aside, their use or attempted use of taxpayers' money is fucking shocking. In this kind of environment:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019/mar/05/great-british-sell-off-how-desperate-councils-sold-91bn-of-public-assets

Which is a fair point, I'm just not sure it would be getting so much airtime had we won the game. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Which is a fair point, I'm just not sure it would be getting so much airtime had we won the game. 

Regardless of game, I'm amazed how little attention it receives. Locally or nationally.

Needless to say, this state of affairs reaches well beyond Everton...

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

Regardless of game, I'm amazed how little attention it receives. Locally or nationally.

Needless to say, this state of affairs reaches well beyond Everton...

Aren't the councils under pressure due to national austerity?  They must have to make some desperate decisions with the fucking cunts we have in charge at the top. 

48 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Aren't the councils under pressure due to national austerity?  They must have to make some desperate decisions with the fucking cunts we have in charge at the top. 

It's a national issue. Though not English, I live in a relatively affluent part of the country. But, even here, austerity politics have destroyed local services...

54 minutes ago, No2 said:

I don't see any reason for Everton to pay for that. The council undertook the work to safeguard their money, unless Everton agreed to cover the costs I can't see any reason why they would.

Most applicants for commercial funding would be expected to underwrite due diligence costs if the deal doesn't proceed.   If the council hasn't got these costs covered then the district auditor should be looking to surcharge those who made the decisions.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

Having this thread constantly at the top of the agenda makes us look a bit like them.

They took some points off us, get over it. 

Fuck off back to the GF you Leg Spinning Star Wars Geek!

Only kidding.

But still fuck off!

Only messing!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, No2 said:

I don't see any reason for Everton to pay for that. The council undertook the work to safeguard their money, unless Everton agreed to cover the costs I can't see any reason why they would.

Joe "new stadium within 3 years" Anderson says they will and I see no reason not to take his word.

9 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Slightly amusing, "Everton Prime" at 1 min 35 seconds onwards.

If Everton ever made a behind-the-scenes documentary, it would be an even bigger train wreck than the Sunderland one, and have the same 'quirky' narration as shows like Come Dine With Me.