You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

So... the best goalkeeper and left-back on Merseyside have managed to only concede 39 goals, while the second best have let in a whopping 15.

That balance of power has well and truly shifted.

But if you divide that figure into how much those two cost and they have well the better bargain and return on the investment against goals conceded. The jammy gets. 

The reason the powers that be want Liverpool to win the League. I think he may have a point.....................

N.S.N.O.

Player Valuation: £30m

Liverpool winning the league is a gold mine for the Premier League and the entire media.....Liverpool have a much bigger fanbase than Man City and Spurs.. 

Football is a business, worldwide Liverpool are one of the biggest supported teams (them and United are the big 2)...

A big percentage of Liverpool fans are bandwagon fans (they only really show interest when they think there gonna win something).... When they show interest, they subscribe to Sky Sports and BT to watch their team (same with PPV channels all over the world)..... They click on to articles online to read up on what they need to tell friends is their opinion... They buy newspapers they wouldn't normally.... More viewers and readers, means bigger advertising deals, and bigger TV deals for the PL... 

Guarantee you Sky and BT have atleast 5 times the subscribers now then they had the year Leicester won the league... 

So yes the Premier league has a financial reason to want to see Liverpool succeed... And the media have a financial reason to make light of offside goals, and diving that are bringing Liverpool success (and sure if all the pundits are biased Liverpool fans, everything is easily taken care of)...

3 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The reason the powers that be want Liverpool to win the League. I think he may have a point.....................

N.S.N.O.

Liverpool winning the league is a gold mine for the Premier League and the entire media.....Liverpool have a much bigger fanbase than Man City and Spurs.. 

Football is a business, worldwide Liverpool are one of the biggest supported teams (them and United are the big 2)...

A big percentage of Liverpool fans are bandwagon fans (they only really show interest when they think there gonna win something).... When they show interest, they subscribe to Sky Sports and BT to watch their team (same with PPV channels all over the world)..... They click on to articles online to read up on what they need to tell friends is their opinion... They buy newspapers they wouldn't normally.... More viewers and readers, means bigger advertising deals, and bigger TV deals for the PL... 

Guarantee you Sky and BT have atleast 5 times the subscribers now then they had the year Leicester won the league... 

So yes the Premier league has a financial reason to want to see Liverpool succeed... And the media have a financial reason to make light of offside goals, and diving that are bringing Liverpool success (and sure if all the pundits are biased Liverpool fans, everything is easily taken care of)...

If Everton won the league I wonder how Sky would cope with the extra 5 subscribers. I'm not a fan of club TV channels, do they have one? I had to check, it doesn't appear so. I'd love them to form a TV channel it would be hilarious and probably feature us most of the time.

Like a state run tv station in some little country run by a dictator, they have to do it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

N.S.N.O.

Evertonians don't help the matter by watching every single one of our games too.  They will all be watching tonight to get outraged by a Salah dive, a contentious refereeing decision or how our fans behave.

9 hours ago, an tha said:

4 Liverpudlians are worth 32 pts more than the whole Everton team.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/birchall_1878/status/1097633918424104960

That lad is clearly a complete strapon. Inane ravings of a lunatic. Look at that list of comparisons. Richarlison better than Firmino - hmm. Keane better than Gomez - laughable, and that’s just 2 that jump out.

The focus as always on why we’re ahead and not focusing on their failings. 

This new stadium stuff is ridiculous, I’ve never understood why a team like that think a new stadium will help them. They’re still Everton, top players won’t want to join them because the stadium is new, more fans won’t go, again - because it’s Everton. You could design the worlds greatest stadium but if the entertainment on display is basically a dog curling out a turd in the middle of the field you still aren’t going to go are you.

They’re sad, mediocre twats, I’ve been looking at their fixtures and reckoned they might get a generous 42 points. Utter fucking garbage club, team and manager. 

Pointless, they make up the numbers. It’s like Watford claiming they’d be a threat if they get a brand new stadium. 

And Digne will have gone to Everton as he didn’t fancy a 3rd or 4th club in a row where he was a sub. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, an tha said:

4 Liverpudlians are worth 32 pts more than the whole Everton team.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/birchall_1878/status/1097633918424104960

The best Brazilian in Europe is "bang average".

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/332710-roberto-firmino-samba-gold-award

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

N.S.N.O.

5A106D0D-83B3-4F43-B6DE-531ACD057269.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Nothing quite like half a billion in loans for a stadium that possibly repay that through the limited attendance and ticket price.

An owner owed £250m in loans that has recently stated in public that the spending spree is over. Only because he can’t con them into more loans.

Their best prospects sold, replaced with expensive shite on long term contracts.

A manager that looks to be utter shite.

They would be better buying a lottery ticket for tonight’s euromillions, because they royally fucked up the last couple of years. I couldn’t have done a better job of consigning them to oblivion than the Iranian tax dodger has managed. £137m in sales, £250m in loans and all to go backwards. 

Still, stick some pretty drawings on the internet and they’re all giddy again. 

‘Throw a few quid on them to go down next season, they’re ticking all the boxes of a club circling the drain.

• Upvote 2

Big European night for them tonight remember. Don’t have their own.

Big push for the rest of the season for a possible Europa spot.

Easy in the league apparently with no Europe and out of the cups early.

Not for them though.

Still no concrete news on the stadium. Concrete haha!

Mourinho unlikely. Sam possibly available till June?

Depressing time to be a blue.

• Upvote 1