You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The matter was settled. Liverpool fans continue to make themselves the laughing stock of the league by defending it or implying it didn't happen.

Google "FA v Luis Suarez - 14 December 2011" to see how "the matter was settled".

(I've tried posting a link, but it's not working.)

It's mostly filler, but I'll summarise for you.

The FA Panel found that, on the balance of probability, Suarez was guilty of seven counts of racially abusing Evra. 

The first 5 counts refer to stuff that Evra claims Suarez said in a crowded penalty box, with cameras and microphones trained on it.  There is absolutely no corroboration for these accusations: no witnesses, no recordings, nothing.  Evra's versions of these events changed several times with different re-tellings; Suarez's version remains consistent.  So, it's the word of one (inconsistent) man against another (consistent) one.  The punchline is that the FA side with Evra because they can see only two possibilities: either Evra is lying, to get Suarez into trouble; or Suarez is guilty and he's lying to get off the hook.  They side with Evra - the man who, months earlier they had found guilty of falsely accusing a Chelsea groundsman of racist abuse - because they cannot imagine that anyone would do anything as despicable as falsely accuse someone of racist abuse.

The 6th count refers to a Spanish word Suarez admits he used as the two players approach the ref.  The question is whether or not that word is racist and/or insulting.  Both the experts in southern South America language and culture that the FA called as witnesses agreed; it was neither racist nor insulting.  Evra fully accepts this and says, in the report, that he assumed at the time that the Spanish word was racist - and that's why he lost his arse - but he now accepts it wasn't.  So, neither player, nor the expert witnesses think that this was a racist insult; nevertheless, the FA decide that it was.

The 7th one is the funniest. As the two players walk away from the referee, they are still growling at each other.  Neither player, nor the referee, nor any witnesses, nor any audio or video gives any reason to suspect that anything racist was said by either player at this point.  Still, the FA decide that Suarez probably said something racist, because.... well, look what we've already proven, the man's a massive racist, he just can't help himself.

Suarez was on the receiving end of an obvious injustice.  Read the FA report and you might just tremble with indignation.

The stupidest thing FSG have ever done is failing to defend Suarez on this.  They should have used every appeal available - even suing the FA for libel, if it came to it.  Because they didn't (apparently at the behest of those corrupt, money-laundering cunts Standard Chartered - who were worried about the integrity of their brand!) our club is always going to be subject to accusations of this kind sticking, even when there's nothing to them.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

Yes. He said at full time he was spoken to again and realised it was about more than the push on Firmino (and the lack of card for Holgate).

Which is what I quoted, 'Klopp saying he knew nothing.' No sure what point you are trying to get across. 

I hear what you say but I am not being flippant and not saying you are saying I am. I am just sick to death of our club and our players being made out to be racists. This stuff goes around the world and lesser outlets are not so accurate with the reporting. As I have said real evidence of racism should be investigated mischievous claims should not. The hornets nest stirred by the ex player tv pundits is an utter disgrace.

If someone accuses anyone of being racist it should be investigated fully regardless of whether he’s a Liverpool player or not.

Nah, they weren't. Tom Adeyemi misheard something. He was called a Manc Bastard, that was proven.

You're just being a prick.

I remember being at that game against Oldham.

Something that stood out to me about that incident was a group of lads I could see in the Kop. I was on that side but further up near the first wall before it goes further back. There was a group of lads in jester hats and Luis Suarez T-shirts with shit flags. I don't know if any of you remember it but they stood out like a sore thumb to me and being an FA Cup tie against a lower league opposition meant it would've been easier to get tickets, therefore some cunts could've turned up trying to further drag our name through the mud and these lads looked to be involved in whatever was said to Tom Adeyemi.

I remember being at that game against Oldham.

Something that stood out to me about that incident was a group of lads I could see in the Kop. I was on that side but further up near the first wall before it goes further back. There was a group of lads in jester hats and Luis Suarez T-shirts with shit flags. I don't know if any of you remember it but they stood out like a sore thumb to me and being an FA Cup tie against a lower league opposition meant it would've been easier to get tickets, therefore some cunts could've turned up trying to further drag our name through the mud and these lads looked to be involved in whatever was said to Tom Adeyemi.

The trouble with that night was that, because it was in the middle of the witch-hunt, Adeyemi must have thought going to Anfield was like going to 1930s Alabama.  When he heard something that sounded vaguely racist ("you Manc bastard") it's no surprise he feared the worst.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-17343654

Jane Roden, head of the complex casework unit for the regional CPS, said: "I have viewed the extensive CCTV footage available, which has been enhanced to isolate and improve the sound.

"I have also read statements from Mr Adeyemi, the match officials and the many independent witnesses to the incident, many of whom came forward after the game to offer their evidence after hearing media reports of the incident.

"There are two important factors I have relied upon when making my decision: the enhanced CCTV footage and the high proportion of witness statements which tend to support the suspect's version of events.

"On the balance of all of the evidence, I have therefore concluded that there is insufficient evidence to bring any criminal charges in this case..."

Oldham Athletic have said they accept the decision and thanked Merseyside Police and the CPS for their work during the investigation.

The shit the mutants are chatting about this on GOT. 

Apparently, Bobby Madley is a bottling cunt as he deffo heard Firmino call Holgate the N word and did nothing about it.

That is pretty much set in stone as what definitely happened on there now. 

Honestly, can't stand these cunts. Glad I don't live in the city and have to put up with these wankers as much anymore.

