You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Er that Brazilian international hasn't played a game for them in what 4 years.

The French international left back was left out the squad so a half fit Mendy could go

I do think Zouma could be a good one. Career suffered joining Chelsea

I think Everton have done pretty well in the window. As good as could be expected by a club outside the top 6 anyway.

Their problem may be they don't seem to have got rid of hardly anybody so they have a large , unwieldy squad which causes its own problems.

Pat Nevin saying Mina is a massive addition beause they've had the same centre backs for ages.  They signed Williams two years ago and Keane last summer...

They've done what was needed, how well they've done it remains to be seen.  Not sure why any of the top 7 should worry though.  Maybe Burnley with the European games.

I think Everton have done pretty well in the window. As good as could be expected by a club outside the top 6 anyway.

Their problem may be they don't seem to have got rid of hardly anybody so they have a large , unwieldy squad which causes its own problems.

They might help by taking points off our rivals instead of rolling over and getting their tummies tickled as is usual.

And it's always better when the Blues are getting ahead of themselves - the bigger the optimism the harder the fall.

Good point that. 

They might help by taking points off our rivals instead of rolling over and getting their tummies tickled as is usual.

And it's always better when the Blues are getting ahead of themselves - the bigger the optimism the harder the fall.

Wolves will finish ahead of them. Fulham might as well.

Their business isn't as bad as last summer but it's still so, so mediocre. Gomes is poor, and yet he might still be their best midfielder. Richarlison is pretty good, but they've paid about double what he's worth. Mina might be great one day, but this past season he was shocking and if he ever does improve Barca will just use their buyback. Bernard is just meh.

Overall they've improved, but they've spent hugely over the odds to do so. They'll finish 9th-ish.

To be fair, that´s a pretty decent end to the transfer window for the Blues. Mina will suit English football although he may well take time to adapt. Silva must be planning on a back 3 I guess

As opposed to the usual 14 at the back when they come to Anfield? 

I think they've done alright.

Richarlison is expensive and could go either way. Bernard could be the same.

I don't know enough about Gomes. And I've always thought Zouma was decent.

But, I don't get why they're bullish about getting signings across the line on transfer deadline day and (again) going on about "heads falling off."

I'm chuffed with our business and even happier that they were all boxed off early doors and have had sufficient time to get used to Klopp's ways before the season kicks off.

Fair fucks to them for getting those deals over the line.

I actually wish we’d signed Richarlison and Bernard. Can you imagine what our attack would look like then?

Salah/Firmino/Mane

Quality post.

I actually think they've not had a bad window if the intention is to be competitive for 7th-9th. They didn't have a choice looking at the spending of Wolves (backed by serious funds) and Fulham, even Leicester look to have improved.

They've still got to integrate four players with no pre-season and the whole team has to adapt to a new managers tactics given that they've not played a competitive game for Silva yet.