You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Holgate is a kid, any tweet from 6 years ago is petty stuff, Evertonian levels of bitterness.

If he gets banned for stuff he said when wasn't a professional then that's a joke, just as Andre Gray's ban was.

Even tonight with his push, we would love if Gomez had sent Rooney into the crowd, it's a derby in the FA Cup, it's part and parcel of it. The problem there was the ref, he deals with that properly then he avoids all the unpleasantries.

• Upvote 1

The whole Firmino-Holgate affair is unsavoury.

It all looks like much ado about nothing.

If so, and in hindsight, you can't be too mad at Holgate. He could've been a bit more discreet with his allegation to the ref if he wasn't entirely sure what was said.

But, I've never had the misfortune of being racially abused and I couldn't guarantee that I'd react in the way I suggested if I ever were to be.

Holgate has apparently deleted his Twitter now as a few Tweets he sent in 2012 using homophobic language have been retweeted.

He shouldn't have tweeted such things, but I'm not sure that I agree with him being hounded if he made a genuine mistake re: Firmino and it was clarified at half time.

So far, the biggest divvies in it all have been the folks indulging in trial by social media, who were just itching for it to have legs, purely for football tribalist reasons.

Much ado about nothing seriously? He shoves a player over the pitch perimeter said player comes on and gives him verbals and suddenly he 'hears' something racist? This is pure unadulterated raising of Suarez allegations by a wound up player trying to save himself from getting sent off. He is doing the old deflection trick. I was gobsmacked when the tv pundits raised the point 'unless something was said.' Really? Did you not watch the whole incident. Bobby is shepherding the ball out clearly no words are being spoken by either player then holgate shoves him at the last second forcefully. Why did holgate shove Bobby so hard at the last second you can see in the pictures there is no exchange. After he pulls himself out of the crowd Bobby comes back on furious. So is holgate saying he was abused before or after he shoved bobby off the pitch? Or both? Accusing another player of racism is a serious claim but it seems to me this young man went Suarez Liverpool FC racism.

• Upvote 2

On a serious note after the Derby. Win lose or draw there is no place in society for racial abuse. What Frimino clearly calls Holgate is bang out or order and the FA need to take action.

Didn't know you spoke Portuguese *****. I would wait to see what the ref says about the incident before making assumptions that Firmino is guilty.

*** no excuses it’s the same as Suarez to Evra you don’t need to speak Portuguese to see that.

Like i said wait and see what the ref said. If he is guilty then yes he should be banned but you assume just because hes a Liverpool player and because Suarez got banned he is instantly guilty.

Behave racism is racism

Absolutely nothing to do with who he plays for

How do you even know what was said?. No details of the conversation between them have even been released.

Going off replays off the TV can you know that he was racially abused?. All that was noticeable was "Puta" which means bitch.

I havent even said racism is ok i just said wait for the refs report and the full facts. Youve instantly assumed his guilt

Much ado about nothing seriously? He shoves a player over the pitch perimeter said player comes on and gives him verbals and suddenly he 'hears' something racist? This is pure unadulterated raising of Suarez allegations by a wound up player trying to save himself from getting sent off. He is doing the old deflection trick. I was gobsmacked when the tv pundits raised the point 'unless something was said.' Really? Did you not watch the whole incident. Bobby is shepherding the ball out clearly no words are being spoken by either player then holgate shoves him at the last second forcefully. Why did holgate shove Bobby so hard at the last second you can see in the pictures there is no exchange. After he pulls himself out of the crowd Bobby comes back on furious. So is holgate saying he was abused before or after he shoved bobby off the pitch? Or both? Accusing another player of racism is a serious claim but it seems to me this young man went Suarez Liverpool FC racism.

I meant much ado about nothing in the sense that there appears to be nothing to the allegation.

The push itself was ridiculous and warranted a red card, for me.

I think it's pretty obvious Firmino has said something racist. Holgate doesn't grab the referee like that if it's something innocuous.

The referee was in-between them, so if he'd said something racist he'd have been red-carded. Stop being a dick.

I think it's pretty obvious Firmino has said something racist. Holgate doesn't grab the referee like that if it's something innocuous.

Then why did the ref ( who was in between them) do nothing? Interesting match report that would be, so Bobby if you heard this racial comment why didn't you do what you where supposed to do and send him off?

Hades is that fella who is dead racist but got pulled on it and now goes around accusing everyone else of being racist to try and cover his own disgusting views.

You horrible racist cunt.

Rubbish. You can clearly see what he says on youtube.

Holgate reacts to deflect attention from his push and to attempt to get Firminho sent off.

• Upvote 1

I really hope he gets done for using the race card. Isnt Firmino's father black as well?

He'll just say he didnt understand despite the referees ear being next to Firminhos mouth.

He should be banned for the push though, which is ofcourse what he is trying to hide.

I really hope he gets done for using the race card. Isnt Firmino's father black as well?

He goes from 0 to 100 in a spilt second, he's no Luis Suarez, there is no way he has the cunningness to invent a situation in a spilt second. The most probable scenario is what the mirror are reporting, he thought he heard something, he reacted but now realises he heard wrong. That should be the end of it unless they want to look into the push.

• Upvote 1

He goes from 0 to 100 in a spilt second, he's no Luis Suarez, there is no way he has the cunningness to invent a situation in a spilt second. The most probable scenario is what the mirror are reporting, he thought he heard something, he reacted but now realises he heard wrong. That should be the end of it unless they want to look into the push.

I hope this is it. I feel for Holgate. He's going to get bellends throwing all sorts at him now like Adeyemi and Evra did.

• Downvote 2