You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Joe Anderson's Twitter is quite funny tonight.

Proper fewmmmmm. Heads falling off, etc, etc....

That guy should be forced to step down as mayor. He is too emotionally invested in Everton to do what's actually right for the city. 

• Upvote 2

They all seem to think it's hilarious that our fans are questioning how they are going to get a free stadium. Of course all the public services being run into the ground is a secondary issue to the delight they will get from watching us fume.

The moaning that they did when we got a lease to build on Stanley Park was ridiculous. It wasn't even on that much of the green space, it was taken up largely by the car park. They never shut up about it. One Evertonian I know said we'd bulldozed a load of victorian houses and built into the park without permission. Despite the fact that the houses were all owned by Liverpool fc and any "build" never encroached on the park.

So imagine if we were getting a taxpayer funded stadium whilst the public services in the city were being cut to the bone or completely dismantled altogether.

There would be rioting in the streets even over the most far fetched taxi driver rumour about the stadium.

I also like the way Evertonians like to be the moral guardians of football, the last old traditional club with proper fans who like to see their club act in the right way because they have got more morals than clubs like us, Chelsea, Man City etc. Yet as soon as something will benefit them all that goes out the window.

• Upvote 2

Evertonians are the best. 

Lukaku in part-exchange for Muller, plus Bayern chucking in an extra £30m. 

Apparently. 

One div was suggesting they lower the release clause to £75m to fall in line with a comparable player like Griezmann and then he'll sign whatevers put in front of him then

They're just mental, aren't they?

I'd guess that if you were to look over Moshiri's quotes ever since he became involved with them, there's actually been nothing too outlandish said. Sure, there have been statement's of ambition, but you wouldn't expect any new investor to say anything less. It's not as if it's akin to the Venkys going into Blackburn and talking about signing Ronaldinho and spending their way to the Champions League, or that chancer who turned up to a few Portsmouth games in a replica top and baseball cap. The bulk of the conjecture has been from the blues themselves.

A mate of mine (a red) summed it up when he mentioned how for them, it's solely about bypassing us in the shortest time possible. They're not even arsed about solid foundations, stabilising their club or improving the 'brand' (I hate to sound all modern footy on that last point), it's all about the dream of splashing daft sums of money on pipe dreams to 'see our heads fall off'. They can't even appreciate something for what it is without gauging our reaction.

I would have thought that recruiting that Steve Walsh bloke would be the biggest indicator to them that they don't have pockets as deep as clubs like City and Chelsea, but that there'd be an emphasis on improving recruitment; more going down the Spurs route of identifying young talent and looking at players going under the radar. There's absolutely nothing wrong with such an approach and if you don't have infinite wealth, it makes the most sense. Hell, Leicester won the league off the backs of Mahrez, Vardy and Kante- all of whom cost a pittance- so there's proof you can get joy if you nail it.

I made the point to a blue that it wasn't so long ago that Kenwright was going around clubs with his begging bowl for loan signings and freebies, so that now if Moshiri's investment means that they can afford to sign players like Payet- good players who the bigger sides have somehow missed that they couldn't have afforded in the past- it should regard it as a step in the right direction. Was he having it? Nah, he was going on about signing Isco from Real Madrid and how we were no longer top dogs in the city. There's just no temperance with them, no sense of cautious optimism.

I've never known a set of supporters so consumed by another team. It must be so bloody draining.

• Upvote 7

Surely they should be looking at a straight swap?

Nah, they're looking at bigger fish than him. Neuer, Hummels, Kroos, Rodriguez and Neymar are already lined up for the 1st of June and they don't wanna risk any FFP sanctions by splashing out more money