You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I don't want to see Mourinho manage in the Premier League again but a season where he takes Everton down I could make an exception for. 

It would be brilliant, wouldn't it?

You can easily see how it would happen as well. They sign him up as a "statement of intent," get all the media talking about them, their fans would be buzzing.

Then they sell Richarlison for big money, Jose spends the money on some over-the-hill attacker like Perisic, by October he's giving interviews about how he "wanted to buy Dybala but the board didn't give me the money they'd promised." Before Christmas he's publicly falling out with Pickford and Keane and he's sacked in January (earning a huge payoff, of course) with the squad in complete disarray and them 16th in the table.

• Upvote 2

This Collina talk reminds me of the joke doing the rounds at the time that Sky were following up their 'One night in May' documentary that they'd done on Istanbul with a similar one on Everton's European Cup campaign called 'Two nights in August'.

If I remember correctly they got smashed 5-1 in Romania in the next round of the UEFA cup after that Villarreal game. It was Collina that prevented them going far in Europe that season though.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

This Collina talk reminds me of the joke doing the rounds at the time that Sky were following up their 'One night in May' documentary that they'd done on Istanbul with a similar one on Everton's European Cup campaign called 'Two nights in August'.

If I remember correctly they got smashed 5-1 in Romania in the next round of the UEFA cup after that Villarreal game. It was Collina that prevented them going far in Europe that season though.

"Knocked out of Europe 

Twice in a month

Moyesie is a genius"

7 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

everton.jpg

• Upvote 6

This is the classic Everton line though isn’t it.

Moyes claimed that decision against Villareal was so unjust it ruined the entire start of their season. Including the 5-1 thrashing to some Eastern European farmers.

Their league form was just a run of defeats at the start of that season too, wasn’t it.

4 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

This is the classic Everton line though isn’t it.

Moyes claimed that decision against Villareal was so unjust it ruined the entire start of their season. Including the 5-1 thrashing to some Eastern European farmers.

Their league form was just a run of defeats at the start of that season too, wasn’t it.

Yep, they lost 7 of the first 8. Check out the league table after this game- https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/4939

We didn't have a great start either, but were third by Christmas. They'd just pulled themselves out the bottom 3- https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/4949

Saw our Finance Director at work for the first time in a while. We are both based in the South and he is actually ok when it comes to most things. I took great delight in pointing out when Maureen left United they were only 1 point ahead of the Ev, so surely 4th place should have been there for the taking.

He confirmed for him now that the rest of the season for him is winning the derby and us not winning the league. He was also one of those backing City to beat them the other week, I said it was shameful. He is though a Silva backer, I said we all were.

• Upvote 1