You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

As I never tire of reminding them. The year they were supposed to sweep all before them, they actually won fuck all.

One Evertonian I know actually believes that the 1985 team were the best side English football has ever seen. Even better than any of our teams, 2004 Arsenal, any of the Man Utd teams from 1992 onwards and obviously any pre war teams or 1960-61 Tottenham, Best Law and Charlton etc. He simply won't have it that they are bettered by anyone else.

Pity their greatness only lasted one season and they nosedived quicker than a plane whose engines packed in mid flight.

• Upvote 1

Some Evertonian I used to work.with used to write in to the Echo footy letters pages. As you can tell this was over ten years ago. Not sure whether he used to take the piss or genuinely believe the shit he wrote. Some of his classics were:

Yobo had the potential to be as good as Alan Hansen and would probably go on to be a better player.

If the back pass rule was invented in 1970 we probably would only be on about 9 league titles.

Everton should have been given a direct entry into the European Cup in 1992/93 as compensation for not being allowed to win the 1986 European Cup. Win not compete as the only team that were any good in Europe were Juventus. Even though Steaua and Barcelona got to the final.

As I never tire of reminding them. The year they were supposed to sweep all before them, they actually won fuck all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Super_Cup

Couldn't even win the cup to replace the european competition.

7-2 on aggregate we twatted them in the final. 

I'm reliably informed by old man dangerously and his mates that no blues remember this because at the second leg at Goodison of the 20,000 that did turn up about 15,000 were reds

• Upvote 1

I've fucking heard it all now. According to a blue in work, the reason they didn't spend more in the summer was that they've put deals in place for next year. 

Him: "Koeman didn't want to have a big turnover of players in his first season"

Me: "Oh yeah? Who have you got lined up for next season then?"

Him "Depends on whether we make top 4 or not, but I think we will. The word is that Koeman can make a deal happen for Aubameyang and Dybala, but we'll only get one if Lukaku stays"

Me: "Okay then"

• Upvote 2

I've fucking heard it all now. According to a blue in work, the reason they didn't spend more in the summer was that they've put deals in place for next year. 

Him "Depends on whether we make top 4 or not, but I think we will. The word is that Koeman can make a deal happen for Aubameyang and Dybala, but we'll only get one if Lukaku stays"

Ask him who they'll get on the outside chance they don't manage to get top 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Super_Cup

Couldn't even win the cup to replace the european competition.

7-2 on aggregate we twatted them in the final. 

I'm reliably informed by old man dangerously and his mates that no blues remember this because at the second leg at Goodison of the 20,000 that did turn up about 15,000 were reds

to be fair there was not much affection or interest in that Cup from either set of fans. 

I know there logic is bollocks but if the deals are in place then they must know who there going to sign ......yeah

From 29 mins on : 

"Ambition here at Everton is boundless".

"When they built this fort knox showcase a few seasons ago in which to hang the clubs sporting scalps they ran round to Liverpool with a tape to measure the European Cup, just to ensure they built a compartment big enough to take that great trophy when they win it".

"This is that compartment, it contains a clock, not a cuckoo".

• Upvote 13

A couple of my blue cousins have posted this on Facebook. They're reclaiming the liver bird because they had it first and it was blue originally. Now I'm not sure if that's true and I can't be arsed checking but it's still amusing to read.

image.jpg

100% if they had a liver bird (and they didn't because they had a prison) it wasn't that once, that's a pretty new design. The pre1900 were all cormorant looking things with wings down.

From 29 mins on : 

"When they built this fort knox showcase a few seasons ago in which to hang the clubs sporting scalps they ran round to Liverpool with a tape to measure the European Cup, just to ensure they built a compartment big enough to take that great trophy when they win it".

the-world-doesnt-make-any-heroes.jpg

From 29 mins on : 

LPslqv.jpg

• Upvote 8

Anyone got any pictures of the fabled everton liverbird badge? i've had a cursory look on google and can find nothing !

Is this more made up shite from our blue chums because it cant be proved otherwise ?

Nah its true mate. They also used to be called Liverpool, but they changed it to Everton as being called Liverpool is redshite behaviour.

• Upvote 1