If I recall correctly, there was also a journalist sitting close to the guy who shouted in the Adeyemi incident, who confirmed at the time that it was "you Manc bastard" that had been shouted.

Why listen to an on-the-spot witness when there's serious shit to be stirred?

• Upvote 1

If I recall correctly, there was also a journalist sitting close to the guy who shouted in the Adeyemi incident, who confirmed at the time that it was "you Manc bastard" that had been shouted.

And Ollie Holt who wasn’t there wrote an article saying it definitely happened based on something he heard. The prick.

Guest Pistonbroke

The shit the mutants are chatting about this on GOT. 

Apparently, Bobby Madley is a bottling cunt as he deffo heard Firmino call Holgate the N word and did nothing about it.

That is pretty much set in stone as what definitely happened on there now. 

Honestly, can't stand these cunts. Glad I don't live in the city and have to put up with these wankers as much anymore.

It's like a lot of forums online. People go with a slant on something to suit their mood, obviously worse after a defeat, and they just bash out the bullshit. It is then picked up by others and they bang on about that much that they believe the shite they are posting is the truth, regardless of no facts. 

Football has always been a tribal sport but things are getting ugly again. I can't remember who ran the report but quite a while back they linked football hooliganism and the rivalry getting out of hand to austerity and economic problems within a country. I can honestly see hooliganism becoming prevalent again if things don't change. 

Google "FA v Luis Suarez - 14 December 2011" to see how "the matter was settled".

(I've tried posting a link, but it's not working.)

It's mostly filler, but I'll summarise for you.

The FA Panel found that, on the balance of probability, Suarez was guilty of seven counts of racially abusing Evra. 

The first 5 counts refer to stuff that Evra claims Suarez said in a crowded penalty box, with cameras and microphones trained on it.  There is absolutely no corroboration for these accusations: no witnesses, no recordings, nothing.  Evra's versions of these events changed several times with different re-tellings; Suarez's version remains consistent.  So, it's the word of one (inconsistent) man against another (consistent) one.  The punchline is that the FA side with Evra because they can see only two possibilities: either Evra is lying, to get Suarez into trouble; or Suarez is guilty and he's lying to get off the hook.  They side with Evra - the man who, months earlier they had found guilty of falsely accusing a Chelsea groundsman of racist abuse - because they cannot imagine that anyone would do anything as despicable as falsely accuse someone of racist abuse.

The 6th count refers to a Spanish word Suarez admits he used as the two players approach the ref.  The question is whether or not that word is racist and/or insulting.  Both the experts in southern South America language and culture that the FA called as witnesses agreed; it was neither racist nor insulting.  Evra fully accepts this and says, in the report, that he assumed at the time that the Spanish word was racist - and that's why he lost his arse - but he now accepts it wasn't.  So, neither player, nor the expert witnesses think that this was a racist insult; nevertheless, the FA decide that it was.

The 7th one is the funniest. As the two players walk away from the referee, they are still growling at each other.  Neither player, nor the referee, nor any witnesses, nor any audio or video gives any reason to suspect that anything racist was said by either player at this point.  Still, the FA decide that Suarez probably said something racist, because.... well, look what we've already proven, the man's a massive racist, he just can't help himself.

Suarez was on the receiving end of an obvious injustice.  Read the FA report and you might just tremble with indignation.

The stupidest thing FSG have ever done is failing to defend Suarez on this.  They should have used every appeal available - even suing the FA for libel, if it came to it.  Because they didn't (apparently at the behest of those corrupt, money-laundering cunts Standard Chartered - who were worried about the integrity of their brand!) our club is always going to be subject to accusations of this kind sticking, even when there's nothing to them.

Out of rep but just Epic that

Don't expect anyone from Everton to tell the truth in any of this. They'll be going out of their way to try and ruin our season now, now that their season is over. Bitter little gobshites.

I just hope there's enough evidence, camera angles, microphone's etc, to prove this one way or another so it doesn't matter what Everton say and all parties have no choice but to tell the truth.

I just hope there's enough evidence, camera angles, microphone's etc, to prove this one way or another so it doesn't matter what Everton say and all parties have no choice but to tell the truth.

Pretty sure Madley would have heard it, if it had indeed been the N-word used. Anyway, we'll see what it say's in his match report on Monday.

Guest Pistonbroke

Do you honestly think that would make a difference to the Everton fans? Many of them will just bang on about it being a cover up, the FA and refs against their club etc etc. 

Do you honestly think that would make a difference to the Everton fans? Many of them will just bang on about it being a cover up, the FA and refs against their club etc etc.

I don't give a shit what the Everton fans think if the evidence is clear there's no wrongdoing on Firmino's part, and any protestation from them otherwise would just make them a joke.

They are already calling Madley a bottler for not taking action over on GOT because Firmino DEFINITELY racially abused Holgate.

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't give a shit what the Everton fans think if the evidence is clear there's no wrongdoing on Firmino's part, and any protestation from them otherwise would just make them a joke.

That doesn't stop them spreading their shite. 

That doesn't stop them spreading their shite.

To who? Their six fingered cousins in Rhyl?

If Firminho is cleared with definitive evidence this will not stick on a national or international level, he'll probably even get some sympathy outside of Goodison, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

Guest Pistonbroke

To who? Their six fingered cousins in Rhyl?

If Firminho is cleared with definitive evidence this will not stick on a national or international level, he'll probably even get some sympathy outside of Goodison, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

Some fans on here have to live amongst them.