You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I know Everton fans and the club take some stick as do we and all fans but I do find it very distasteful of the way the Echo and our club and fans have rubbed the fact that we are getting a redeveloped Anfield while Everton are getting shit all. What I mean is the way the echo and the club have produced pictures and videos from the new main stand showing Goodison in the background, this is very petty. I also find it very petulant the way our fans seem to be Goulding the blue noses that we're getting a new stadium and they're not. Aim high shoot low, it wasn't long ago that we were beating the best teams in Europe cause we were one of the best in Europe, all we seem to be capable of now is putting a display in on forums and in the local rag how great we are with a new main stand. No wonder blue noses hate us and the Liverpool Echo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I know Everton fans and the club take some stick as do we and all fans but I do find it very distasteful of the way the Echo and our club and fans have rubbed the fact that we are getting a redeveloped Anfield while Everton are getting shit all. What I mean is the way the echo and the club have produced pictures and videos from the new main stand showing Goodison in the background, this is very petty. I also find it very petulant the way our fans seem to be Goulding the blue noses that we're getting a new stadium and they're not. Aim high shoot low, it wasn't long ago that we were beating the best teams in Europe cause we were one of the best in Europe, all we seem to be capable of now is putting a display in on forums and in the local rag how great we are with a new main stand. No wonder blue noses hate us and the Liverpool Echo.

On fairness I've not seen any of that on this forum.

Yes I stand corrected the forums where it does happen are a certain 2 forums that both have dedicated threads that are frequently updated with photos of the stadium development.

Sorry, can you re-phrase that? Are you saying people can't be happy that a spade actually went into the ground, or do you mean something else?

Sorry, can you re-phrase that? Are you saying people can't be happy that a spade actually went into the ground, or do you mean something else?

Not saying that people can't be happy that work is finally being done and I am sorry if it came across that way. My point is that it sometimes coming across as a bit classless which the club and the Echo seem to be spearheading. I don't think comparing our situation to evertons situation is the best way to promote the building of the new stand.

• Downvote 3

How dare the club & the local paper give us updates on progress of the new stand. The stand is huge & can be seen for miles, Woodison is only 1/2 mile away, Are you surprised that you can actually see Woodison

Does the club need to focus on Goodison and make a point of putting Goodison in bad light? No they don't.

• Downvote 3

The BS can fuck off with what they think. I know plenty of shite fans who 'hate us' as you put it because we've won more than they fucking have and they think they're the 'senior' club in the city.

• Upvote 1

Fans of his former team claiming that he drains the club dry by not investing, benefiting from huge TV deals that go into his own pocket and getting taxpayers to build a stadium for him. Any of that sound familiar?

http://sidespin.kinja.com/the-padres-suck-heres-why-472930403

This made me smirk for about a quarter of a second, then I thought - No.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Not even Everton.

OK, Chelsea, maybe, but not Everton.

I can honestly say I have never paid any attention to - or even noticed - what can or cannot be seen in the background of those pictures.

The interesting bit is in the foreground.

That is the thing with the ground...we are years too late finally expanding but as we do those around us are planning bigger and better.

It is criminal how badly our club has been run. We are a big club who have been run like a corner shop.

How the fuck have we allowed ourselves to have a smaller ground than fucking Sunderland and Newcastle for the last 15 years.

• Upvote 6

The interesting thing with that Chelsea expansion though, like all expansions to be a true success it will need the corporates. Chelsea already have an incredible number of corporates, I've sampled their "hospitality" a few times and always been stunned by how many seats are not regular match goers - is there demand for more? . This stadium, the new spurs stadium and West ham at the Olympic stadium will all happen within a really short space of time chasing the same corporate pound.

For once our geography may be a real advantage and we're in front of these 3 in terms of corporate expansion as they'll all be up and running after us. If we expand the more, it'll only be for us peasants paying £800 a season, so that makes little to no impact on revenues when you look at paying off the debt. 10,000 extra regular seats may bring in an additional £10m a season, but by the time you pay the debt it probably only leaves enough cash to pay bogdans wages.

