You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The fella who posted this is one of the worst twats on GOT. But this is fucking nuts.

Saint Domingo said: ↑

The difference between the two sets of fans can be summed up by one often repeated scenario. If our match is on tv in a pub or bar, there is inevitably always one kopite watching as well loudly mocking the blues, cheering the opposition goals, slow clapping if we lose etc. What's the worst that happens? He's largely ignored, at most he might get a few disgruntled words behind his back (which he would be completely oblivious to of course). Reverse the scenario though, I've been out with friends watching the RS game (unfortunately) and if they lose I've felt threatened just for even being known as a blue and that's if I've kept my mouth shut for the whole game. If a blue started giving it the big one during and straight after a painful Liverpool loss there would be violence within minutes. The vast majority of them have been fed on a diet of perpetual success and a narrative of believing they have a divine right to win everything and lord it over all other clubs. They can't deal with disappointment failure and embarassment like most other fans can, they're not able to laugh off banter from opposing fans. Aggression is their default setting and has got them in trouble all over Europe. Let's be honest if it wasn't for the favourable media treatment and the raft of special dispensations they've accrued their reputation would be in the gutter where it belongs.

Case in point, their European run last season was marred with countless incidents of loutish behaviour, flares, offensive banners, ticket issues, fighting during the game, so much so that UEFA whacked them with fines. Not to mention a drug scandal of one crucial player. This was largely swept under the carpet though. A few French ultras jump a bar of unsuspecting blues in Lille though and the papers couldn't get enough of Evertonians in bar fighting chair throwing incident. Liverpool fans know they're largely untouchable and protected by the authorities, it just fuels their behaviour even more.

'Unsuspecting blues'

The fella who posted this is one of the worst twats on GOT. But this is fucking nuts.

The difference between the two sets of fans can be summed up by one often repeated scenario. If our match is on tv in a pub or bar, there is inevitably always one kopite watching as well loudly mocking the blues, cheering the opposition goals, slow clapping if we lose etc. What's the worst that happens? He's largely ignored, at most he might get a few disgruntled words behind his back (which he would be completely oblivious to of course). Reverse the scenario though, I've been out with friends watching the RS game (unfortunately) and if they lose I've felt threatened just for even being known as a blue and that's if I've kept my mouth shut for the whole game. If a blue started giving it the big one during and straight after a painful Liverpool loss there would be violence within minutes. The vast majority of them have been fed on a diet of perpetual success and a narrative of believing they have a divine right to win everything and lord it over all other clubs. They can't deal with disappointment failure and embarassment like most other fans can, they're not able to laugh off banter from opposing fans. Aggression is their default setting and has got them in trouble all over Europe. Let's be honest if it wasn't for the favourable media treatment and the raft of special dispensations they've accrued their reputation would be in the gutter where it belongs.

Case in point, their European run last season was marred with countless incidents of loutish behaviour, flares, offensive banners, ticket issues, fighting during the game, so much so that UEFA whacked them with fines. Not to mention a drug scandal of one crucial player. This was largely swept under the carpet though. A few French ultras jump a bar of unsuspecting blues in Lille though and the papers couldn't get enough of Evertonians in bar fighting chair throwing incident. Liverpool fans know they're largely untouchable and protected by the authorities, it just fuels their behaviour even more.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5063/5555270250_b874fd34be.jpg

1kbidu.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Is this idiot for real? I've only ever known the opposite to be true. Been in an alehouse plenty of times with blues, who start off sound enough but very quickly become argumentative and angry - and that's not even when there's footy on. And as for Sakho, that wasn't swept under the carpet, he served his ban, and indeed has been frozen out by the club.

And the irony of him blaming trouble in Europe on the opposition fans.

When I lived in Waterloo every time there was a Liverpool game there was always a couple of Evertonians in the pub screaming for whoever liverpool were playing to score. It was almost like they actually wanted to be filled in and were timing how long it would take.

I watched us play away at Galatasaray in the Raven in South Road. They had Everton's FA Cup replay against crewe on in one half of the pub and our game in the other half. The majority of Evertonians came into our half of the pub once they knew we were losing then stormed off when Heskey scored a late equaliser. On finding out that they had scraped a 2-0 win over 4th tier Crewe they started singing Everton songs like they had been watching the game all night.

It's true.  While Liverpool are followed by an army of nasty, angry seventeenth century street urchins, all of Everton's fans are David Niven.

This is brilliant. It should go in the guys who like to tell porkies thread.

Can imagine the next part of the story to be "i then walked into a room and there were a load of high class Russian prostitutes who I banged one after the other whilst snorting cocaine and drinking £500 a bottle vodka"

7c50bbdc9c94629ccafb1f9bc7a63dea.jpg

This made me laugh from the bbc websites match report for their game today...

Under a picture of him it said:

'David Moyes led Everton to nine top-half finishes in 11 years as manager'

Like that is some feat - just needed the Taffs Tavern pic adding.

Since Shankly brought us up to the First Division in 1962 we've never finished outside the top half.