You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Bizarrely, I reckon if we won it, a strange calm would descend over them, as if a spell's been broken.

They've been dreading this for so many years, they've built it up in their own heads, and obsessed over it as much - if not more - than us. They're like Tories who say they'll leave the country if Labour get in, all bile and gnashing of teeth; then they realise the world hasn't ended, so they return to normality.

I dare say it could help them in the long run. Constantly looking to rivals, building an inferiority complex, and hoping you actually lose some games is what's set the rot in for them. They used to be a decent side. Losing their one point to crow about might force them to look harder at themselves than us and get their own shit together.

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Bizarrely, I reckon if we won it, a strange calm would descend over them, as if a spell's been broken.

They've been dreading this for so many years, they've built it up in their own heads, and obsessed over it as much - if not more - than us. They're like Tories who say they'll leave the country if Labour get in, all bile and gnashing of teeth; then they realise the world hasn't ended, so they return to normality.

I dare say it could help them in the long run. Constantly looking to rivals, building an inferiority complex, and hoping you actually lose some games is what's set the rot in for them. They used to be a decent side. Losing their one point to crow about might force them to look harder at themselves than us and get their own shit together.

You'd like to think so but unfortunately it won't happen. Their fans would be made up finishing 19th as long as Liverpool finished 20th.

That's their bitter blueshite logic right there. 

Well there you go chaps. It turns out City and Pep have been told the script and are all in on the PL/FA/UEFA/FIFA/UK/EU/UN/NATO/UAE/SPECTRE conspiracy that will ensure we win the league.

Darth Toffeeman

Darth Toffeeman

Player Valuation: £40m
How Guardiola can fail with that squad is quite frankly appalling. 50m players all over the place ffs. Hate him.
I think they have been told the script.

TV has all the power and sadly there are more RS armchair bells who pay.

Disgusted by it all.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Well there you go chaps. It turns out City and Pep have been told the script and are all in on the PL/FA/UEFA/FIFA/UK/EU/UN/NATO/UAE/SPECTRE conspiracy that will ensure we win the league.

Darth Toffeeman

Darth Toffeeman

How Guardiola can fail with that squad is quite frankly appalling. 50m players all over the place ffs. Hate him.

Disgusted by it all.

Pep Guardiola would probably just do what he's told; he's famously indifferent to winning or losing.

Crazy how their minds work. Surely if there was a conspiracy somehow, (and there isn't) A team with unlimited funds would surely be the most likely to benefit from a conspiracy. 

We're not good enough changed to total conspiracy to suit the way the wind blows. Nothing has been decided yet and already they've lost their heads. 

• Upvote 1

Ive never actually had the pleasure of meeting a full on mad Bluenose...or at least I thought I hadnt.

Theres a guy who delivers materials to our yard on the south coast- he must have been delivering to us for around 7 or 8 years- quiet guy, just unloaded and got off in his HGV back to Bolton I think. Often offered him a tea or a coffee if I was there but he never wanted one so never got proper chatting.....until 2 weeks ago...... I wandered into the yard with a tea in an LFC mug- he literally changed in an instant- started sneering that Im a red and saying random shit like "wish he'd parked further way now" and asking me if Im Norwegian. Didnt see him for a couple of weeks but he rolled in yesterday- immediately tells me that he was involved in the trouble at Milwall, starts saying that they are getting a new stadium which is better than our "loft conversion" and finishes off by saying he hoped they got beat by Huddersfield as he wants Gerrard to take over, as he would definitely take the job as hes a blue.

I said maybe Brendan Rodgers would be a good fit, to which he swore alot and said no way, he's redshite.....and Gerrard isnt.........

8 years Id known the guy and he barely spoke until he saw my LFC cup of tea- now I cant shut him up.

Hilarious                   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Kieve Kev said:

Crazy how their minds work. Surely if there was a conspiracy somehow, (and there isn't) A team with unlimited funds would surely be the most likely to benefit from a conspiracy. 

We're not good enough changed to total conspiracy to suit the way the wind blows. Nothing has been decided yet and already they've lost their heads. 

You don't have to conspire for there to be a conspiracy, but there is a conspiracy.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Darth Toffeeman

Darth Toffeeman

Yesterday at 10:22 PM

Disgusted by it all.

They’re trying to rationalise things - they can’t accept that we would win the league because we’re the best team in the league - no - they have to rationalise - or put another way, they have to tell themselves....rational lies....

Well ‘rational’ in their demented minds.

I thank you.

14 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Blueshite hardman right here.

Frank1981

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
2 minutes ago
New #13,970
 Inappropriate Language
I shouted at the top of my voice in a fit of phelgm ridden rage when I saw it was 2-1, so loud the matey from the flat next door knocked on my door, he asked if everything was OK, I told him to [Poor language removed] off and slammed the door in his face.

I really need to sort my [Poor language removed] out starting with and apology to matey, then laying off the footy for a bit

I suppose they call padded cells 'flats' in Ashworth in a vain attempt at some sort of rehabilitation 

1 hour ago, niallers said:

I posted in the other football thread that can you imagine being a bitter last night? Won, away, down to ten for half hour yet on hearing the city result the level of crest falleness,yes that's a word, would've been widespread. 

Johnny Cash says: hyphenate, damn your eyes!