You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I actually think Williams will be great for Everton. He's their level and will improve them. He'll be solid enough for 2 or 3 seasons and probably not get injured much (although you have to think with his age combined with luck he must have had not to be injured) it won't be injury free. Just slightly disappointing for them when they thought they were going to out bid Chelsea for Koulibaly.....

Was laughing at the reaction to the wind up post yesterday. If they did start spending big money and doing things the right way i'm sure we would actually be a little concerned.

At the moment I'm just enjoying their failure to spend money and meet the massive expectations they all had. I wouldn't be visiting there at all if it was going well for them and I'm sure there wouldn't have been a windup post if things were going as they had hoped.

Well, it's an Everton forum, so it must have been posted by a Blue, yet clearly someone under the influence of this place.

I accuse Priory Doctor!

I actually think Williams will be great for Everton. He's their level and will improve them. He'll be solid enough for 2 or 3 seasons and probably not get injured much (although you have to think with his age combined with luck he must have had not to be injured) it won't be injury free. Just slightly disappointing for them when they thought they were going to out bid Chelsea for Koulibaly.....

Best of all, he once wrote in his autobiography that he doesn't like Luis Suarez. Instant Bloo legend.

(Hilariously, his reason for not liking Suarez was "he thinks he's better than you".)

• Upvote 2

He's the one who announced Moshiri as the saviour, Mata as a done deal, Witzel as a certain etc. Claims to be ITK

One more directed at @The Esk, feel free to ignore but it's an open question.

Do you regret your choice of language post-takeover?

I can't help but think that, maybe (just maybe) your rambunctious shouts of us being able to compete 'with the best in world football' and to 'expect a summer the likes you have never seen before' have been a key factor in the disillusion with many supporters on this forum. As a seasoned professional you obviously understand the importance of managing expectations and the results of failing to do so.

I also concede that you're just like the rest of us and have nothing to do in terms of the communication of the club to its supporters - but as someone of distinction on this forum it would have been beneficial to scale back a little bit.

100% agree with everything in this post. The Esk built fans' hopes up to unprecidented levels, and probably ought to have been a little more cautious in promising the world and insisting it's all going to happen. While he may very well have been provided that info, passing it on to the whole forum, and indeed world via Twitter, almost in a showing off way ("Mata is ours" etc), probably wasn't the wisest idea.

He appeared to tell us all that we're signing all these players, then weeks later claimed to only know about deals in their "early stages" and thus couldn't really say for sure whether or not said deals will even come off.

Everybody appreciates knowledge being shared, but the way it has happened over the past month here has been a shame.

They've signed a deal with Willy Hill to be their European (stop sniggering) betting partner. One of the posters doesn't like this deal

"Not a fan of this. Very similar to the kopites betvictor sponsorship. We are not a hedge fund"

The fucking horrible cunts.

I don't understand that objection at all. If he doesn't like gambling / loans etc then fair enough, but 'hedge fund'? makes no sense.