You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, No2 said:

If they hung on for that point at Anfield they would be ninth now.

The league position of Everton after the Derby is completely irrelevant to them, give your head a wobble. It's all about their Cup final and derailing the Redshite title bid. 

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

To be fair, he did get into double figures once or twice. Not sure if that was goals scored in a season or dicks sucked in the Bar-L, but still, good effort from the big guy.

Given his injuries, was it the number of times he made it onto the pitch in a season?

12 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

They've lost 8 out of their last 11 league games and they're still 9th. How fucking shit is everyone else!

I keep wondering if the keep adding points on when nobody is watching. It's mad to think before the derby they had a point they were ahead of the mancs. 

11 hours ago, Sparticarse said:

They’re already paying three managers off, so I’m not sure they can afford to sack him.

I thought they were the Mersey billionaires lid?

• Upvote 1

I find it funny they think the answer is a man that average somewhere between the late 50,early 60 points total each year. That would leave them where they are now. But then they probably believe him when he said they where a quality number 9 from winning the league

Watching the Huddersfield match on MotD last night, it struck me how certain teams have benefitted from finding progressive foreign mangers, and taking risks.

Looking at Everton, and the shallow field from which they draw their managerial shortlist from, is it any surprise they're stagnating? I'd never really twigged before, but they've not hired one manager directly from abroad, it's always been those already on these shores. 

Since 2000 they've had:

Moyes - Preston North End

Martinez - Wigan

Unsworth - Hanging around the club in some capacity

Koeman - Southampton

Unsworth - Still hanging around

Allardyce - LMA gravy train

Silva - Watford

Is there any other top flight club of note who've similarly never looked further afield?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Watching the Huddersfield match on MotD last night, it struck me how certain teams have benefitted from finding progressive foreign mangers, and taking risks.

Looking at Everton, and the shallow field from which they draw their managerial shortlist from, is it any surprise they're stagnating? I'd never really twigged before, but they've not hired one manager directly from abroad, it's always been those already on these shores. 

Since 2000 they've had:

Moyes - Preston North End

Martinez - Wigan

Unsworth - Hanging around the club in some capacity

Koeman - Southampton

Unsworth - Still hanging around

Allardyce - LMA gravy boat

Silva - Watford

Is there any other top flight club of note who've similarly never looked further afield?

Too true.

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Big Dunc would be amazing. Back to the days of posturing about him being harder than Paul Ince with his fists in lieu of having anything football-based to brag about.

“Klopp couldn’t have him in a fight though, could he?”

Fits the club's image right now.  Fight off the pitch, shite on it.

• Upvote 1