You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Yes.

He also kept saying about how they will attract new fans like city believe it or not. I then pointed out that city generally have empty seats and also pointed out that city have an owner who is worth 13 billion and had a built stadium so they could spend silly money on players. He then said that the bloke from arsenal is going to invest in the blues. I said he can't cause he's on the board at arsenal. He said he's going to sell up to which I replied well they are all in it for the money. He said that the arsenal bloke and moshi are football fans. I said me and you are football fans they love it for the money. He said yes they will spend to improve the team and that will bring success and more fans so more revenue. I said he hasn't done it at arsenal.

That is a true story.

But did your head fall off?

That place would be a good development opportunity. Someone on skyscrapercity said Peel were interested in it to turn it into somewhere like Hoxton in North London with bars underneath the train arches as well as room for hotels. Be a pity if it ends up as a car park.

They've been promising bars and restaurant there for years now but when the arse fell out the market back in 2008 everything went quiet. A neighbour of mine was telling me a few years ago that the empty land was bought by a couple of Chinese investors and all they're gonna do is sit on it and wait for the cruise liner terminal to get the nod so they can cash in on it. With this and the ground both getting the nod it'll be just my luck that they build the worlds biggest multi storey car park at the back of my house now. If the old B.A. Warehouse turns itself into the office / apartment block they're intending with the cruise liner terminal and the ground getting built then the area may take off again.

DM me anyone if you wanna buy my house before the market goes up.

I got my ballot papers through today for the new metro mayor elections for the city Region. Is going the mayor of Liverpool that Joe currently has going to become non existent after this election?

Basically, there's a bit of a power-struggle going on.  Right now, there's nothing much clear about the Mayor's powers vs. Metro-Mayor's powers.  If it comes to a battle of wits and wills between Anderson and Rotheram, Fatty's going down.  He knows this, so he's trying to fuck up as much shizz as possible before May.  Because he's a cunt.

Basically, there's a bit of a power-struggle going on. Right now, there's nothing much clear about the Mayor's powers vs. Metro-Mayor's powers. If it comes to a battle of wits and wills between Anderson and Rotheram, Fatty's going down. He knows this, so he's trying to fuck up as much shizz as possible before May. Because he's a cunt.

So the elected mayor of the city of Liverpool is going to remain? I thought it was being replaced with a metro mayor?

So the elected mayor of the city of Liverpool is going to remain? I thought it was being replaced with a metro mayor?

It would have, if Fat Joe had got the Labour nomination.

No way that cunt is going to get his snout out of any trough without being dragged kicking and screaming.  He's positioned quite a lot of "his" people - Councillors and Directors - in the top jobs in the six district councils and other bodies (like Merseytravel), so expect a lot of blood on the carpet in local politics for the next few years - all to the soundtrack of Tories laughing their tiny cocks off.

Can't believe my head hasn't fallen off yet by the prospect of Everton getting a new ground. 

Except they don't have any money to pay for it and their billionaire is putting precisely fuck all into it. 

Except they don't have planning permission.

Except they have basically fuck all in guarantees right now. 

The heartbreaking "never thought I'd see the day" articles from blues this week have been embarrassing. Even by their standards. 

Oh, and apparently Lukaku is going to change his mind and stay because he'll be able to play in a new stadium by the time he's 30. 

• Upvote 1

You only have to read the Echo for all the dodgy property deals going on, dealing with basically criminals, selling off historical buildings owned by the people. Someone/s have been lining their pockets and it seems like it's time is nearly up as AOT said. Unfortunately the damage us already done. The deal for the new stadium seemed to be quite rushed almost as if the CW games were a pipe dream and something needed to be salvaged with the time left. Allegedly.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/600537/Liverpool-Everton-Merseyside-Derby-Stan-Collymore-Premier-League-Latest-LFC-News

Ex-Liverpool star makes massive claim ahead of Everton showdown

At least that's what former Reds star Stan Collymore has now claimed.

The two sides meet again in a hotly-anticipated derby this Saturday.

And Collymore is backing Ronald Koeman to lead the Toffees into a new era.

He told the Daily Mirror: "It is a huge game… and if Everton beat Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday, it will be even bigger than that because it represents a major step forward for the club and boss Ronald Koeman as they look to close the gap to their neighbours.

"I’m not just talking about the six points that separate them this season, either.

"Because a win would massively cement Koeman’s ability and credibility for a clear-out of one or two pieces of deadwood at Goodison this summer and mark the changing of the guard that is required.

Ex-Liverpool ace Stan Collymore thinks Ronald Koeman can lead Everton into a successful new era
“If Everton get their recruitment right over the next two or three windows, and if they get their new stadium right, then they have a chance of overtaking Liverpool as the biggest club in the city.”

He told the Daily Mirror: "It is a huge game… and if Everton beat Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday, it will be even bigger than that because it represents a major step forward for the club and boss Ronald Koeman as they look to close the gap to their neighbours.

"I’m not just talking about the six points that separate them this season, either.

"Because a win would massively cement Koeman’s ability and credibility for a clear-out of one or two pieces of deadwood at Goodison this summer and mark the changing of the guard that is required.

"And if Everton get their recruitment right over the next two or three windows, and if they get their new stadium right, then they have a chance of overtaking Liverpool as the biggest club in the city.

"What he needs now is to kick on, and that would mean competing for trophies and out-thinking the likes of Jurgen Klopp and Jose Mourinho on a consistent basis.

"If he can do that, then I can’t think of a better manager to guide Everton through a tricky time and close the gap that exists across the Mersey divide.

Haha

Without tempting fate it has been fucking years since they beat us, probably due one.

Hardly the changing of the guard if they do, all sorts of morons falling for this shite or is Stanley just stirring the pot.

You can guarantee that if they win,they'll be the equivalent of a guy who's lost 100 games in a row then wins 1 and proclaims himself the greatest. Also,lots of teams have had terrible records at ours for 30,40 and 50 years. See no reason for our 18 year record to end on Saturday.