You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They are unique in that they are completely fucking deluded. Other teams fans have delusions of grandeur (Us, Arsenal, newco, Newcastle, Leeds, Lazio, Hamburg to name just a few....) but none anywhere near the levels they put themselves at. 1 measly fa cup in what 30 years? 

I think it's time....

"now let's say we get a few of the players we have been linked with in - the likes of Strootman (20m), Witsel (25m) and we go for Butland (30m) and VVD (30m), we buy Milik or Janssen for 15m

thats 120m spent, and probably looking at around 500k in wages (again a generous estimate)

leaves the club with 90m and 500k in wages still burning a hole in our lovely Iranians pocket, but no statement signing, just some very good ones that will make the team very competitive, say we then blow a 30m bid on Perisic (current flavour of the month after his Euro exploits and also a position we depserately need sorting) and we give him parity with rom on wages - so another 140k and 30m gone

we are then left with a 60m and 360 pw situation, to go out their and target a 'statement' signing for the club to propel us into the spotlight, go throw that at Madrid, offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

Honestly it sounds mental even typing this out, but money talks in football, and if we are serious in making a statement then we couldn't make a bigger on than this"

• Upvote 5

I think it's time....

"now let's say we get a few of the players we have been linked with in - the likes of Strootman (20m), Witsel (25m) and we go for Butland (30m) and VVD (30m), we buy Milik or Janssen for 15m

thats 120m spent, and probably looking at around 500k in wages (again a generous estimate)

leaves the club with 90m and 500k in wages still burning a hole in our lovely Iranians pocket, but no statement signing, just some very good ones that will make the team very competitive, say we then blow a 30m bid on Perisic (current flavour of the month after his Euro exploits and also a position we depserately need sorting) and we give him parity with rom on wages - so another 140k and 30m gone

we are then left with a 60m and 360 pw situation, to go out their and target a 'statement' signing for the club to propel us into the spotlight, go throw that at Madrid, offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

Honestly it sounds mental even typing this out, but money talks in football, and if we are serious in making a statement then we couldn't make a bigger on than this"

That's just the tonic, cheers.

Alan Myers is definitely a cunt. He was the snivelling bootlick who Tom Hicks spoke to whenever the fat Texan cunt decided he had something to say, and he was the one interviewing Hicks for Sky right after the club got sold from under him. Myers and Tom Cannon were the blueshites Sky always wheeled out to gloat about the off-field problems at LFC at that time.

As an aside, it's incredible to think that the shit really hit the fan a decade ago now, when Rafa was told to shut his yap by the owners and get on with coaching the team. It wasn't long before it really became apparent that the shysters had lied about using a leveraged buy-out to saddle the club with unsustainable debt.

• Upvote 1

Everton manager job advert heavily implies it is for Liverpool

25-10-17

EVERTON have begun searching for a new manager with an advert offering the chance to lead a ‘historic, prestigious club based in Liverpool’.

Applicants have reported severe disappointment at discovering the role is in fact with Everton Football Club, particularly questioning the use of the word ‘prestigious’.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Sean Dyche said: “Describing Everton as a ‘Liverpool-based football club’ is like describing Oxford Brookes as ‘an Oxford-based university’ or spam as a pork-based meat.

“When they mentioned ‘a past track record of European glory’ it turned out they were referring to the European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1984-85.

“Even the picture at the top of the advert was from the Merseyside derby so you could mostly see Liverpool players and fans.

“I’ll ask at the interview whether there’s a way to get transferred to Anfield if I do a good job.”

Former manager Ronald Koeman said: “I honestly believed I was Liverpool boss until a few days ago. I presumed we’d just been wearing our third kit a lot.

“It does now make a lot more sense of why I never heard a single rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone and why we tended to lose to people like Burnley.”

• Upvote 2

Sky Bet latest odds:

Unsworth 9/4 - Why they even want him is beyond me. Its like us wanting David Thompson

Dyche 11/4 - Don't like the guy so fuck him even more if he goes there. deep voiced wanker

Tuchel 7/2 - Reckon he would do a decent job there. 8th

Silva 9/2 - Got a big future him i'd hate them to get him

Allardyce 13/2 - If there is a god...... Please please please

Ancelotti 10/1 - Fuck off god

Moyes 12/1 - Pointless 

Some others:

Coleman 20/1 - Reckon he would do ok

Rafa 22/1 - Would ruin the great man. He is a better person 

Pardew 25/1 - Everton players wives run for your lives

Big Dunc 28/1 - Imagine. Fucking knuckle dragger

P Neville 33/1 - I'd laugh non-stop for about 8 months

Royle 33/1 - Dogs of War 

Ranieri 33/1 - Too nice a guy for them 

Hiddink 33/1 - Fuck off

Rodgers 33/1 - No chance 

Redknapp 40/1 - hahaha that would be some journey

Di Canio 50/1 - Haha so would that

Reid 60/1 - Pointless

Rooney 100/1 - hahahahaha

Gazza 5000/1 - Raoul Moat assistant manager 

• Upvote 2

There’s a thread over on GOT on what it actually means to ‘Get Everton’, fuck me, there’s some cringeworthy posts on there.

Every fan of a club holds their team up on a pedestal but these poor deluded people really do think they’re something special and unique. The soft cunts.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/getting-everton.99908/

‘if you even have to ask, then you don’t get it.’

‘Honesty - don't patronise the fans

Ambition - even if we aren't ready to challenge make sure that we're working towards it.

