You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

They have no strategy. In isolation, some of the players they've bought have been good, but they've changed managers and the structure above them way too often. I would've trusted and kept Koeman through the hard times and tried to actually instill some continuity. 

Moshiri and Kenwright seem like an absolute mess just throwing at a dartboard to determine who to fire and hire. 

Koeman was done there because he didn't hate us and thought they were all bellends over the Christmas tree thing. As soon as he had a bad run of results, it was a certainty they'd get rid.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

That loon will highlight the wage bill and the loan and put in some financial terms that no will understand just to make a point.

Speaking of the loon...........................

Steve0

Steve0

Player Valuation: £40m
Couple of things that stood out for me in liverpool's financial results were the fact that they only paid 10m of the FSG off. This is strange when the interest rate has increased to 2.4%. 

FSG seem determined to eke as much as they can from this stone. Considering it's over 100m profit one can assume they wont be making any payments next year when they make a loss, all the while the loan creeping back up to where it was at the start of this year. 

And the staggering wage bill of 263m, which will have increased quite dramatically this year with new deals galore and keira and Fabinho on multi million pound contracts, salahs wage doubling, mane doing the same , TAA etc. 
Turnover was basically maximised last year, it could easily drop below 400m.

Even last year that 58% of turnover. With wages going up and turnover down we could see wages of over 300m next year (263m + keita 6m + fabinho 5m + allison 6m + 12monyjs of vvd instead of six 4m + new deal for mane 4m + new deal firmino 4m + new deal Robertson 3m + new deal other 5m? + signing on fees....)

We could a wage to turnover ration of over 80%.

It's no wonder Andy Hughes was being so cautious in his press remarks. He can see the storm ahead.

There’s a thread over there titled ‘Watford fans’. This is the opening post.

john jako

Player Valuation: £20m
Are they all going abit over the top with there hatred for Silva? Is it justified?

I find it all abit small club mentality. 

Discuss.

Theyre lack of self awareness is astounding. They’d never go OTT on their hatred for someone that jumped ship, would they?
anyone remember the ‘Die die Nicky Nicky die’ in the Barmby Derby? The stick Moyes had when he went back with Utd? Sammy Lee last year.......and he was on their payroll! They hate Barkley, fuck, some don’t even after jump ship, they just need to put red on their Xmas tree. Small club mentality indeed. 

30 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Steve0

Steve0

Couple of things that stood out for me in liverpool's financial results were the fact that they only paid 10m of the FSG off. This is strange when the interest rate has increased to 2.4%. 

FSG seem determined to eke as much as they can from this stone. Considering it's over 100m profit one can assume they wont be making any payments next year when they make a loss, all the while the loan creeping back up to where it was at the start of this year. 

And the staggering wage bill of 263m, which will have increased quite dramatically this year with new deals galore and keira and Fabinho on multi million pound contracts, salahs wage doubling, mane doing the same , TAA etc. 

Even last year that 58% of turnover. With wages going up and turnover down we could see wages of over 300m next year (263m + keita 6m + fabinho 5m + allison 6m + 12monyjs of vvd instead of six 4m + new deal for mane 4m + new deal firmino 4m + new deal Robertson 3m + new deal other 5m? + signing on fees....)

It's no wonder Andy Hughes was being so cautious in his press remarks. He can see the storm ahead.

Genuinely concerned no doubt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Steve0

Steve0

Fuck me. I wish I hadn't read that. It's put a right dampener on the season.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Steve0

Steve0

Again I am starting to question the financial genius of SteveO, if we ignore his assertions a while ago that Newcastle are in a mess due to having a loan (which is to Ashley who thus far has not taken any of that loan back) and Everton being fine as their loan doesn't count because it's to the owner.

So we've paid off 10 million and still owe 100 million on a loan with an interest rate of 2.4%?

According to SteveO we'll owe that 10 million we paid off again by the end of next year.

100 million plus 2.4% interest equals = 110,000,000 ?

I'm going to have a chat with all my previous maths teachers as my understanding was always that 2.4% of 100 would be 2.4, can't believe I've been misled all of this time.

Even if it was compounded each month it would still only end up as an effective interest rate of about 2.43%. 

For a financial genius he certainly seems to struggle with basic maths.

• Upvote 1

He also seems to struggle with how loan repayments are generally structured.  The club definitely haven't just paid back £10m because that's the amount they've budgeted for and agreed... I guess there won't be an investment plan for the remaining funds with the aim to exceed the interest rate either...  very worrying.

14 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Steve0

Steve0

Ha ha ha ha ha, what a loon

Imagine getting into a Taxi in Liverpool this week 

"Where you going lad?" 

"Five ways please mate......................You on all night?"

"Couple of things that stood out for me in the red-shites financial results were the fact that they only paid 10m of the FSG off. This is strange when the interest rate has increased to 2.4%. 

And the staggering wage bill of 263m, which will have increased quite dramatically this year with new deals galore and Keita and Fabinho on multi million pound contracts, salahs wage doubling, mane doing the same , TAA etc. 

We could a wage to turnover ration of over 80%."

"Heres fine mate" 

• Upvote 3