You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR THE CITY

TOURISM

Once complete, the stadium will attract more than 1.5million extra visitors to the city.

It will also provide an additional £94million gross value added (GVA) to the local economy through retail, tourism and hotel occupancy.

Operating throughout the year, the stadium could host a variety of non-football events which can offer even further benefits to the city.

Got to be a hoax - Koppite behaviour, that.

I logged on to the consultation with the intention of taking the piss, but then I remembered that I live here, so I treated it the way I would any proposal for a monstrosities fuckwitted white elephant vanity project. I told them I thought it was shite and I hope it never gets built.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I couldn't believe that shite pull out in Thursday's 'Red' Echo. Imagine if that had been about us building a new stadium at the docks, the fume would have been palpable!

Looks like Rotherham has been got at because he's backing it, apparently anyway! I'm assuming chippy tits has dirt on him!

Why wouldn't Rotherham back it? He's not funding it and it won't get built anyway. 

On 11/16/2018 at 7:41 PM, Creator Supreme said:

It'll look embarassing for him as metro mayor if he's backing it and it goes tits up.

Why? Metro mayor has very limited scope and will continue to be limited while we keep a city mayor. It's not his job to fund the stadium or any of the projects that spin off from it, that all sits with Liverpool City Council and that Blue bellend of a city mayor. If Rotherham  doesn't back it, he just looks like a petty red. Anyone around any government position should be encouraging mutili-hundred million pound projects when private enterprise say they're capable of delivering. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

If the city isn't funding the deal and the mosh is finding the money himself, I have no issue with Everton building their stadium on the waterfront, providing it in no way undermines our WHS status. The city needs to think big and anything that can help drive investment in the city, is good by me. 

No funding or loans from the government should be involved. Everton are only interested in the public and jobs to try and get the thing built for their own benefit obviously. They have tried for years to get one built by someone else, no way they should be helped. They’re such a big club sell yourself to sponsorship and advertising to fund it? But that puts no money in the boards pockets.

Rent-seeking pricks. Keynes once seriously suggested that it would be a good idea to bury bottles of money:

If the Treasury were to fill old bottles with banknotes, bury them at suitable depths in disused coalmines which are then filled up to the surface with town rubbish, and leave it to private enterprise on well-tried principles of laissez-faire to dig the notes up again… the note-bearing territory), there need be no more unemployment and, with the help of the repercussions, the real income of the community, and its capital wealth also, would probably become a good deal greater than it actually is. It would, indeed, be more sensible to build houses and the like; but if there are political and practical difficulties in the way of this, the above would be better than nothing.

This stadium falls into the 'better than nothing' category.

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

If the city isn't funding the deal and the mosh is finding the money himself, I have no issue with Everton building their stadium on the waterfront, providing it in no way undermines our WHS status. The city needs to think big and anything that can help drive investment in the city, is good by me. 

Traffic would grind the City Centre to a standstill, unless Short-arms-deep-pockets Moshiri funds some massive infrastructure improvements too.

• Upvote 1