You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Yeah, but you were the kid who wouldn't leave home without his favourite Sylvanian Families toy. When you were twelve years old.

Here he is, the answer to the question no-one asked.

Sorry, I forgot about those 3 leagues and 2 champions leagues we've won in this decade. We are no standard bearer of football. We are losers. We used to set the standard the whole of Europe wanted to follow, but now our best attribute is being better than Everton.

Don't see anyone saying that mate.  This thread is about laughing at Evv.  If you want a proper discussion about where we are as a club i'm sure there's a thread about it or you could start one.  They're comedy gold at the minute so relax and enjoy it.

• Upvote 2

Here he is, the answer to the question no-one asked.

Don't see anyone saying that mate. This thread is about laughing at Evv. If you want a proper discussion about where we are as a club i'm sure there's a thread about it or you could start one. They're comedy gold at the minute so relax and enjoy it.

Go back and read niallers post. Read my reply to it again. I enjoy knocking the blues, but all this shite we're their illustrious neighbour, it's as delusional as them when put heads were falling off. Outside of our own fan base, we're a laughing stock, mostly because we think we're great, but the reality is we're not.

Go back and read niallers post. Read my reply to it again. I enjoy knocking the blues, but all this shite we're their illustrious neighbour, it's as delusional as them when put heads were falling off. Outside of our own fan base, we're a laughing stock, mostly because we think we're great, but the reality is we're not.

That's a fair point.  I don't agree entirely and I'm not interested in what other clubs fans think of us but can't argue with the fact we need to win trophies - which is the crux of the matter.  Hopefully our current boss can put that right sooner rather than later.

Still going to laugh at Evv though!

The binary world of Barry Wom! Not league champions = laughing stock, not champions league holders = laughing stock.

You are either champions or no better than Everton. No other state exists.

I remember laughing at Everton when United beat them in 85, the shame of it. I have laughed at Everton every year since because they are, in our shadow. Wasn't always the case - they laughed at us prior to 59, which is one of the reasons my grandad brought me up bitter.

The amount of shit they spouted in the summer (backed up by a few on here as well), those commentators who were convinced they would usurp us, and here we are - and there they are. And that is why we are laughing at them.

• Upvote 1

That's a fair point. I don't agree entirely and I'm not interested in what other clubs fans think of us but can't argue with the fact we need to win trophies - which is the crux of the matter. Hopefully our current boss can put that right sooner rather than later.

Still going to laugh at Evv though!

Think how fucking great it will be to laugh at them if we win the league. It would be even better if they had their best year in 30 and finished 2nd. Or were in the championship. We've got to start winning and then the joy of watching our rivals fail becomes twice as sweet for me.

I just find it really hard to have a dick swinging contest with a walnut whip.

• Upvote 1

The binary world of Barry Wom! Not league champions = laughing stock, not champions league holders = laughing stock.

You are either champions or no better than Everton. No other state exists.

I remember laughing at Everton when United beat them in 85, the shame of it. I have laughed at Everton every year since because they are, in our shadow. Wasn't always the case - they laughed at us prior to 59, which is one of the reasons my grandad brought me up bitter.

The amount of shit they spouted in the summer (backed up by a few on here as well), those commentators who were convinced they would usurp us, and here we are - and there they are. And that is why we are laughing at them.

We are a laughing stock though. Ffs, even spurs finish above most season now and they're just north London Everton.

They might have this season, but mostly not over the last 10 years. In fact except for the odd few seasons over the last 25. We're currently like keegan's Newcastle.

25 years is a long history to carry Bar - let it go.

I would say three of the last five years we are one of the most entertaining teams to watch. It may be a little slapstick at times but here we are 2nd in the league and just destroyed a CL rival in the knockouts.

Not really something Everton have ever done is it?

I'm pretty sure we won't win the Champions league (i was lucky enough to have had £50 at 25-1 in 2005), but we can win it. We may go very close.

Now apart from City, United, Spurs and Chelsea can laugh at that state of affairs? Spurs have won fuck all, City and Chelsea won the lottery and United are bland and tedious, about as exciting as a beige velour jumpsuit.

25 years is a long history to carry Bar - let it go.

I would say three of the last five years we are one of the most entertaining teams to watch. It may be a little slapstick at times but here we are 2nd in the league and just destroyed a CL rival in the knockouts.

Not really something Everton have ever done is it?

Maybe I'm old fashioned. I don't think rolling over Porto is something in the long term is anything to be proud of, it was great when it happened, but it's gone now, it's just one match. For me, it begins and ends with silverware and being fun to watch is very much secondary. The fact Everton haven't got to the knockouts of the CL doesn't mean we can claim to be their illustrious neighbours. For me we're just their slightly less shit neighbours.

My point is they're another fucking joke and we struggle to keep pace with them! We're in no position to talk aboit being someone's illustrious neighbour. To be illustrious, you need to be respected and I don't think broadly in the game we are.

They're not though! They are a team brimming with talent, a good manager and a plan - the next step is winning things, ee all know that.

Like us.

They're not though! They are a team brimming with talent, a good manager and a plan - the next step is winning things, ee all know that.

Like us.

You're missing the point. Are we better than Everton? Yes, of course. Should we be swinging our dicks when we've also won the square root of fuck all, I think not. I can laugh at Everton, without ever bigging us up. They're funny in their own right and somehow manage to ensure no matter how far we fall, they are still somehow behind us. And in all honesty, I'd take Everton being their team of the mid 80's again if it meant us getting our mojo back. Right now though we're nothing but an pretty unambitious club with a trophy cabinet to prove it, who on it's day can play some entertaining football.
  • Upvote 3

If you can't laugh at your local rivals when they are shite who can you laugh at

In fact I would argue laughing at your local rivals is natural and acceptable - what is less natural and acceptable IMO is the laughing at the likes of Arsenal who are more successful than us recently anyway and obviously not our local rivals and Spurs who are about the same as us recently and again obviously not local rivals.

I suppose some of it is also down to where you are based/from.

If you are from the city then it is a part of your day to day life the rivalry...going school, work, the pub etc with the local bragging rights was what it used to be/is what it is all about.....who actually gives a toss about Arsenal etc - you don't have to face work, the pub etc and have them gloating.

If you are from elsewhere or live elsewhere maybe the rivalry with Everton is either not naturally there/has been replaced with rivalry with others.

Of course though ideally we get back on our fucking perch and laugh at the bitters and everybody else from it!

I understand we are not winning trophies and we have played some great stuff over a few seasons.

However, Everton are there to be laughed at especially this season given their pre-season bravado and vitriol, they never learn. A season they said would offer so much was over by January and all that they can expect is dodging relegation. And us getting knocked out of the CL.

May aswell of just threw a tenner in the bin. They're shite but not that shite.

Yeah...they have 34 pts already.

40 will probably be enough to stay up....6 pts from 10 games - they'll get that easily.

42 is the highest points a team has been relegated with in the pl era in a 38 game season.