You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The blue coffin thing was from the year they stayed upnat the expense of Bolton in 98?.

If I remember right the rumour was a load of reds were going to parade a coffin down County Rd.

Whether true or a wind up I dont know and as they fluked staying up again we obviously never had the chance to find out.

10 minutes ago, derykw said:

The blue coffin thing was from the year they stayed upnat the expense of Bolton in 98?.

If I remember right the rumour was a load of reds were going to parade a coffin down County Rd.

Whether true or a wind up I dont know and as they fluked staying up again we obviously never had the chance to find out.

Cheers- hopefully we'll have another chance fairly soon, seeing as they're in free-fall at the moment. Their only saving grace this season is that they're a bit better than the dross that will likely end up going down. Their home fixtures are tough though, and the aways are largely against teams involved in relegation battles, so it could get a bit sticky.

14 minutes ago, derykw said:

Stayed up thanks to a linesman fucking up in the Bolton game when the ball had crossed the line, which if given would have resulted in Bolton staying up...

But it's "der Redshite" that get all the dodgy decisions

Related image

• Like 1

I love their shifting logic, to suit their agenda. 

A week ago it was all "they think they've already won the league. There's loads of games left to play."

Today, they're up to there usual living vicariously through other teams and are celebrating City winning the league, no chance of the redshite winning it now etc. Despite there still being loads of games left to play. 

3 hours ago, an tha said:

The way they are going though they could be in trouble in next few years (I fear for them, I really do)...Aston Villa were like them just floating along in mid table year after year and then suddenly mid table mediocrity turned into a couple of years looking over shoulders and then one year, bang....

Everton: like Aston Villa without the European Cup.

3 hours ago, Angie81 said:

All joking aside it must be miserable to support them. Season over in February, nothing to play for or maybe Europa if they're lucky. Must be depressing. Even when we've been rubbish we've won trophies, got top 4 or played good football, hodgson aside. We've been in a few title races etc. They've had nothing for 25 years, I'd have to give up the game if I was one of them. I'd be utterly miserable every Saturday.

Everton: like 25 years of Hodgson. 

4 hours ago, an tha said:

They seem to lose most weeks but somehow cobble together enough wins v the dross to bob along in mid table.

Says a lot about the so called best league in the world.

The way they are going though they could be in trouble in next few years (I fear for them, I really do)...Aston Villa were like them just floating along in mid table year after year and then suddenly mid table mediocrity turned into a couple of years looking over shoulders and then one year, bang....

I've drawn the parallel with Villa a couple of times - it's not nailed on as there is still some astonishing shit in the division with more shit regularly promoted. In fairness, loads of new owners have done the same as the Mosh (including ourselves) but they usually sort things out sooner or later. The rot at the Pit seems to be systemic. All the signs are there though:

√ A wealthy but not spectacularly rich owner comes in, splashes some cash thinking it's that easy to get in the CL and the abundant riches beyond - it doesn't work as this kind of budget isn't enough in itself amongst top 6 riches.

√ He then tries to box clever appointing a young manager and smooth talking DoF type - this doesn't work either as it's not the quick fix you think it is.

√ Results drift.

√ Other clubs get their shit together.

√ The costs mount. You can't spend as much the next year and you're spending money to save money.

? Owner loses interest.

Other clubs get their shit together.

A couple of promoted clubs are better than shit.

CHAMPIONSHIP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, derykw said:

Exactly right, if Everton were to get relegated the Liverpool fans had a royal blue coffin made to throw in the Mersey. There were some of us (old enough to remember) being accused of letting sheffield utd beat us 2-1 as they were fighting relegation with the bitters.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Manny said:

I've drawn the parallel with Villa a couple of times - it's not nailed on as there is still some astonishing shit in the division with more shit regularly promoted. In fairness, loads of new owners have done the same as the Mosh (including ourselves) but they usually sort things out sooner or later. The rot at the Pit seems to be systemic. All the signs are there though:

√ A wealthy but not spectacularly rich owner comes in, splashes some cash thinking it's that easy to get in the CL and the abundant riches beyond - it doesn't work as this kind of budget isn't enough in itself amongst top 6 riches.

√ He then tries to box clever appointing a young manager and smooth talking DoF type - this doesn't work either as it's not the quick fix you think it is.

√ Results drift.

√ Other clubs get their shit together.

√ The costs mount. You can't spend as much the next year and you're spending money to save money.

? Owner loses interest.

Other clubs get their shit together.

A couple of promoted clubs are better than shit.

CHAMPIONSHIP

I think their owner has already shown signs of losing interest, (ha, he's losing interest on £250m in loans and the same again in what it's cost him to buy the wreck of a club) 

He's not going to throw any more of his money into loans to them and they don't have anyone half decent enough to sell to buy like they did. £135 million in on Lukaku, Stones and Barkley and they are still £250m in debt to their owner. 

As far as the new stadium goes, is this the fourth of fifth time this distraction has been used to keep them quiet? Kings Dock, Tesco etc etc you think they'd have learned by now. 

Moneybags Moshiri

“Financing is not everything. I have thrown £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” he said.

“You just have to get it right, throwing money is not the answer.”

“Just buying players in January may not help us,” Moshiri added.

“We have too many players coming in.

“It's getting the performance level and improving them.

“It's not just rhetoric, we are very serious about what we want to do. I am fan and I look at the the table and No11 is just not good enough, I think we know that.

“I think we've got to go up the table and I think we need to utilise the fans' impatience to drive the club but we need to be patient to allow the development.

Everton banked around £135m from the sale of Stones, Lukaku and Barkley but Moshiri says it has proven difficult to rebuild Everton's squad in their absence.

“The difficulty we've experienced is we lost three of our best players: John Stones, Ross Barkley and Romelu,” he said.

“They were young and on low wages and for us to lose Stones, you get £45m but he was on low wages. To replace him with a defender of that quality you need to pay him £200,00 a week. We didn't do that.

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

AN THA you should change your name to "so called best league in the world!". It really grinds your gears doesn't it.

I despise all the shite sky peddle about the PL - how 'competitive' it is....er yeah ok! All of it.

I'll get on the name change - see if i can find a decent anagram in there