You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Read on Twitter they now have an Istanbul protocol, no gloating messages to redshite until the final whistle

Danish TV3 Sport;

https://www.tv3sport.dk/sport/fodbold/nyheder/pernille-harder-og-wolfsburg-spiller-cl-finale-se-det-hele-fra-kl-17-00-pa-tv-3-og-viaplay

(Google Translate)

Liverpool's fans never forget 25 May 2005 when Liverpool beat AC Milan in penalty shootout in the Champions League final in Istanbul.

For many Everton fans, on the other hand, it's like a black, black football night.

Seeing the local rivals turning 0-3 to total victory in this year's biggest match will not shake you right away.

And something could indicate that not everyone has done it yet here 13 years later.

Now, Everton fans share their experiences from the Black May evening in 2005 in a thread that serves as community therapy for the blue - and as entertainment for the Red in Liverpool.

-A good advice to young Everton fans out there. Whatever happens on Saturday, do not send any text messages, whatsapp messages, and do not make any calls before 22.30 (English time, ed.), Writes Ell United Kingdom in the introductory message that launches the runners.

"It taught some of us in the worst possible way 13 years ago. Do not make the mistake, he writes.

In several of the answers, other Everton fans mention the so-called 'Istanbul protocol' as a kind of guideline about not believing it's over before it's completely over.

And so, several other twitter users share their very painful experiences from 2005, where Liverpool delivered the incredible comeback.

"My dad (Liverpool fan) still has a little black Nokia from Istanbulbecause of the sms I sent to him in the first half. I do not even mention the fight on Sunday, writes Stephen Barrow.

-I sent a sms to all my red friends during the break in 2005, where only 'oh dear' stood. I had to turn off my phone for several days afterwards, Mark McKenna writes.

You can see the comments by clicking the tweet above.

And you can see how Saturday and Sunday and all the following days will be for Everton fans when Liverpool meets Real Madrid in the Champions League finals on Saturday night on TV3 + and Viaplay.

This may be more appropriate;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_Protocol

The Manual on Effective Investigation and Documentation of Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, commonly known as the Istanbul Protocol, is the first set of international guidelines for documentation of torture and its consequences. It became an official United Nations document in 1999.

• Upvote 1

Anyone going the Echo Arena on Saturday need to watch out for this dangerous man. Please share. We need to be aware...........

Been asked if I can steward the Echo Arena Saturday night (they are showing the game in there for the whoppers who are not tellyclapping at home). Two possible outcomes :

(to be read in the drawling Sunderland accent of the fella off 'Big Brother ')

1. They win and I'm subjected to hordes of out of town knobheads crowing about it and slagging Everton. I Windmill raar into them, spark a few and end up getting arrested.

2.They lose and I'm subjected to hordes of out of town knobheads bitching about it and slagging Everton. I Windmill raar into them, spark a few and end up getting arrested.

Who goes?

Anyone going the Echo Arena on Saturday need to watch out for this dangerous man. Please share. We need to be aware...........

Been asked if I can steward the Echo Arena Saturday night (they are showing the game in there for the whoppers who are not tellyclapping at home). Two possible outcomes :

(to be read in the drawling Sunderland accent of the fella off 'Big Brother ')

1. They win and I'm subjected to hordes of out of town knobheads crowing about it and slagging Everton. I Windmill raar into them, spark a few and end up getting arrested.

2.They lose and I'm subjected to hordes of out of town knobheads bitching about it and slagging Everton. I Windmill raar into them, spark a few and end up getting arrested.

Who goes?

Slagging Everton? They are an irrelevance. No red will be interested in them either way. They have no bearing on anything. Fuck me delusions of grandeur, heightened sense of self worth or what.

They are nothing, no one cares. Trying their best to get in when no o e is interested.

Mentally fucking I'll stalkers the lot of them. They are the the Rupert Pupkin of football fans.

Cunts.

• Upvote 3

Slagging Everton? They are an irrelevance. No red will be interested in them either way. They have no bearing on anything. Fuck me delusions of grandeur, heightened sense of self worth or what.

They are nothing, no one cares. Trying their best to get in when no o e is interested.

Mentally fucking I'll stalkers the lot of them. They are the the Rupert Pupkin of football fans.

Cunts.

They believe their obsession with us is replicated, it just confirms their delusion.