You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Those are really not impressive stats.  5 goals and 4 assists?  One in five shots on target?  Mediocre passing accuracy.  Poor dribbling percentages.  I suppose 47 successful tackles isn't bad - but is that what they're signing him for?

They're paying £10m - £20m more than we paid for Bobby Firmino.

This lad is no Bobby Firmino.

I am. And there are. It absolutely doesn’t get near to bothering me though, partly because I don’t really know many evertonians and don’t live in the city, so I can just ignore it.

As soon as the season starts I’ll go back to lurking, but for now, it’s actually slightly more interesting on their Liverpool thread than on here!

I’ve followed that thread from its previous incarnations and none of the vilest bitters in that thread live in this city either. Quite a lot of them have never attended a match

I actually think Richarlison is a pretty good player.

I would have been happy if we'd bought him for 25m. But not 50m. For 50m, even with the current inflation, you should be talking about getting Sadio Mane from Southampton, someone on that level.

Still and all, it's better to overpay by 25m for a good player who fits into your team rather than overpay by 25m for an OK player who doesn't make your team any better like Sigurdsson. So, progress?

I try not to laugh at Everton signings too much, it's only going to jinx it and they'll end up being a cracking player.

Just spend a few minutes on GOT and see their opinions on players like Salah and Van Dijk etc before we signed them.

No way I'm becoming the red version of Steve-O.

Apparently Klopp is trying to buy the league and is a hypocritical Nazi because he said that he wanted to do things differently.

Bit like when Everton used to Slag us off for spending money and said they, as a club want to do things differently. Then as soon as Moshiri turns up they go on about how rich they are and they are going to blow everyone away because they are richer than Man City.

As we've found in the past, the real unfairness of the footballing hierarchy is that the lower you are down the pecking order the more you have to pay for the same talent. Also seems like they're having to add on a "sorry we tapped him up" fee, like us and VVD.  

Money aside, I reckon it's a decent deal for both Richarlison and Everton. The player will be going to a club that at least has a chance of becoming a regular Europa league side, and he'll be afforded game time whether he's in form or not by a manager who has faith in him.

Everton, meanwhile, get a decent - if raw and inconsistent - talent that might have been looking to spend another year or so with Watford and then aiming higher up the footballing ladder; I don't know why but I always thought he'd go to Spurs.

Steve0 is excited.

Ok im fully up to speed having watched a couple of youtube vids.

He's very special and could be the signing of the summer. £40m for this guy? Or nearly £55m for Keita? Not even a close decision tbh.

Two feet, pace, goals, flair, technique....bargain!!!

There are some kopites on here but there's a disturbing amount of babyishness from Blues on here.

Dont' spend anything....omg Moshiri is a fraud....everloan wah wah wah....three weeks to goooooo!!!!

Spend on a HUGELY talented player and everyone whimpers about it being too much.

Kinell, it's pathetic

He prefers the Brazilian than either of Kluivert, Lozano and Malcom...............

Well Lozano is from PSV, f anyone would know about him its Brands and secondly, I wouldn't mind serving that league forever. HE had a quite good game against a quite bad German side....not sure I'd risk paying much for him tbh.

Malcom....meh who knows, nobody on here anyway.

Kluivert, again from the Dutch league, didn't exactly smash it either.

Could turn out better the Sane..............

I just looked up how many players have EVER transferred for over £50m. The answer is 30. Granted the market is changing, but some of the names on there for very recent moves under £50m: Fred, Alex Teixeira, Bernardo Silva, Leroy Sane. Is Richarlison in that class?

Honestly, I think he could better than all of them. And yes, the market has altered so much even in just the last year that such comparisons are daft and serve no purpose.

Rumours out now that they are selling Lookman to Red Bull for £15 million.

£15 million! For a player who averaged a goal or assist every 70 minutes in the Bundesliga at age 20.

Edwards must be cursing the fact that we can't buy anyone from them. We'd absolutely gazump that deal in a second if we could. Terrible, terrible decision. I predict Leipzig will sell him within 3 years for at least £40m. Possibly considerably more.

Rumours out now that they are selling Lookman to Red Bull for £15 million.

£15 million! For a player who averaged a goal or assist every 70 minutes in the Bundesliga at age 20.

Edwards must be cursing the fact that we can't buy anyone from them. We'd absolutely gazump that deal in a second if we could. Terrible, terrible decision. I predict Leipzig will sell him within 3 years for at least £40m. Possibly considerably more.

Big Sam's parting gift to us all was pissing Lookman off and sending him on loan. No idea how a team that average couldn't find enough minutes to bring on a young talent like him. I'd love us to stick in a bid.

• Upvote 1

Steve0 is excited.

Ok im fully up to speed having watched a couple of youtube vids.

He's very special and could be the signing of the summer. £40m for this guy? Or nearly £55m for Keita? Not even a close decision tbh.

Two feet, pace, goals, flair, technique....bargain!!!

1031910_1.jpg

Big Sam's parting gift to us all was pissing Lookman off and sending him on loan. No idea how a team that average couldn't find enough minutes to bring on a young talent like him. I'd love us to stick in a bid.

It would be hilarious. If Leipzig's bid is £15m, then don't call, don't say a word to them, just send them a bid of £20m and see what happens.

The problem with that would be that they would never sell to us, but us bidding might just tip them off that he's really boss and they would keep him. Better that they sell to Leipzig than that they rethink the Richarlison deal and realise they already have a better 20-year old on their books.

Lookman is a very bright talent, if they sell him to Leipzig for 15 mil. I'll pretty much be laughing the rest of the season whenever Everton is mentioned. I pretty much do that anyway, but that will be an extra bonus laugh.

• Upvote 1

It would be hilarious. If Leipzig's bid is £15m, then don't call, don't say a word to them, just send them a bid of £20m and see what happens.

The problem with that would be that they would never sell to us, but us bidding might just tip them off that he's really boss and they would keep him. Better that they sell to Leipzig than that they rethink the Richarlison deal and realise they already have a better 20-year old on their books.

Yeah, they'd never sell to us. It's a pity he isn't down to his last couple of years, can you imagine if we turned his head and they either had to sell to us or risk him signing a pre-contract in a year's time?

• Upvote 1

Apparently Klopp is trying to buy the league and is a hypocritical Nazi because he said that he wanted to do things differently.

Seen this everywhere, people calling Klopp a hypocrite as if he shouldn't use the 100+ pound windfall he got from the Coutinho sale to buy players because it might slightly contradict something he said years ago. Very realistic for managers not to spend available money from player sales.