TV, sponsorship and corporate seats is where it's at, there's no real economic value in regular fans getting in the ground unless that seat has been paid for by the club already.

The interesting thing with that Chelsea expansion though, like all expansions to be a true success it will need the corporates. Chelsea already have an incredible number of corporates, I've sampled their "hospitality" a few times and always been stunned by how many seats are not regular match goers - is there demand for more? . This stadium, the new spurs stadium and West ham at the Olympic stadium will all happen within a really short space of time chasing the same corporate pound. For once our geography may be a real advantage and we're in front of these 3 in terms of corporate expansion as they'll all be up and running after us. If we expand the more, it'll only be for us peasants paying £800 a season, so that makes little to no impact on revenues when you look at paying off the debt. 10,000 extra regular seats may bring in an additional £10m a season, but by the time you pay the debt it probably only leaves enough cash to pay bogdans wages. TV, sponsorship and corporate seats is where it's at, there's no real economic value in regular fans getting in the ground unless that seat has been paid for by the club already.

I work for a large multi national bank and like all of the large banks headquartered in Canary wharf, they own a box at Chelsea, Arsenal, Wembley, Tottenham (and are looking at the Olympic too). It's not about the team its the location, the type of entertainment these corporates do they're not that bothered about the club (as long as they're in the top 6) its the location. The demand for hospitality in London will always be there which is why companies by boxes for the season. Demand in the North west (even at Old Trafford) is nowhere near which is why the big banks don't actually own season boxes. If they need a corporate box they know they can just purchase one for the games that their clients are interested in rather than buying one for the whole season. 

I work for a large multi national bank and like all of the large banks headquartered in Canary wharf, they own a box at Chelsea, Arsenal, Wembley, Tottenham (and are looking at the Olympic too). It's not about the team its the location, the type of entertainment these corporates do they're not that bothered about the club (as long as they're in the top 6) its the location. The demand for hospitality in London will always be there which is why companies by boxes for the season. Demand in the North west (even at Old Trafford) is nowhere near which is why the big banks don't actually own season boxes. If they need a corporate box they know they can just purchase one for the games that their clients are interested in rather than buying one for the whole season.

My point being, those who want corporate tickets at venues pretty much already have them. Then there's going to be 20k more seats at Chelsea, West ham and spurs and the only economic ones are corporate seats. I've also spent best part of 20 years working for organisations in the wharf and I don't believe there's an appetite for buy more seats - the organisations I've worked at have normally struggled to offload tickets for more than a few key matches a season - hence my sampling of Chelsea hospitality amongst others.

I am pretty sure man United have no trouble at all selling their corporate tickets and since we've had American owners, we have massively increased supply, while maintaining demand at our current pricing. I'm hearing 2016 sales for the new stand are not so smooth, but they've pitched very high price wise, so it's no surprise. We will see when it all unfolds, but I don't think we should assume just because spurs and Chelsea are offering another 20k tickets per week they can sell them at £5k per season, which is what they will need to do to give them any spending advantage.

I've been to 3 Everton euro aways in the past 8 years as moral support to a mate who lost his brother - Nuremburg, Lisbon, Lille - and I can categorically say its much better than following Liverpool away in Europe these days.

Whereas we're too cool for skool, its just another city, don't mingle, don't talk to wools, been there done that, not as good as Bully etc, the Blue Noses are open, friendly, self effacing, and aren't up their own arses.

Might upset a few on here but our euro support is shite (apart from the foreigners ironically who are still up for it, albeit in a cliche way)

You're mixing with the wrong crowds on your Euro aways, I always have a ball! I suppose the best Euro away to compare between the two clubs is Lille can't think of any other the two clubs have both done recently?

Not a hint of any trouble at ours, blues have run ins with the Police and end up in the news at there's, fair enough if you're wanting all that on Euro aways though I suppose but it isn't for everyone.