You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Death

Death

Player Valuation: £20m
New #1,793
Be careful what ye wish for. Never in a million years in the Moyes days did I think I'd be more depressed that we'd be owned by a billionaire paying out top dollar on players. When we are in a worse position and I'd wish for just a couple of them players that cost nothing. That team spirit. The respect we had. I wasn't off age in the 80s born in 88 feel like I'm presiding over a slow degenerative death. It's not a mystery what's happening to the crowd.

We have lost so much.

4 hours ago, Le Duan said:

Given that they have been billionaires for a couple of years now, it seems remiss of Moshiri not to have siphoned some dosh into the FA slush fund, thereby purchasing themselves similar luck and immunity from the rules. 

I might be wrong as I only half caught it, but i think on SSN yesterday The Ev have had to say they can't afford anyone in this window. Which is quite shocking for such billionaires. I feel for them. 

19 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Haven't we got a few 'resident posters' that are also 'resident posters' on Alternative Sites? I'd like to know how happy they are!

You don’t have to make progress to make progress and they’re not making progress !!

Nil progress si optimisium

They have made progress. They've had several successful public engagement surveys and events regarding the stadium. 

They've played a blinder spinning this out for so long. The cost will keep going up. They might be waiting to blame Brexit.

Waiting til May as in May 2016 they said they would have a new stadium in 3 years. No plans, architect drawings or planning permission.  Might be a bit of a tight deadline that.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to this being Steve0'ed:

Liverpool set to break world record for profits after Coutinho
Date published: Tuesday 22nd January 2019 10:23

Liverpool’s pre-tax profits reportedly look set to break the €100million (£88.2million) barrier, which would be a world record for a football club.

The Reds are currently at the summit of the Premier League and four points ahead of closest title rivals Manchester City.

A number of new signings last summer, including goalkeeper Alisson, have seen them lose just once in nineteen matches this campaign.

And the good news doesn’t stop there for Liverpool fans with Inside World Football forecasting that the club will make a record-breaking pre-tax profit.

Their run to the Champions League final last May is understood to have earned them €81.3million (£71.7million) with their reported £145million fee for Philippe Coutinho also significantly boosted the coffers.

With no Champions League football in the previous year, the club’s accounts for the 2017-18 season should see huge growth due to their run to Kiev.

Leicester City’s 2016-17 season accounts hold the current pre-tax profits record thanks to the club’s run to the Champions League quarter-finals.

45 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Gave in and signed up to GOT as I thought Steve0 would be all over that ‘biggest profit ever’ story. But nothing from him, the fucking slacker.

C'mon mate he'll be doing his diligence before posting his well informed reporting of why this is pure spin by a club in deep peril of going under.

What, you didn't think he just makes this stuff up off the cuff did you?

• Upvote 1