You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

18 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They bragged about it the other week on social media buying tickets in their home end. 

Another one for ‘The shitness of modern football’ thread. You wouldn’t think these people were grown adults. Sound, buy a ticket for the home end, we’ve all done it at one time or another, but taking to social media and bragging about it, is sad.

• Like 1

I'll have a good read of their forum while I'm in bed. Honestly after reading their forum for 20 minutes I sleep like a log. So comforting nodding off to sleep all tucked up on a rainy night like tonight and the warmth of their anguish enveloping me in to a deep slumber.

• Upvote 1

Who would have thought a manager that won 8 of 22 at Hull and 8 out of 26 at Watford would actually be nothing more than a mid table manager.. He won a cup for Sporting and a League title in Greece. Even Wot Hodgson thinks that's a shit resume. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I hope a lot on here are posting there, if not, simply wow. Even for them. Wow!

I read all 7 pages.  The vast majority are genuine fans who fully admit that they hate Everton.  I admire that - it's honest.  Something that you have a huge emotional investment in, is wholly beyond your influence, and continually massively lets you down.  From true football fans, that elicits a bitter resentment that borders on open hatred.

It's why I like Claude (and to a lesser degree that simple manc lad).  I have been there so many times.

Makes a nice change from the deluded Esk and risible Steve0 and their moronic acolytes.

• Upvote 4

Must honestly be a very difficult club to support. Most seasons become dead rubbers around this time of year even though it seems the expectations are always bizarrely quite high. Makes for a very bi-polar fan base. Half of them act like the club leaves them depressed while the other half think they are this great institution and sleeping giant. Very interesting to observe. 

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Another one for ‘The shitness of modern football’ thread. You wouldn’t think these people were grown adults. Sound, buy a ticket for the home end, we’ve all done it at one time or another, but taking to social media and bragging about it, is sad.

You once bought a ticket for the Kop? Bravo, sir. Finally an admission. Only watch Flashscore my arse.

• Upvote 1

It really is rather sweet, and by 'sweet' I mean 'hilarious', how, amidst all the revising down of the quality of the manager and the squad, their performance in the derby only gets better and better. I don't know the Redmen even managed to get out of their penalty area, let alone their half.

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Who would have thought a manager that won 8 of 22 at Hull and 8 out of 26 at Watford would actually be nothing more than a mid table manager.. He won a cup for Sporting and a League title in Greece. Even Wot Hodgson thinks that's a shit resume. 

To be fair, he's managing a mid-table club.

9 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Trying to get Millwall kicked out as videos emerge of the hone fans singing racist songs. Koppite behaviour that. Offended by everything. 

It's terrible at Everton - some things never change

I was very interested to read the article about racism at Millwall, as I'd also heard horrendous racist chanting there when I went to the New Den for the first match of the season (I'm a Norwich fan). It was like going back to the 1980s - I hadn't heard anything like it for years. Having said that, I was at the recent Leicester-Everton match and also heard mass racist chanting from Everton fans. Having not heard such chanting for a long while, I've now heard it twice this season, from Millwall and Everton fans. Some things never change.

Jon Garland, Research Fellow, University of Leicester

Millwall aren't alone

Everton 'fans' at Craven Cottage last weekend were also guilty of deplorable racism. The question that I would ask is: has this behaviour ever really gone away? It certainly hasn't at Goodison Park. Things are better now than they were a decade ago - the 'Kick racism out of football' campaign has done a lot towards driving out those who used to throw bananas at John Barnes in the 1980s, and towards educating the public. But there are still some who just don't want to be educated. It doesn't matter that our club captain is black. It doesn't even matter to this scum that their fellow supporters originate from diverse ethnic backgrounds. Everton have done well by threatening to ban the sale of away tickets, but the onus is also on the common supporter to let these people know that their behaviour is unacceptable. The occasional 'black bastard' comment from an isolated supporter is as bad as any organised chant. These people disgust 99 per cent of right-thinking people. They are not welcome in Goodison Park and the sooner this is brought home to them, the sooner we can eradicate this cancer from the game.

Mark Staniford - Editor, Speke from the Harbour fanzine

2001, admittedly...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/dec/16/newsstory.sport

Roundup of GOT opinion this morning:

1. Moshiri is clueless and the Iranian Randy Learner.

2. Silva has to be sacked.

3. Do not buy Gomes permenantly.

4. Mina is poor and was bought on the back of scoring against England. Against Pickford.

5. Brands needs to earn his money by stopping making mistakes in the transfer market (Mina, Gomes and allowing Niasse to be able to cancel his own loan) and shift the deadwood by selling them off.

5. Another weekend of Watford finds laughing at them.

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Must honestly be a very difficult club to support. Most seasons become dead rubbers around this time of year even though it seems the expectations are always bizarrely quite high. Makes for a very bi-polar fan base. Half of them act like the club leaves them depressed while the other half think they are this great institution and sleeping giant. Very interesting to observe. 

Said as much before, they want to be seen as a plucky, huge club.

This obvious impossibility leads to the fewm and utter insanity.

• Upvote 1