You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yes but a couple of council members want Everton to contribute to the cost.

Getting any money from Mersey travel or Peel is almost impossible. Mersey travel say it will take 20 years to fund  a rebuild of St James station in the Baltic area even though it used to be a station years ago. The new stadium needs an entirely new station between Moorfields and Sandhills and there are houses on one side of the tracks.

Also Peel have done fuck all to develop Liverpool Waters since 2005 apart from releasing a couple of renders of new buildings every 3 years.

Cheers for the info. I had thought it was simply part of the supposed redevelopment as a whole.

novel111-600x338.jpg

“Hi Mr Moshiri. How you uh, how you comin' on with that stadium you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big shovel in the ground? Gotta, gotta nice little stand you're working on there? Your big stadium you've been working on for three years? Huh? Gotta, gotta completed design? Yeah? Gotta little loan obstacle to overcome? Huh? Little dock draining brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that three years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little seating plan? Goalposts, centre circle, and eighteen yard box? Some council friends become enemies, some press enemies become friends? At the end your main bank account is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

My six year-old great-nephew fell flat on his face today.  Thankfully, he's not seriously injured, but it was enough for his mum (my niece) to take him to Alder Hey.

I first learned of this when I saw my niece's Facebook status, posted from Alder Hey

"Sam's just booed the Everton team, so he can't be too hurt"

God, I'm proud of that lad!

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

novel111-600x338.jpg

“Hi Mr Moshiri. How you uh, how you comin' on with that stadium you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big shovel in the ground? Gotta, gotta nice little stand you're working on there? Your big stadium you've been working on for three years? Huh? Gotta, gotta completed design? Yeah? Gotta little loan obstacle to overcome? Huh? Little dock draining brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that three years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little seating plan? Goalposts, centre circle, and eighteen yard box? Some council friends become enemies, some press enemies become friends? At the end your main bank account is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.”

Magnificent. 

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

My six year-old great-nephew fell flat on his face today.  Thankfully, he's not seriously injured, but it was enough for his mum (my niece) to take him to Alder Hey.

I first learned of this when I saw my niece's Facebook status, posted from Alder Hey

"Sam's just booed the Everton team, so he can't be too hurt"

God, I'm proud of that lad!

I was genuinely going to just quote the ‘my great-nephew’ thing and make a ‘no need to brag’ joke, but fuck it; he is great. 

• Upvote 1

Mosh had the temerity to buy the liver Birds, the RS emblem ffs, He then had the balls to light them up Blue. Getting Zidane in as Manager would be a breeze. Zidane as Manager, an iconic new stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey, the focal point onone of the most famous waterfronts in the World. We should all be concerned about this. 

23 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Mosh had the temerity to buy the liver Birds, the RS emblem ffs, He then had the balls to light them up Blue. Getting Zidane in as Manager would be a breeze. Zidane as Manager, an iconic new stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey, the focal point onone of the most famous waterfronts in the World. We should all be concerned about this. 

They’ve also got Brazil’s number 9 tearing up the league. 

Be afraid. Be very afraid. 

On 12/18/2018 at 7:22 PM, Thoth said:

These figures fuck me......

The shareholder loan, which reached £150m in 2018, is accounted for as equity. Bluesky Capital Limited continued to support the Club post-year end with an additional shareholder loan of £100m received.

The more I hear from these accounts, the more it screams H&G. 11m on the idea of a drawing for a stadium and now loans coming from an outside holding company that has chimes of the kop holdings H&G used to pump loans into LFC while spending unfathomable millions in the entity of LFC

16 hours ago, razor said:

You could just about substitute out the word "Everton" with "Charlton" or "Walsall" and it would basically add up to the same misguided ravings.  In summary, "We wish we were bigger and better than we actually are and I bet everything will be ok if we get a new ground."

And as every season passes, gate receipts become a smaller and smaller part of overall income of premier league teams. The money is in the hospitality anyway on the gate and how many people are going to be spunking 10k per year per seat for a table at BMD? The sad fact is regular priced tickets don't pay for themselves if you're building new seats. It's like our ground. I don't care if the club can make a profit quickly enough on the Annie road. If it can pay for itself and more regular reds get to see the team, that's the main thing. The thing is everton are talking about a new stadium being transformational and I just don't see that. In fact maybe only arsenal could claim it has been for them, and they were a team challenging for titles before they moved, they may have gone forward off the pitch, but it hasn't helped them on it. 

34 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Yeah, but my bloo taxi driver told me Zidane has already moved into that house in Southport he bought just before fucking the red shite off. 

• Upvote 1