You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

16 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Nah.

We've been stop start recently as it is so there isn’t even the novelty for them to achieve something others haven’t against us, and they still have the Silva factor. This will be as easy as it comes at Goodison.

I'm far more concerned about Watford in midweek.

i think they will be like wild animals next week. they will be wound up to fuck for this one and it gives all of them a chance to put their shite season right in 90 mins. personally i think it will be our toughest match of the last 11. We could still win well despite that, as I could just as easily see them down to 10 men in 5 minutes. 

27 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

i think they will be like wild animals next week. they will be wound up to fuck for this one and it gives all of them a chance to put their shite season right in 90 mins. personally i think it will be our toughest match of the last 11. We could still win well despite that, as I could just as easily see them down to 10 men in 5 minutes. 

I’d be a lot more worried if Moyes or even Allardyce was still there.

I don’t think many of their players - nor the manager - will be riled up more than for any game against top opposition. That’s the one big advantage someone like Moyes can give to a local club like Everton. He was a decent chip-on-the-shoulder merchant for when the big teams visited Goodison, but they don’t even have that nowadays.

16 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’d be a lot more worried if Moyes or even Allardyce was still there.

I don’t think many of their players - nor the manager - will be riled up more than for any game against top opposition. That’s the one big advantage someone like Moyes can give to a local club like Everton. He was a decent chip-on-the-shoulder merchant for when the big teams visited Goodison, but they don’t even have that nowadays.

They still have people in the background like Ferguson and unsworth though don't they? I saw Phil Neville on one of those programmes his brother does where they look back at parts of their careers. PN brought up the derby and talked about how everyone around the club was at it and from way before the match , he said he found it really weird. I know it's a different manager, but I'm certain there's plenty of their kind around the dressing room and making sure they all know they can wipe the slate clean in 1 game. 

57 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

They still have people in the background like Ferguson and unsworth though don't they? I saw Phil Neville on one of those programmes his brother does where they look back at parts of their careers. PN brought up the derby and talked about how everyone around the club was at it and from way before the match , he said he found it really weird. I know it's a different manager, but I'm certain there's plenty of their kind around the dressing room and making sure they all know they can wipe the slate clean in 1 game. 

Just Ferguson, I think the rest of the first team coaching staff is all Silva’s. Ferguson has been there for several years, too, so if he was some sort of motivational genie, I think we’d have seen the effect.

They’re going to beat us one day soon, we can’t avoid defeat forever but I don’t think this is it.

I’ll be concerned if we turn up and smash Watford to pieces, because that might lead to complacency. I don’t think we will though. I envision a tough, ground out win in midweek followed by something resembling Rocky I at Goodison, differing only in the sense that his more successful, decorated and cultured opponent extinguishes his delusions within a few rounds.

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Just Ferguson, I think the rest of the first team coaching staff is all Silva’s. Ferguson has been there for several years, too, so if he was some sort of motivational genie, I think we’d have seen the effect.

They’re going to beat us one day soon, we can’t avoid defeat forever but I don’t think this is it.

I dont think they'll beat us. I think we'll win. I just think it'll be the hardest game of our run in. As for Ferguson, I'm not saying he's manager of the year, but it doesn't mean he can't get them wound up. As I said before, I could see them down to 10 men in 5 mins. This is Everton's biggest game since 1987. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The pressure is all on us. This might be the only chance we have of beating them as once Messi, De Ligt, Neymar, Mbappe, Sancho and Zidane see Dan Meis's spectacular designs for the new stadium they will all get Everton tattoos and crawl over broken glass to play and manage Everton. 

Stop talking fucking crap mate. Messi is too old for them.

• Upvote 1