Talent - no dross please but if you aren't the best player then at the very least...

Hard work - every player puts a shift in because if you don't then you can be sure that we'll tell you that you aren't.

Always aim to win.

Never admit defeat (look at Niasse on Sunday - that's why he's turning into a cult figure).

Never allow the opposition to bully you.

There's loads more like but be arsed spelling it all out.’

‘It's more than that. Certain clubs have a status and a quality that justifies a respect and places them above others. Part history, part style,part success, part myth. Very few have it and to be authentic it is earned over time and not purchased on a whim. Everton certainly have it. I personally would include Arsenal and Tottenham. Chelsea and Man City definitely don't.’

‘You "get" Everton the same way you "get" the culture of a country.

You have to live there for a while and it's not one thing, it's thousands of them all added together and jumbled up and interacting with each other.

Over time you gain a feeling of what it means as a whole without being able to put your finger on it or sum it up in a sentence.

It's a chaos really, tens of thousands of diverse, very different people thrown together by some shared geography or passion.

However, out of this randomness, common character traits or behaviours emerge you can instantly recognise, due to the interactions and inter-dependence you all share.’

‘There is nothing to describe. To do so would be a clumsy attempt to validate something intangible.

You just are.’

‘World cup winner Alan Ball said it best I think, 'once Everton has touched you nothing else is ever quite the same'.

‘I could never describe that touch, but somehow Everton reach inside and the very fabric of your soul becomes blue.’

‘...if you know your history you realise we support an amazing and unique football club.’

‘It's about caring. Even when you really wish you didn't, cos of the grief it brings, you do because you just can't help it. It's also like the kind of relationship you have with your pet dog. Nothing it does can ever stop you loving it.’

Sky Bet latest odds:

Unsworth 9/4 - Why they even want him is beyond me. Its like us wanting David Thompson

Dyche 11/4 - Don't like the guy so fuck him even more if he goes there. deep voiced wanker

Tuchel 7/2 - Reckon he would do a decent job there. 8th

Silva 9/2 - Got a big future him i'd hate them to get him

Allardyce 13/2 - If there is a god...... Please please please

Ancelotti 10/1 - Fuck off god

Moyes 12/1 - Pointless

Some others:

Coleman 20/1 - Reckon he would do ok

Rafa 22/1 - Would ruin the great man. He is a better person

Pardew 25/1 - Everton players wives run for your lives

Big Dunc 28/1 - Imagine. Fucking knuckle dragger

P Neville 33/1 - I'd laugh non-stop for about 8 months

Royle 33/1 - Dogs of War

Ranieri 33/1 - Too nice a guy for them

Hiddink 33/1 - Fuck off

Rodgers 33/1 - No chance

Redknapp 40/1 - hahaha that would be some journey

Di Canio 50/1 - Haha so would that

Reid 60/1 - Pointless

Rooney 100/1 - hahahahaha

Gazza 5000/1 - Raoul Moat assistant manager

No odds for Klopp?

There’s a thread over on GOT on what it actually means to ‘Get Everton’, fuck me, there’s some cringeworthy posts on there.

Every fan of a club holds their team up on a pedestal but these poor deluded people really do think they’re something special and unique. The soft cunts.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/getting-everton.99908/

‘if you even have to ask, then you don’t get it.’

‘Honesty - don't patronise the fans

Ambition - even if we aren't ready to challenge make sure that we're working towards it.

Talent - no dross please but if you aren't the best player then at the very least...

Hard work - every player puts a shift in because if you don't then you can be sure that we'll tell you that you aren't.

Always aim to win.

Never admit defeat (look at Niasse on Sunday - that's why he's turning into a cult figure).

Never allow the opposition to bully you.

There's loads more like but be arsed spelling it all out.’

‘It's more than that. Certain clubs have a status and a quality that justifies a respect and places them above others. Part history, part style,part success, part myth. Very few have it and to be authentic it is earned over time and not purchased on a whim. Everton certainly have it. I personally would include Arsenal and Tottenham. Chelsea and Man City definitely don't.’

‘You "get" Everton the same way you "get" the culture of a country.

You have to live there for a while and it's not one thing, it's thousands of them all added together and jumbled up and interacting with each other.

Over time you gain a feeling of what it means as a whole without being able to put your finger on it or sum it up in a sentence.

It's a chaos really, tens of thousands of diverse, very different people thrown together by some shared geography or passion.

However, out of this randomness, common character traits or behaviours emerge you can instantly recognise, due to the interactions and inter-dependence you all share.’

‘There is nothing to describe. To do so would be a clumsy attempt to validate something intangible.

You just are.’

‘World cup winner Alan Ball said it best I think, 'once Everton has touched you nothing else is ever quite the same'.

‘I could never describe that touch, but somehow Everton reach inside and the very fabric of your soul becomes blue.’

‘...if you know your history you realise we support an amazing and unique football club.’

‘It's about caring. Even when you really wish you didn't, cos of the grief it brings, you do because you just can't help it. It's also like the kind of relationship you have with your pet dog. Nothing it does can ever stop you loving it.’

happy_grannies.gif

I think I'd rather get a dose than get Everton

You just don’t understand. Only Certain clubs have a status and a quality that justifies a respect and places them above others. Part history, part style,part success, part myth. Very few have it and to be authentic it is earned over time and not purchased on a whim. Everton certainly have it. I personally would include Arsenal and Tottenham. Chelsea and Man City definitely don't.

• Upvote 1