You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

That story is fucking hilarious, I think I would rather someone came round to my house & played a song I didn't like than took a shit in my front room but what do I know?

The best way to react to a Football wind up like that is to either laugh it off or just blank it.

Unless you're an Evertonian, in which case you should ruin your Mum's birthday party & risk a night in the cells.

What a fud.

That story is hysterical.  What makes it even funnier is that it's quite clearly a pack a load of made up nonsense as well.  It reads like the classic bullshitters tale of look how hard I am with "The only reason I stopped choking him was because my brother came out and begged me to stop" being the highlight.

Just look at how many bullshit holes there are in there.

That story is hysterical.  What makes it even funnier is that it's quite clearly a pack a load of made up nonsense as well.  It reads like the classic bullshitters tale of look how hard I am with "The only reason I stopped choking him was because my brother came out and begged me to stop" being the highlight.

Just look at how many bullshit holes there are in there.

I bet he just stood there fuming or stormed out

• Upvote 1

I bet he just stood there fuming or stormed out

That's exactly what happened.  Seriously when was the last time you actually seen two grown men have a fight that serious who know each other over something so laughably petty.  It just never happens.  It's what's going through the his head is that he actually wanted to do that which makes it hilarious.

• Upvote 1

I know loads of fans who go ape shit about this sort of stuff... I've never understood it.

I don't care if someone wears a United shirt in my house, and I don't care about drinking from a United / Chelsea / Liverpool mug etc. But plenty seem to have a totally irrational hatred of it all.

I've definitely seen people thinking they are being provocative trying to wind me up, but I really don't give a shit, which winds them up even more. 

You'll never walk alone is a dire song, but it's a great football anthem (imo). It's (arguably) the anthem most clubs would love. You picked a cracker, and that's that. 

That's exactly what happened.  Seriously when was the last time you actually seen two grown men have a fight that serious who know each other over something so laughably petty.  It just never happens.  It's what's going through the his head is that he actually wanted to do that which makes it hilarious.

I've never seen it. I've only ever seen rival fans being overly pleasant, especially at family occasions etc. It's usually polite chat about each other's teams with more compliments than criticisms.

There's no way a grown man unplugs the DJ in a room full of wedding goers. You'd look a total prick for even attempting it. The mostly likely scenario is someone trying to be funny and joking about doing so, and maybe going too far in flicking the switch (and still looking a prick).

I've just read this link via RAWK:

http://members.boardhost.com/everton-forum/thread/1433658980.html

It's about YNWA being played at weddings and such like, and how the Blueshites in attendance go mental. 

Nil Satis Dexy's Midnight Runners Optimum.

Haaa! Reminds me of a pile of wibble I said ages ago. could easily have been one of those lads there though. Fucking hell.

'I'm afraid you've lost a lot of blood. We've put in thirty odd stitches and you'd ruptured several major arteries. But you should be fine, we'll just need to transfuse a few pints into you and you'll be fine'

'Oh aye, what fucking colour is it? You think I'm putting any of that redshite into me, you've another thing coming. I'm on to you, you telly-clapping prick'

His family all agree that he did the right thing, and he died doing what he loves best as they wave away his blue coffin to the Z-cars theme.

• Upvote 1

'I'm afraid you've lost a lot of blood. We've put in thirty odd stitches and you'd ruptured several major arteries. But you should be fine, we'll just need to transfuse a few pints into you and you'll be fine'

'Oh aye, what fucking colour is it? You think I'm putting any of that redshite into me, you've another thing coming. I'm on to you, you telly-clapping prick'

His family all agree that he did the right thing, and he died doing what he loves best as they wave away his blue coffin to the Z-cars theme.

Well being boxed in his coffin made him feel at home. Wood on all sides was just like the Gwladys End.

• Upvote 2

I don't post much but since we're on the topic of YNWA during weddings, a Utd mate of mine once asked me to emcee their wedding (yes, I know this is about the BS, but bear with me).

The day before the big day, another Liverpool mate of mine (he was going to do a speech with his wife during the wedding) came up with the dastardly plan of doing a "song item" during said speech. 

Halfway through the whole thing, I invited the speech couple to do their speech, and they said whatever they had to say, then said they has a song item to present to the newlyweds (both Utd fans). 

With the wife on the piano, both of them launched into YNWA, with full lyrics on PowerPoint and Liverbird in back ground on the big screen. Then sprang up from all end of the room, all the Liverpool fans who were part of the plan. All came forward like a flash mob, waving Liverpool flags and scarves and singing at the top of their voices, and the crescendo ended with the recording of the Kop in full voice drowning out everyone.

The look on the newlyweds was priceless as with every single Manc supporting vermin in attendance. 

The absolute ultimate kicker was that the official photographer/videographer enjoyed it so much, he added this whole thing in the official wedding video of the newlyweds (as he thought they were Liverpool fans no thanks to all of us). From memory, the video actually ended with Liverpool badge right at the end too, with 'You'll Never Walk Alone' prominently placed right in the middle.

When the video went up on Facebook, the newlyweds spent the next couple of weeks explaining to every single Manc supporting friend they had on 'why they have turned'. 

Still laugh to myself when I think of this. 

• Upvote 5

I know loads of fans who go ape shit about this sort of stuff... I've never understood it.

I don't care if someone wears a United shirt in my house, and I don't care about drinking from a United / Chelsea / Liverpool mug etc. But plenty seem to have a totally irrational hatred of it all.

I've definitely seen people thinking they are being provocative trying to wind me up, but I really don't give a shit, which winds them up even more.

You'll never walk alone is a dire song, but it's a great football anthem (imo). It's (arguably) the anthem most clubs would love. You picked a cracker, and that's that.

YNWA a dire song?

Bill Shankly picked that song ya cheeky bastard.

• Upvote 2