You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The bitterness is strong in this one, over a fucking song. Wow.

Example.

Gladystweet said: ↑

#### off, #### o o o off, with soap up ya arse, and you'll never walk again...

This is the only version I have EVER sung.

Everton are a club with pride and honour and tradition. We have a motto written in Latin. Our theme tune is an old folk song from this area dating back to the 1800's,

That scum have a song from a Broadway musical from the mid nineties, and use the lyrics from it for their motto. And it is SOOOO original, they share 'their' anthem with about eighty other clubs. It's so the feeble minded can remember it.

I mean, history? Ask any one of them what their Latin motto was before they exchanged it for this commercial dirge. Or for that matter, ask them to name the manager before Shankly. Not a chance.

To my shame, a few years ago at my daughters school sports day, their prankster of a caretaker doing the disco put this on for the final song. I literally had to be restrained. If he had played the theme of both clubs I would not have bothered, but he abused the trust put in him by the Governor to keep an impartial and harmonious ambience, and instead misused the occasion and disregarded all others. Plus, he was a total t... long before this event.

So, no, no real feelings about it either way.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/have-you-ever-sung-that-song.92664/

Haha. What a fucking cock. And why did he think we started singing it in the 90's?

Does he mean z cars theme, a shite badly acted tv series from the 1960s that they share with Watford is an old folk song or we don't care what the redshite say?. Either way I think he's wrong that they have been going since the early 1800's. Maybe he is confusing it with the length of time they won something.

The bitterness is strong in this one, over a fucking song. Wow.

Example.

Gladystweet said: ↑

#### off, #### o o o off, with soap up ya arse, and you'll never walk again...

This is the only version I have EVER sung.

Everton are a club with pride and honour and tradition. We have a motto written in Latin. Our theme tune is an old folk song from this area dating back to the 1800's,

That scum have a song from a Broadway musical from the mid nineties, and use the lyrics from it for their motto. And it is SOOOO original, they share 'their' anthem with about eighty other clubs. It's so the feeble minded can remember it.

I mean, history? Ask any one of them what their Latin motto was before they exchanged it for this commercial dirge. Or for that matter, ask them to name the manager before Shankly. Not a chance.

To my shame, a few years ago at my daughters school sports day, their prankster of a caretaker doing the disco put this on for the final song. I literally had to be restrained. If he had played the theme of both clubs I would not have bothered, but he abused the trust put in him by the Governor to keep an impartial and harmonious ambience, and instead misused the occasion and disregarded all others. Plus, he was a total t... long before this event.

So, no, no real feelings about it either way.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/have-you-ever-sung-that-song.92664/

Mid Nineties????

As he insists that they use "an old folk song from the area" could he explain why nobody sings it?  (Maybe it's because it mentions the word "Liverpool" too often?)

In fairness, I'm not aware of Liverpool ever having had a Latin motto.  We've certainly never had one on our shirts.  This suggests that the closest we've ever come is in borrowing the City's crest (and motto) in our early days.

http://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3188

Although, I'll bow to the superior knowledge of this Bloo who reckons we swapped a motto for a song in the mid 90s.

It annoyed me that West Ham were singing the "sign on" version, not because it was a ridiculous 1980 pastiche (although that did annoy me frankly), but because it's the RS tune not ours FFS!

He must realise that the fact that "it's the RS tune" is just the vinegar on the jellied eels to those loveable Cockernee rogues.

That thread's a fucking treasure trove!

.I would never sing it and if it comes on at a party i leave.In fact on one occassion when it was played you couldnt get out of the door cos of the amount of lads trying to get out

I poured a pint over a birds head who had the title of that song tattooed on her tits . The mouthy horrible kopite mut

Last edited: Today at 5:55 PM

Would not could not I would cut my kin tongue out first with a rusty knife,never song that other one either that was getting sung in the 80s,kin Merseyside Merseyside get to puck.

Never ! When I was a lad I would gladly smash a dj's system up at the drop of a pint if this was played! Now I'm an adult and a lot more mellow I would simply leave the venue , find his car and petrol bomb it!

Like the Four Yorkshiremen, only trying to outcunt each other.

• Upvote 2

I remember reading the letters page in the Echo a few years ago and seeing a letter from a blue who went to the Echo arena to watch Tommy Tiernan and complaining that his night was ruined because You'll Never Walk Alone was played over the speakers after his set had finished.

Just imagine that: allowing a song- a fucking song- to ruin your night out and not only that, but feeling so compelled to write into the local paper to let others know about your miserable experience.

Sad acts. 

• Upvote 1

The amount of sad loons following the City's second club is startling.

The folk song is Johnny Todd and I think they only started playing it in the 60's because of the tv series.

I'm waiting for the first radical Blu'ite to turn down a blood transfusion or go to court for going through a red light and saying they will never obey a red. Fucking mentalists.

I remember reading the letters page in the Echo a few years ago and seeing a letter from a blue who went to the Echo arena to watch Tommy Tiernan and complaining that his night was ruined because You'll Never Walk Alone was played over the speakers after his set had finished.

Just imagine that: allowing a song- a fucking song- to ruin your night out and not only that, but feeling so compelled to write into the local paper to let others know about your miserable experience.

Sad acts. 

Tommy Tiernan is a Liverpool fan. Was on a plane over to a game with him a few years ago.

Does he mean z cars theme, a shite badly acted tv series from the 1960s that they share with Watford is an old folk song or we don't care what the redshite say?. Either way I think he's wrong that they have been going since the early 1800's. Maybe he is confusing it with the length of time they won something.

But but but there moto is in latin si they must b soecial.

• He'd rather lose like that then 1-0 or 2-1 because now there will be a reaction
  • A result like that shows who the players need to be shipped out are
  • This season is a freebie for Koeman 
  • It's Martinez' team
  • As long as they're safe in the league he's not bothered
  • Got money at the wrong time because of FFP but when the new stadium goes up their commercial value will be increased watch them go
  • Upvote 3

"now let's say we get a few of the players we have been linked with in - the likes of Strootman (20m), Witsel (25m) and we go for Butland (30m) and VVD (30m), we buy Milik or Janssen for 15m

thats 120m spent, and probably looking at around 500k in wages (again a generous estimate)

leaves the club with 90m and 500k in wages still burning a hole in our lovely Iranians pocket, but no statement signing, just some very good ones that will make the team very competitive, say we then blow a 30m bid on Perisic (current flavour of the month after his Euro exploits and also a position we depserately need sorting) and we give him parity with rom on wages - so another 140k and 30m gone

we are then left with a 60m and 360 pw situation, to go out their and target a 'statement' signing for the club to propel us into the spotlight, go throw that at Madrid, offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

Honestly it sounds mental even typing this out, but money talks in football, and if we are serious in making a statement then we couldn't make a bigger on than this"

• Upvote 7