You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The chances of Everton beating city is zero. 

We need maximum points v west ham or we've no business even thinking about the league they are mediocre and we are not. 

This. I still frem the Leicester result was more important than just the two points dropper. City will smell blood after that one, and when they’re on top of their game they won’t drop many points. The pace is set, we need to continue winning more or less every game to stay top.

I think Marcel Brands can see quite clearly, and understands the challenges Silva faces, when he sees the current team in action. If at any stage if a flirtation with relegation becomes an explicitly obvious scenario Silva will be gone. But it’s unlikely and he’ll be given the chance to rebuild.  
But what if he IS fired? Do we want another flavor of the month manager? Nope. We’ve had too many of them. We need someone with proven success behind him, who brings a track record he can slap on the table in front of these young men and say I know what I’m doing, here’s the proof.  
Its not a popular conversation on this site but the answer is so ducking obvious. If you were told a prospective new manager was the only manager in history to have won the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup. Would that be good enough for ya?  
Benítez is the obvious choice. I’d swallow my pride and get behind that if it happened. Something has to change at this club. In my 55 years I’ve seen many bad times but they were usually because we had no money to compete. We’ve spent what, £200m (?) and we’re still a ####ing mess. And! I don’t think Moshiri has a ####ing clue. HE scouted Tosun (so he said) and paid £27m for a likeable but limited striker. Walcott? Symptomatic. We’re grateful of course that in some areas we’re moving forward, but nothing works unless it works on the pitch. We need someone to make it work on the pitch. Nothing I’ve seen in the past 2+ months indicates it’s Silva, sadly.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The chances of Everton beating city is zero. 

We need maximum points v west ham or we've no business even thinking about the league they are mediocre and we are not. 

Could have said that about Newcastle the other day. 

I fully expect City to swat them aside but as we all know, anything can happen.

3 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Fuck Everton and their “It’s the taking part that counts” assumption we’re in any way invested in them getting a good result.

I fully expect them to be neither willing nor able to even keep the score down against City, the ludicrous nomarks, and am perfectly happy with that outcome.

You can’t expect any more than a grunt from a pig, and whether we win the league or not will be absolutely nothing to do with such an irrelevant club.

I dunno, I think the derby win at Anfield helped us greatly. If we win the league, I'll happily tell every blue I know it was down to that day. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Please tell me more about these values

ToffeeTim

ToffeeTim

Player Valuation: £70m
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Anyone promoting Benitez has no respect for the values of the club

What next? Will we get Fowler in to coach the youth, maybe Rush in to coach the reserves. Let's get Sammy Lee back as Rafas no.2 sure as well.

Give me strength.

Just watching last night's MOTD.

Am I missing something here? I thought the point of zonal marking was that you identify the areas where most danger is likely to come from and you make sure that no attackers get close to the ball there.

The Everton approach to zonal marking appears to involve leaving a massive empty space in front of the goal and allowing attackers to run free there.

20190203_222206.jpg

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just watching last night's MOTD.

Am I missing something here? I thought the point of zonal marking was that you identify the areas where most danger is likely to come from and you make sure that no attackers get close to the ball there.

The Everton approach to zonal marking appears to involve leaving a massive empty space in front of the goal and allowing attackers to run free there.

20190203_222206.jpg

Looks to me like they are relying on the shot being stopped by the ref after a sideways roll.