You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Apparently Everton played in the Algarve cup and lost both games but they won a trophy for winning the most corners.

First team to win a trophy based on number of corners. Another Everton first.

Algarve Satis Nisi Corner Flag.

Apparently Everton played in the Algarve cup and lost both games but they won a trophy for winning the most corners.

First team to win a trophy based on number of corners. Another Everton first.

Their corners trophy is worth £10m alone.

They are comedy gold over on GOT

"For a team supposedly a million miles away from us their fears about avrevived Everton border on almost paranoia. They’ve happily sat back and watched United City Chelsea Arsenal all move ahead of them yet when we’ve even had a half decent team they completely lose it looking to discredit us in any way possible.

If for whatever reason we managed to win the next trophy between the two clubs the residents of murder inc. would be besides themselves and pitchforks would be our for players, Klopp and owners."

"Correct. They have a visceral hatred for Evreton. Forget the cod out of towner obsessed rivalry with United (that's largely a media construct that they seize on because it makes them look important to be associated with United - a real powerhouse club).

Everton are hated because they know deep down they're DNA screams 'inferior'. They know as an organisation and at a subconcious level that they struggled for the best part of their history to surpass Everton and to throw off our domination. Two-thirds of their period in existence they have been second best. They know it and it leaves an indelible mark. They can talk all they want about 18/5. That collective memory wont be erased."

• Upvote 1

"For a team supposedly a million miles away from us their fears about avrevived Everton border on almost paranoia. They’ve happily sat back and watched United City Chelsea Arsenal all move ahead of them yet when we’ve even had a half decent team they completely lose it looking to discredit us in any way possible.

If for whatever reason we managed to win the next trophy between the two clubs the residents of murder inc. would be besides themselves and pitchforks would be our for players, Klopp and owners."

"Correct. They have a visceral hatred for Evreton. Forget the cod out of towner obsessed rivalry with United (that's largely a media construct that they seize on because it makes them look important to be associated with United - a real powerhouse club).

Everton are hated because they know deep down they're DNA screams 'inferior'. They know as an organisation and at a subconcious level that they struggled for the best part of their history to surpass Everton and to throw off our domination. Two-thirds of their period in existence they have been second best. They know it and it leaves an indelible mark. They can talk all they want about 18/5. That collective memory wont be erased."

Hahaha, bizarre. I don't recognise even a tiny bit of that yet there's too much thought gone into it for the writer not to actually believe it.

I can only imagine it's their own feelings being projected onto us.

• Upvote 1

Delusional clowns. Never has such a shit team had such entitled supporters who have an exaggerated sense of their clubs greatness. We might not have won the title for a while but we've had some highlights since. What have Everton done since the 80s? One FA Cup is it? One or two laughable campaigns in the Champions League? Absolute shite club, always have been and always will be in our shadow. 

I was looking at their LFC thread yesterday and there was one bloke on there who was talking sense about the way they're getting on about us/Klopp, etc. He seemed uncharacteristically reasonable, but he dropped in a line that really made me laugh. He said something like: "Klopp's a really good coach, he's certainly better than any we've had since Royle". Even when one of them's being reasonable, there's always something... 

They are completely thick. They don't deal in any facts whatsoever and just create myths a lies over everything. The titles won before Shankly took over is a classic. The way they are making out you would think they were Barcelona and we were Espanyol.

They constantly tell everyone that their 1985 team was the best team ever but they were cruelly robbed of winning the European Cup which is all our fault. But then their team falling to bits after it was also down to us. Even though a few of them went to Rangers.

They always lie about us getting 260 million to build our new stand whenever anyone moans about the council funding their stadium. Even though the 260m is the money being spent on the areas housing and roads and none of it has paid for the new stand. I've heard loads lie about us building a fan park behind the Anfield Road end but it being built illegally in the park. Even though Liverpool bought all the houses and demolished them.

The fans, not so much the club. But not sure I hate anyone really so that's probably too strong a term. I do think loads of them are just bad nob heads though and I would be fucking delighted if they got relegated and then went our of existence.

• Upvote 3

I’m honestly just bemused by it all. I just don’t really see what they do. I’m happy to see them beat United or any of our competitive rivals. That would obviously change if they were in and around us again. They are irrelevant at the moment though.

Even when you come across the really hate filled blues I just feel pity for them. They’re absolutely shite and that isn’t going to change any time soon. If somehow they became successful and got a to a European final I couldn’t see myself buying a shirt of the team they’re playing against and then singing and dancing if they got beat.