You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Rubbish. You can clearly see what he says on youtube.

Holgate reacts to deflect attention from his push and to attempt to get Firminho sent off.

From the video I've seen there's about a second where Firmino's face is covered by an Everton player immediately before Holgate reacts. It's probably a long enough second for Firmino to say one bad word but seems unlikely given that at Firmino's angriest point he's quite content to "just" call him loco puta.

However the club / Klopp's "no comment" stance tonight concerns me a little, if he deffo didn't say anything why not come out and make that clear? Of course we've been stung before so maybe it's a case of playing it safe until the dust settles. Not ideal for Firmino though if he's done nothing wrong having to sit tight while people chat shit about him.

The fact this was not on Sky will help, they don't like highlighting competitions they have no coverage of. If they had pictures Firmino would probably be looking at a custodial sentence if he was lucky.

Sky sports news are mentioning the incident, saying Holgate was only kicking off because Firmino said somthing to him.

But they aren't even acknowledging the push that happened right before.

Sky sports news are mentioning the incident, saying Holgate was only kicking off because Firmino said somthing to him.

But they aren't even acknowledging the push that happened right before.

It's like this in the Guardian. Absolutely mentalist writing which in no way depicts what actually happened:

"At first sight it seemed ludicrous that Holgate should make his second misjudgment of the evening by deliberately shoving Roberto Firmino over the perimeter fence into the crowd and get away with it, though the Everton player lost his head to such an extent that it appeared likely he had been verbally abused or provoked. There was no other explanation for such a blatant transgression under the nose of the referee, and the fact that Robert Madley failed to produce a card – not to mention the amount of time he spent talking to the fourth official and discussing the matter behind his hand with various interested parties on the pitch – suggested this was a complex incident that even VAR might not have been able to clear up. Whatever the provocation, Holgate was lucky to get away with using his hands again so soon after conceding the penalty"

Maddock said it seemed to be cleared up at halftime some sort of misunderstanding and was resolved with the Everton backroom staff. Seems a bit off to suggest Holgate is playing the racecard due to the fact he may have misheard.

Pretty shit to see lots of opposing supporters lining up to try and score points and a bit shit of some of ours laying into Holgate.

Right, I’m nobody but I just want to say, can we please play nicely? We’re fellow reds and we just beat Everton. It’s a good day.

I don’t know what’s been said about the Firmino incident, as I’ve been out since the match ended. At first glance this is how it looked to me:

Player pushes Firmino over the advertising hoardings into the crowd (disgracefully not booked, it must be said. What more does the ref need to see?)

Firmino is then annoyed and reacts. He squares up to Holgate and to my eyes it looked like he called him a son of a whore in Portuguese - I think it was similar to what Mourinho called that doctor for treating a Chelsea player and not joining in with his cheating.

Anyhow, Firmino definitely gives Holgate an earful, but then the Everton lad goes ballistic.

My best guess is he misunderstood what Firmino said and interpreted it as a racial slur.

Don’t know how accurate that is,, but that’s what it looked like to me. Hopefully things get cleared up and the accusation of something altogether more nasty is nipped in the bud.

To my eyes it was an example of what can happen when a referee fails to punish a player for a clear wrong. Had the ref pulled Holgate over to lecture him and book him, perhaps Firmino’s fire might have been assuaged somewhat. But since the ref did nothing, Firmino (perhaps foolishly in his part, but also understandably to be fair) had a reaction.

That’s my take on it, but beyond that, let’s not fight among ourselves!

It’s a good day. Everton are out and we are through.

• Upvote 7

Both were racially abused. Don't embarrass yourself.

Try some facts.

Read the FA report into the Suarez/Evra incident. It is screamingly obvious that Evra wasn't racially abused. Only an organisation as dishonest and inept as the FA could reach any other conclusion

As for Adeyemi, the prosecutor issued a statement saying that she'd dropped the case because she'd heard an audio recording of the incident which clearly proved he was called a Manchester bastard.

Lets get them

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/holgate-racially-abused-by-firmino-the-guardian.101371/page-10

Racist comments are used by cowardly underhanded players to invoke a reaction to gain advantage in a game.

Comes after their player got dogs abuse but because it’s one of their own it DEFO happened.

Wait for the investigation but it will be interesting what the ref will put in his report but if it’s anything like his reffing, he will cop out (pardon the pun) sweep it under the carpet and let’s all move on shall we aka The Liverpool Way