You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I recorded the game yesterday and just watched the Holgate incident from start to finish

1st - it’s bollocks to argue something was said before the shove as it happens so quick and Holgate stands his ground calmly as Firmino rushes out

2 They go face to face with Madley in between and at some point Firmino says something that does get a sudden and I think genuine reaction from Holgate who then gets extremely agitated.

3 Holgate goes up to Madley as other Blues are talking to him and clearly asks if he heard what Firmino said. Madley points to his ear and shakes his head in the negative.

I highly doubt Firmino used a rascist slur as nothing he has done indicates he has it in him to do so and his own ethnicity seems to make it somewhat unlikely.

However Holgate clearly thought he “heard” something. I doubt he will back down as he seems like an immature twat and made a big show of accusing Firmino.

The probe will again come down to he said he said and I imagine the FA cunts will only be to happy to stick it to us again especially as Firmino is foreign and Holgate is English

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google "FA v Luis Suarez - 14 December 2011" to see how "the matter was settled".

(I've tried posting a link, but it's not working.)

It's mostly filler, but I'll summarise for you.

The FA Panel found that, on the balance of probability, Suarez was guilty of seven counts of racially abusing Evra. 

The first 5 counts refer to stuff that Evra claims Suarez said in a crowded penalty box, with cameras and microphones trained on it.  There is absolutely no corroboration for these accusations: no witnesses, no recordings, nothing.  Evra's versions of these events changed several times with different re-tellings; Suarez's version remains consistent.  So, it's the word of one (inconsistent) man against another (consistent) one.  The punchline is that the FA side with Evra because they can see only two possibilities: either Evra is lying, to get Suarez into trouble; or Suarez is guilty and he's lying to get off the hook.  They side with Evra - the man who, months earlier they had found guilty of falsely accusing a Chelsea groundsman of racist abuse - because they cannot imagine that anyone would do anything as despicable as falsely accuse someone of racist abuse.

The 6th count refers to a Spanish word Suarez admits he used as the two players approach the ref.  The question is whether or not that word is racist and/or insulting.  Both the experts in southern South America language and culture that the FA called as witnesses agreed; it was neither racist nor insulting.  Evra fully accepts this and says, in the report, that he assumed at the time that the Spanish word was racist - and that's why he lost his arse - but he now accepts it wasn't.  So, neither player, nor the expert witnesses think that this was a racist insult; nevertheless, the FA decide that it was.

The 7th one is the funniest. As the two players walk away from the referee, they are still growling at each other.  Neither player, nor the referee, nor any witnesses, nor any audio or video gives any reason to suspect that anything racist was said by either player at this point.  Still, the FA decide that Suarez probably said something racist, because.... well, look what we've already proven, the man's a massive racist, he just can't help himself.

Suarez was on the receiving end of an obvious injustice.  Read the FA report and you might just tremble with indignation.

The stupidest thing FSG have ever done is failing to defend Suarez on this.  They should have used every appeal available - even suing the FA for libel, if it came to it.  Because they didn't (apparently at the behest of those corrupt, money-laundering cunts Standard Chartered - who were worried about the integrity of their brand!) our club is always going to be subject to accusations of this kind sticking, even when there's nothing to them.

This is utterly embarrassing. You're arguing semantics over a clear use of a derogatory term that references a person's skin colour. You follow the laws of the land you're in. Whatever it means in South America in a different political climate means jackshit. Is there hypocrisy on the FA's part? Yes. Does that mean they were wrong in this? No. Get a grip.

• Downvote 1

This is utterly embarrassing. You're arguing semantics over a clear use of a derogatory term that references a person's skin colour. You follow the laws of the land you're in. Whatever it means in South America in a different political climate means jackshit. Is there hypocrisy on the FA's part? Yes. Does that mean they were wrong in this? No. Get a grip.

Jesus, fuck, Hades.

Different words in different languages have different meanings.  Seven billion people in the world understand that; why don't you?  That's not "semantics"; it's just the way communication between humans has evolved.  You say the Spanish word negro is "derogatory" - the entire population of Spanish-speaking South America, people of all skin colours, disagree with you.

The "laws of the land you're in" say that you can't go around hurling racist abuse at people.  The undeniable truth here is that Luis Suarez did not hurl any racist abuse at Evra.

How about the other six counts Suarez was hit with?  Are you siding with the FA on them too?

• Upvote 1

I'd be willing to bet that not one person who put one of those stickers on a seat could name a single person who died at Heysel.

And I bet that a large number of them were involved in fighting with Italian football fans in the europa league recently as well....

• Upvote 1