You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Keith Harris said at last nights AGM "We expect there will be an instruction for safe standing. It could increase capacity by 10,000."

He actually said about capacity "We wish it could fly right up to the sky but it can't"

There they go again, hopes and dreams. If the city got the commonwealth games, now if safe standing. Obviously they're apoplectic at the thought they might have a stadium with a lower capacity than us, so this might shut them up. The truth is those that run this shit show know they haven't got the support for a higher capacity, they haven't got the support for the capacity now really.  Well until the bitters realise if state standing is ever approved then most clubs would get the same benefit too, including us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kieve Kev said:

Keith Harris said at last nights AGM "We expect there will be an instruction for safe standing. It could increase capacity by 10,000."

He actually said about capacity "We wish it could fly right up to the sky but it can't"

There they go again, hopes and dreams. If the city got the commonwealth games, now if safe standing. Obviously they're apoplectic at the thought they might have a stadium with a lower capacity than us, so this might shut them up. The truth is those that run this shit show know they haven't got the support for a higher capacity, they haven't got the support for the capacity now really.  Well until the bitters realise if state standing is ever approved then most clubs would get the same benefit too, including us. 

He consulted the Green Guide.

1 hour ago, Kieve Kev said:

Hang on, so when they were talking about a 52,000 capacity and potentially expanding to 62,000 they were talking about if safe standing is implemented, not actually adding more seats? 

Hahaha

DaveK versus the world on their AGM thread at the moment....

davek

davek

Player Valuation: £70m
I know where you are coming from. But goals, methods and timelines set are objective and seem tempered by reason that is a change from our recent past for me, or at least to evoke a bit of trust. while transparency in roles reassures around accountability. Like i say the proof will be in results, but in spirit i was happy in changes that have happened in 12 months in the board and corporate governance particularly and a bit of realism and less spin from the owner toward a self sustainable development model of building the club, you know i like that approach like an Arsenal or Spurs.

Poor old Bill was working hard to be relevant wasn't he.
Destination Kirkby was about as real and objective as it got for Everton. It was much more progressed and likely to happen than BMD. 

BMD is still at the drawing board stage. And I see only novelty and amateurish appointments to "the team," running the club. 

I dont know why Moshiri is being given leeway here. He's been at Everton for three years in the coming spring and we are a basket case. But if people want to keep accepting stories of milk and honey....

20 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Every time they talk of hitting 60,000 capacity I think of Macaulay Culkin's pretend party in Home Alone. As the camera pans across the Moshiridome, it picks up 20,000 Michael Jordan cardboard statues and mannequins taped to oscillating fans.

Steve Martin Lonely Guy.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Stickman said:
I guess Orville was unavailable for comment 

EFC deputy chairman Keith Harris on new stadium: “We hope to put a spade in the ground early next year. It will be a fortress clubs shudder to visit.”

The only thing that spade will be digging is the grave for their hopes and dreams when they realise Moshiri is a fraud and the only club shuddering to visit there will be Everton.

There's no way that stadium is financially viable and that's why it's all still talk nearly 3 years on. It's going to be great viewing when all this dawns on them.

I've just seen a conversation on twitter that ended with one lad calling Marco Silva the Gerard Deulofeu of managers and I can't stop laughing because it's so perfect.

"He looks and talks like a young manager who's going places. Players say he's great. Nice playing style. Some game his approach/tactics wow you. But then you look at the hard facts of his results."

H/T Jonathan Northcroft

4 hours ago, Kieve Kev said:

When asked about Bramley Moore, he said: "I hate that dock"

• Upvote 14

Total support. Tick tock.....

"These are early days and Koeman has my total support. We have great fans and they deserve better. We know the honest and objective expectations of our supporters and will not let them down.”

"We did our homework and we put a big bet on Marco and we stick with him. He has our total support and we have a professional in Marcel Brands who monitors the progress. Consistency has been an issue but we have had some terrific performances and the challenge in the second half is to have more of those performances."

Anyone for a Steve0 nightcap?

Steve0

Player Valuation: £40m
Its WE David, WE are all in this together, its not him and us, its US and WE.

Its about how WE go forward now or you spend the next few years talking about the last few years, something that constantly holds this club back, STOP LOOKING BACKWARDS.
I hope when we win the champions league that the Mosh trolls hard.

"I always knew I'd win it one day. I've struggled hard but my incredible work ethic and genius has finally paid off. This is my proudest moment etc"