You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Don't think they'll go down either.

They're shite. But the teams below them are even worse. I reckon 37 or 38 points will be enough this season. Which, if accurate, means that they need 3 or 4 points more.

I think they'll be dragged into it as their away form is abysmal. Plus, their home games include us and City. Their home games against Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton could be key.

I reckon they'll finish on about 45 points.

• Upvote 1

Either way. It's just another year of stagnation for them. They aren't attracting any top level players and will have to pay over the top for anyone half decent. We are an attractive proposition for potential signings, we just need to kick on slightly and stop drawing stupid games. They are shite and there hasn't been any stadium news for a while. Expect some if they lose a few more or in the run up to the Derby.

If you can't laugh at your local rivals when they are shite who can you laugh at

In fact I would argue laughing at your local rivals is natural and acceptable - what is less natural and acceptable IMO is the laughing at the likes of Arsenal who are more successful than us recently anyway and obviously not our local rivals and Spurs who are about the same as us recently and again obviously not local rivals.

I suppose some of it is also down to where you are based/from.

If you are from the city then it is a part of your day to day life the rivalry...going school, work, the pub etc with the local bragging rights was what it used to be/is what it is all about.....who actually gives a toss about Arsenal etc - you don't have to face work, the pub etc and have them gloating.

If you are from elsewhere or live elsewhere maybe the rivalry with Everton is either not naturally there/has been replaced with rivalry with others.

Of course though ideally we get back on our fucking perch and laugh at the bitters and everybody else from it!

I understand we are not winning trophies and we have played some great stuff over a few seasons.

However, Everton are there to be laughed at especially this season given their pre-season bravado and vitriol, they never learn. A season they said would offer so much was over by January and all that they can expect is dodging relegation. And us getting knocked out of the CL.

I haven't said anywhere they are not there to be laughed at - in fact I have made the point several times they are. Of course they are. But I'm just not having all this we're "illustrious neighbours" nonsense though. We're just not, we used to be, but that day has well passed. Everyone should enjoy baiting everton - but lets not make ourselves feel great because they are shit. Everton's failure is not funny because of something we are achieving (although it might well be funnier if we ever achieve anything), it is funny because they're everton and so shit and they can't even see it. 

I haven't said anywhere they are not there to be laughed at - in fact I have made the point several times they are. Of course they are. But I'm just not having all this we're "illustrious neighbours" nonsense though. We're just not, we used to be, but that day has well passed. Everyone should enjoy baiting everton - but lets not make ourselves feel great because they are shit. Everton's failure is not funny because of something we are achieving (although it might well be funnier if we ever achieve anything), it is funny because they're everton and so shit and they can't even see it.

I understood your post Bar, they really are a joke though. Nice to win something again, long overdue, and I would have no interest in rubbing their noses in it. However their inferiority complex is far more prevelant than any of our grandstanding. Being better than them means nothing if we have nothing to show for it.

Let's enjoy Dr nowts post and the shambles at woodison for what it is. But never let their continued crisis fool you about our mediocrity. We've won one trophy, the smallest pot of all, since 2006. We've beaten a few sides and played some scintillating football, but we've won nothing and it's getting to the point our history is as in the past as theirs.

Can we keep this thread as a bit of light relief? We’ve got enough comments in other threads acknowledging that particular truth.

• Upvote 1

They have reached one cup final in 23 years. One.

We are so far away from them it is laughable in itself, and of course the big elephant in the room is that our managers are judged on their ability to win one trophy, the rest are trinkets. If he can't win the league he will be a failure.

I'd be more willing to accept criticism of our trophy haul in relation to Everton's lack thereof if it wasn't for the fact that Rafa won trophies but it was never enough. Klopp could have won two league cups and the criticism would have been on 'how we used to win the league'.

We are laughing at Everton. We did it in 2005, we can do it now.

And what we did in the 70s & 80s has no bearing on today, Derby, Forrest, Villa won the league when we dominated - it was a different ball game (so to speak).

And what we did in the 70s & 80s has no bearing on today, Derby, Forrest, Villa won the league when we dominated - it was a different ball game (so to speak).

I'm sure you're not meaning that as a dig to belittle the league in those days ?

Derby, Forest , Leeds and Everton to be fair as well we're all top top quality sides and don't forget Villa and Forest were both European Champions.

I'm sure you're not meaning that as a dig to belittle the league in those days ?

Derby, Forest , Leeds and Everton to be fair as well we're all top top quality sides and don't forget Villa and Forest were both European Champions.

Of course not. Genuine competition - you had to be the best across the board, players to manager in order to win. Not be the richest.
  • Upvote 1

Everton have spent a fortune this summer and are as shite as ever. You don't have to win stuff to gain the right to laugh at that type of total incompetence. 

I'm with Barry on this. Taking the piss out of them is like some massive placebo to distract attention from what's going on at the other end of the East Lancs Rd on yet another day a trophy goes to Manchester, 

Things is DS, the bluenose mind set is - the path, the the light that the sun gives, the invention of the cement for the paving flags, the grout and the gravity that holds it all down, let alone the shit and the horse - is all Liverpool Football Clubs fault. 

You, we, all,  need to get into that North Korean mind set to truly understand the blue. 

• Upvote 2

I can see where Barry is coming from but we just have one thread on them in fairness.  I think it's ok to poke a bit of fun at them considering how obsessed they are with us.  

Agreed. Can we get this thread back on track? With the impending departure of Paulie's work Bloo, there might be slim pickings ahead.