You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You're not familiar with the massive "Bucharest 1986" banner we had on the Kop? 

I think it's all fair game now, after years of having "meeeeeerderers" screamed at blokes who weren't even at Heysel or weren't even born when it happened. 

If they can use it to point score, we can use something losely linked to it to bite back. 

Nah. Don't like that point scoring approach.

"All you need is Rush!"

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You're not familiar with the massive "Bucharest 1986" banner we had on the Kop? 

I think it's all fair game now, after years of having "meeeeeerderers" screamed at blokes who weren't even at Heysel or weren't even born when it happened. 

If they can use it to point score, we can use something losely linked to it to bite back. 

No, I was completely unaware of that. Personally I think it's crap. No need for that. Tit for tat point scoring or whatever, but the underlying  thing is there was a football match where 39 people died. This is basically glorifying it. Makes us as bad as them as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

No, I was completely unaware of that. Personally I think it's crap. No need for that. Tit for tat point scoring or whatever, but the underlying  thing is there was a football match where 39 people died. This is basically glorifying it. Makes us as bad as them as far as I'm concerned. 

Agreed. Utd still have shite sung about Munich by bellends 2 generations removed from the event. It will continue as long as people get a rise from it . The Irish still get wound up by the Battle of the fucking Boyne !  All bollocks and best ignored imo 

45 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They wouldn't have won it anyway. 

Don't let a bloo hear you say that! You'll be furiously regaled about how the school of science were about to rule Europe for decades to come. Only Der red shite stopped them from DEFINITELY winning it that year,the year when they couldn't even win their own league!

1 hour ago, niallers said:

Don't let a bloo hear you say that! You'll be furiously regaled about how the school of science were about to rule Europe for decades to come. Only Der red shite stopped them from DEFINITELY winning it that year,the year when they couldn't even win their own league!

The first club on Merseyside to use the "it (was) our year" shout. Put that on your fucking list! 

It's just Evertonian logic. Juventus got knocked out and Barcelona were shit and couldn't beat a shit Romanian team. Therefore Everton would have won because they won the cup winners cup the year before. 

They beat Bayern Munich who are a big club but they played University College Dublin, Inter Bratislava, Fortuna Sittard and Rapid Vienna. Hardly massive teams that meant they would batter everyone in the European Cup the year after.

2 hours ago, kemskem said:

'39 Italians can't be wrong'. I sometimes wonder if supporting Everton would be quite the same if they didn't have Heysel.

hqdefault.jpg

Jacques François, and Patrick Radcliffe. 

Yeah deffo Italian them aren't they. 

Not that I was expecting anything resembling intelligence from that mob. 

2 hours ago, kemskem said:

'39 Italians can't be wrong'. I sometimes wonder if supporting Everton would be quite the same if they didn't have Heysel.

hqdefault.jpg

What can we put on a banner they thought, the assembled fans sat there with blank faces. Many too young to remember the real legends of the club, most too young to remember ever winning a trophy. Nobody presently at the club was tearing it up, and whenever someone did the club just sold them, hence the burning of the Arteta Banner weeks earlier. 

There must be something, maybe their European heritage. Hmm "1986, five stabbed in a riot between 150 followers of Everton, Manchester United and West Ham on a cross-channel ferry, which is wrecked and forced to return to England." nah, it doesn't have a ring to it. 

How about we use the deaths of 39 people to wind up the people in our city, you know the ones that lost 96 fans themselves to a tragedy. We can also heap the blame for poor decisions from our club for decades on the rs and thus we win. Winning without winning, now where is that banner about Kenny Dalglish? 

• Downvote 1

You can take the lad out of Everton....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46777318

Wayne Rooney's arrest for public intoxication due to mixing sleeping pills and alchohol

_105081755_wayne_rooney_pa.jpg

Wayne Rooney's arrest for public intoxication was a result of feeling "disorientated" after taking sleeping tablets on a flight while drinking, says his spokesman.

The former England and Manchester United captain was arrested on 16 December at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after returning from a one-day trip to Saudi Arabia.

Rooney, 33, was charged and paid a $25 fine and $91 costs on 4 January, according to court documents from Loudoun General District Court.

In a statement, his spokesman said: "During the flight Wayne took a prescribed amount of sleeping tablets mixed with some alcohol consumption and consequently was disorientated on arrival.

"He was approached by police who arrested him on a minor misdemeanour charge.

"He received a statutory automatic fine and was released shortly afterwards at the airport. The matter is now at an end.

"Wayne would like to put on record his appreciation for the manner he was treated by all involved."

Rooney, who now plays for Major League Soccer's DC United, was a charged with a 'Class 4' misdemeanour, which carries a maximum fine of $250.

Rooney was banned from driving for two yearsin September 2017 after admitting drink-driving in Cheshire.

The forward moved to the US in June 2018 after signing a three-and-a-half-year contract with DC United.

Rooney led the club to the play-offs in his first season before they suffered a first-round loss, with the former Everton player missing a penalty in a shootout against Columbus Crew.

A statement from DC United said: "We are aware of news reports indicating that Wayne Rooney was arrested in December. 

"We understand the media's interest in this matter but we believe this is a private matter for Wayne that DC United will handle internally. We have no further comment on this situation."

11 hours ago, kemskem said:

hqdefault.jpg

I mean how fucking stupid can you actually be?!!!

They have a flag with 39 Italians on the top and then a list of the people who died underneath. Y'know, did they not think for one minute reading those names that some of the victims weren't even Italian?

Alfons Bos

Willy Chielens

Dirk Daeninckx

Jacques François

Patrick Radcliffe

Claude Robert

Jean Michel Walla

Yeah, some real Italian sounding names there like. If it wasn't so tragic I'd laugh.

Their use of Heysel and Hillsborough to a lesser extent is disgusting, as is similar from the Mancs and Munich stuff from us.

Get the ‘ They weren’t all Italians ‘ fact, understand what really happenened at Heysel and not the blue or Manc version.

But where they came from, does it really matter? Other than point scoring and pedantry. Comes off very petty and Evertonian. In my opinion.

What Munich stuff from us?!

I go the match regularly and I haven't seen any Munich stuff from us for years. In fact the 80's was the last I heard it sung en masse at Anfield (and Goodison come to that). You just don't see or hear any reference to it anymore. I have only ever seen clips of an isolated pocket of knobheads who refer to it. In the terraces/seats it would be shouted down. 

In summary we should stop referencing Munich as stuff we do...or am I missing something?

• Upvote 4