You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Usmanov is a steel guy though isn't he. I'm sure that's his motivation for being around. Not just for the steel for Everton's ground he probably wants to be involved with any other building project. I think there's plenty of reason their ground could be built, none of it with Everton's fortunes at heart. 

“ Steal Guy “

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Usmanov is a steel guy though isn't he. I'm sure that's his motivation for being around. Not just for the steel for Everton's ground he probably wants to be involved with any other building project. I think there's plenty of reason their ground could be built, none of it with Everton's fortunes at heart. 

No . Russian steel imports are heavily restricted by quotas . Notwithstanding that the amount of material involved in erecting stadium is a drop in the ocean for a massive producer like OEMK in Russia. These sort of contracts will be handled and sourced by a large constructional engineer not a steel producer.  This guy wants a vanity project not a business opportunity.

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

No . Russian steel imports are heavily restricted by quotas . Notwithstanding that the amount of material involved in erecting stadium is a drop in the ocean for a massive producer like OEMK in Russia. These sort of contracts will be handled and sourced by a large constructional engineer not a steel producer.  This guy wants a vanity project not a business opportunity.

I was thinking beyond the stadium. Peel have for years talked about this mini Canary wharf idea for Liverpool waters. As for quotas..... Brexit may change everything where that's concerned. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I was thinking beyond the stadium. Peel have for years talked about this mini Canary wharf idea for Liverpool waters. As for quotas..... Brexit may change everything where that's concerned. 

I will be amazed if don't stay aligned to EU quotas for many years even if Brexit happens. I am not up to date with Peels plans for the docks between Gladstone and the city .  It was a bit of a white elephant as the residential market is pretty much saturated . They will never be working docks again as the River Berth and the container business is where all the investment has gone so I guess they will be delighted to have Ev in Bramley Moore. 

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

I will be amazed if don't stay aligned to EU quotas for many years even if Brexit happens. I am not up to date with Peels plans for the docks between Gladstone and the city .  It was a bit of a white elephant as the residential market is pretty much saturated . They will never be working docks again as the River Berth and the container business is where all the investment has gone so I guess they will be delighted to have Ev in Bramley Moore. 

I don't expect any of it to get going. But I could see how usmanov could be tempted by the opportunity, that was my point really. 

28 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't expect any of it to get going. But I could see how usmanov could be tempted by the opportunity, that was my point really. 

Why would you if your a billionaire touch a club that are at best 7th in the Premier league needing a new stadium when you could go after a a similar placed club in Spain, France or Italy and have a far easier time getting champions league each year. Milan are there for the taking and far better positions for ongoing success

41 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Why would you if your a billionaire touch a club that are at best 7th in the Premier league needing a new stadium when you could go after a a similar placed club in Spain, France or Italy and have a far easier time getting champions league each year. Milan are there for the taking and far better positions for ongoing success

They're not even the most attractive investment in the Premier League.  Teams like West Ham or Newcastle have got a much better chance of stepping up a level if they got the right owners.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I think you're probably right that it won't happen; at least until it's clear where Brexit is going to lead .  

It's amazing how they've spun this out. They were all depressed after the defeat to Wolves and then Watford. Moaning about how shit the team is and how they've gone backwards.

Release a couple of pictures of some blue seats along with a few old photos that have been knocking round since 2016 and it's business as usual:

Look at that, it's the best new build over the last 20 years.

Compare that to the shit tip the redshite play in.

We will bring the league trophy back to Merseyside before the redshite.

Everyone will know Everton better than Liverpool because our stadium is more iconic and on the waterfront.  

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I don't think he cares about football. He cares about making money and his business is selling steel.