You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Was bored and bladdered on Friday night and saw a post in an 80s footy group on Facebook. It asked "who is the most pointless team to support?". I said Everton as their entire existence is based on getting one over Liverpool.

Cue loads of angry Evertonians calling me a know nothing cunt and I had no clue about their history. One even threatened to fill me in despite living in Crewe. I like the way they accuse us of living in the past.

Just looked at the dates of the quarter final should we not get beat 6 nil at home by Porto. The two legs are either side of the Derby at Woodison. That might be their best chance of beating us for years but they will still go into it thinking we will get a dodgy penalty and Firmino is head of some white supremacist movement.

Every once in a while when we're doing well it's nice to pop over to good old GOT to taste the latest in schadenfreude.

Today really delivers. Had no idea, but apparently we're in crisis!

Since Coutinho left they've needed a last minute goal to beat a Burnley side in free fall, needed a ridiculous decision to beat us, did well against a team with a mental block but vulnerabilities were exposed when they got their act together, lost to Swansea, got knocked out of the only competition they have a chance of winning by the bottom placed team, beat the worst team in the league, outplayed by a vastly superior team and lucky to get a point against Spurs, beat a team in the relegation zone and then beat a Portuguese league side.

But yeah...no drop off.

The Tosun thread is brilliant. Gobby Turkish and Everton fans arguing over the relative strengths of their leagues to support their position on Tosun. And then suddenly, in posts today, the Portuguese league was introduced into the argument as an example of an inferior league to the Turkish league.

If you don't get Evertones, you won't get bitter.

• Upvote 1

They're comparing Salah to Papis Cisse on GOT, apparently. Along the lines of a one season wonder, with huge questions about whether his form will continue next season.

They're mentally ill. And conflicted. Like with Coutinho, Salah is overrated and not that good but will be at Real Madrid next season.

They're jealous. Understandable really as they have zero chance of ever having a player as good as good as either of them