You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

6 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Found out the score in Ma'edgies, me and me mates burst into laughter, three blues in there had these scowls on their faces that I'll never forget. Just stood there and laughed at them without saying a word. Brilliant.

They really are shit. 

So they didn’t even watch a televised game? 

We neither go or watch the game. Everton aren’t we?

Since winning the FA Cup 24 years ago, they've reached the grand total of ONE cup final of any sort, and that one was 10 years ago when Chelsea beat them in the FA Cup final. They have been in the top flight earning Premier League TV money the entire time, unlike some other clubs who've seen relegation and/or promotion over the same time period yet reached cup finals. For example:

Bolton (League Cup finalists in 1995 and 2004)

Aston Villa (League Cup winners in 1996, finalists in 2010, FA Cup finalists in 2000 and 2015)

Leeds (League Cup finalists in 1996)

Leicester (League Cup winners 1997 and 2000, finalists in 1999, Premier League champions 2016)

Middlesbrough (League Cup winners in 2004, finalists in 1997 and 1998, FA Cup finalists in 1997, UEFA Cup finalists in 2006)

Newcastle (FA Cup finalists in 1998 and 1999)

Tranmere (League Cup finalists 2000)

Birmingham (League Cup winners 2011, finalists 2001)

Blackburn (Premier League champions 1995, League Cup winners 2002)

Southampton (FA Cup finalists 2003, League Cup finalists 2017)

Millwall (FA Cup finalists 2004) * they are the only side in this list neither promoted to or relegated from the Premier League since 1995

West Ham (FA Cup finalists 2006)

Wigan (FA Cup winners 2013, League Cup finalists 2006)

Portsmouth (FA Cup winners 2008, finalists 2010)

Cardiff (FA Cup finalists 2008, League Cup finalists 2012)

Fulham (Europa League finalists 2010)

Stoke (FA Cup finalists 2011)

Swansea (League Cup winners 2013)

Bradford (League Cup finalists 2013)

Sunderland (League Cup finalists 2014)

Hull (FA Cup finalists 2014)

That's the prism by which their fans should be evaluating their club, instead of spending all their time picking at whatever it is we do or don't do. We've made a recent habit of falling at the final hurdle in various competitions but, bar the Premier League (thus far) we've still won at least once in all those competitions since 1995. They wish they were as shit as us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've seen the Everton customer services accounts asking for fans to come forward with accounts/complaints regarding any safety/crowd management concerns they experienced yesterday.

However, to my knowledge, there's yet to be any sort of condemnation of the elements of their own fanbase who went looking for aggro and who looked to have been involved in a clear case of organised fighting. Unless we're to believe that it was a coincidence that a large group of fans from both clubs, dressed mainly in black, converged in the same location, at the same time, both marching directly towards each other and then spontaneously attacked each other with no real flash point. 

Nobody deserves to get slashed. Racist chanting is horrible. Smashing up a bus should be condemned. 

But, the bitters are in overdrive today, trying to maintain their FC Class and Dignity tag. They were all saints, you know. Never their fault...

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Got not sympathy for the lad who got slashed. Went there causing shit and paid the price

Wrong. No excuse whatsover to slash someone's face with a box cutter provocation or not.

Ask yourself why he put the blade in his pocket before he went to the game if he wasn't going to use it then say the Bloo deserved what he got. Lucky not to lose his eye. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Wrong. No excuse whatsover to slash someone's face with a box cutter provocation or not.

Ask yourself why he put the blade in his pocket before he went to the game if he wasn't going to use it then say the Bloo deserved what he got. Lucky not to lose his eye. 

That said but everyone knows what a right bunch of cunts the Millwall fans are, you don't get that kind of reputation without merit so going down there giving it Billy Big Bollocks is hardly going to elicit much sympathy.

Glad no one got serious hurt or worse of course.

• Upvote 1

I wish they'd just get relegated and get it over and done with.  No matter how shit the league is and how many useless teams get promoted they just seem to stay in between 7th and 12th because they always manage to put a small run together. Usually beating the teams below them.

I hope they put another run together so they don't sack Silva and they start getting deluded again and go on about how great they were at Anfield. I Want us to absolutely smash them 5 or 6 nil as I think we've had our fun for now with last minute winners.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

That said but everyone knows what a right bunch of cunts the Millwall fans are, you don't get that kind of reputation without merit so going down there giving it Billy Big Bollocks is hardly going to elicit much sympathy.

Glad no one got serious hurt or worse of course.

Take it you haven't seen the picture of the lads face then? Huge scar right across his face for life. I'd call that pretty serious. 

Not having the "you reap what you sow" shouts either. Yes he is clearly a dick for getting himself involved and all there were well up for the fight but nothing excuses a slashing like that. As has been said, the cockney cunt put that blade in his pocket with the intention of using it. Thankfully the police were filming right where it happened so the stupid cunts door will be getting booted in and he will do some jail time. I hope he needs up in nick on the same wing as some lunatic scouser. 

Anyone who goes the game for a fight is a fucking bellend. 

• Upvote 3

Well they have been given a real boost by sky and the PL with their 'it's the taking part that counts' cup final brought forward to 6th Feb - originally scheduled for 24th Feb but City are in League Cup Final that weekend.

Sarnies in the brick for citeh fans and a nice lay down and die job to fuck up de redshites chances of winning league.

A real boost for them after a shite weekend.

Who could they realistically get that would keep them happy? 

A few seem to suggest Mourinho of all people, with a bit of the arl "Everton aren't we" and "if the board is serious about winning titles it's time to get a big manager in" (I don't think their board has ever hinted at that kind of ambition but OK) 

Others are suggesting they go for Howe, or Nuno from Wolves, but they'd probably turn on them within a month too. 

They seem to need somebody like benitez or pellegrini who have a decent record but are happy to settle a bit for the reduction in pressure and more job security. 

If Benitez gets sick of the lack of funding at Newcastle then Everton should be all over that, but I think their fans would rather get relegated before that happens. 

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I went to read their thread on Silva and everytime I thought I finished catching up on unread material, the thread would have grown by another 10 pages. It has been bumped by almost 70 pages in a day

After people posting some funny shit on here from GOT I went over there when I was not working at Christmas. Even then I couldn't keep up, it was amazing how mad it is one there, especially our thread when they find something to cry about. I honestly don't know how it's possible to contribute on there, you'd need to make it your full time job.