You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I ll ask again. how do they think they ll get top 4 playing twice a week with a far weaker squad than us?

You have to get into the mind of an Evertonian, you see an Evertonian doesn't care where his team finishes, he only cares about where he finishes relative to Liverpool. The other teams don't exist in blueshite world, it's just Liverpool and Everton making their way up and down a table relative to each other, so if we where 11th, all they'd care about is getting into 10th place, that is the fundamental core belief that drives them.

They will lie down for other sides that are battling with the redshite, but only when they can't catch them, to be as much of a nuisance and disruption as humanly possible.

• Upvote 6

You have to get into the mind of an Evertonian, you see an Evertonian doesn't care where his team finishes, he only cares about where he finishes relative to Liverpool. The other teams don't exist in blueshite world, it's just Liverpool and Everton making their way up and down a table relative to each other, so if we where 11th, all they'd care about is getting into 10th place, that is the fundamental core belief that drives them.

They will lie down for other sides that are battling with the redshite, but only when they can't catch them, to be as much of a nuisance and disruption as humanly possible.

Indeed. An interesting corollary of this observation is that if you want to know almost any aspect of Liverpool history, e.g. amounts paid in transfer fees, trophies won (always jammy wins of course), referee decisions that went in our favour (more evidence of the grand Redshite conspiracy) etc, nine times out a ten a Bloo will know the answer.

I'm convinced a good proportion of them know more about our club than they do about their own.

It'll still be OUR fault, though.

Everything is. ALWAYS.

Nil Responsibility Nisi Optimum.

There has been little in the way of inspirational material these past few weeks. Need more bitterness and small-time behaviour from them in the coming months.

Nil Responsibility Nisi Optimum.

There has been little in the way of inspirational material these past few weeks. Need more bitterness and small-time behaviour from them in the coming months.

Don't worry, the worse they get the more bitter they become. Just focus on the redshite to mask how crap you are.

Was watching a press conference for the Bellew v Cleverley fight the other day and whilst I generally like to see boxers from the city do well, I just don't like Bellew.... He turned up in a full Everton trackie and polo shirt, like a ten year old kid..and then had a pop at Cleverley saying he was dressed like he was on the bones of his arse, Cleverley fired back by pointing at Bellews Everton polo shirt and asking what's that..to which Bellew amusingly responded with 'thats me club, that, thats me club, me club, mate, thats me club' all that was missing was 'i go the game'or a reference to how he was born not manufactured.

Yeah Tony, we get it you are a bitter.

I hope Cleverley twats him just for wearing a full club trackie and polo shirt as a grown man to a public event.

• Upvote 3

Saw a car last night with a 'I GO THE GAME' rear window sticker. I'm still giggling when I think about it.

EDIT: Just found this - brilliant!

http://toffeeweb.com/site/classifieds/bbitem.php?submissionID=28106

I go TO the game!
bubble_sm.gif Comments (143)  jump icn-jumpbottom-dark.png

I have just received my season ticket which came with what I presume is a car sticker with "I go the game" printed on it. I have been deliberating whether to put this sticker in my car window or not.

Normally I am happy to show my support for Everton. However, I think this slogan is awful: "I go the game". It just seems like another poor marketing decision by the people at Everton.

"Solo lo mejor" is classy, "The People's Club" is evocative, "You're in my heart, you're in my soul" is passionate and "Nil satis nisi optimum" is historic. "I go the game" conjures up an illiterate nonsense for me that is likely to have other supporters laughing at us.

I don't "go the game", I "go to the game". Is this just another marketing blunder to add to the badge and kitbag fiascos, or am I on my own here?

In the comments section this made me laugh because it's so true....

The original point was not how people speak, but the message it sends out about our club. I hate to say it but: Man U (We all follow United), Chelsea (Blue is the colour), City (Champions together), Leeds Utd (We are Leeds), Wigan (Believe) are far better and there are many more that are better than "We go the game" in my opinion. I have purposely missed the shite out because I don't think people on here could cope.

' Well mate if you didn't like the sticker, just be glad you didnt get an Everton season ticket in a RED case thingy, I remember that particular cock-up well.'

Haha I remember this it was in the echo. Fully grown men crying because their season ticket was maroon

*edit*

Trying to find the story I found this:

7c9c83ae662fc841a3e0fda2f2a1e43a.jpg

Nil Postage etc

• Upvote 4

Was watching a press conference for the Bellew v Cleverley fight the other day and whilst I generally like to see boxers from the city do well, I just don't like Bellew.... He turned up in a full Everton trackie and polo shirt, like a ten year old kid..and then had a pop at Cleverley saying he was dressed like he was on the bones of his arse, Cleverley fired back by pointing at Bellews Everton polo shirt and asking what's that..to which Bellew amusingly responded with 'thats me club, that, thats me club, me club, mate, thats me club' all that was missing was 'i go the game'or a reference to how he was born not manufactured.

Yeah Tony, we get it you are a bitter.

I hope Cleverley twats him just for wearing a full club trackie and polo shirt as a grown man to a public event.

I watched that as well and Bellew came across like a typical north face thug you see hanging round the ground or punching kids in buses round liverpool for looking at them. Im also always keen to back lads from liverpool but Bellew is a bad blert and I hope cleverly knocks him out.

'We go the canvas, face first. The peoples black eye'

I watched that as well and Bellew came across like a typical north face thug you see hanging round the ground or punching kids in buses round liverpool for looking at them. Im also always keen to back lads from liverpool but Bellew is a bad blert and I hope cleverly knocks him out.

'We go the canvas, face first. The peoples black eye'

Yeah, you could just see him boarding the 10A in kenny going into town and giving dogs abuse to the 'bad wools' from St Helens, 'warra yuse lookin at lid yer fucken wool'

Hopefully Cleverley will knock him on the arse of his bloo trunks.

• Upvote 2

The first time I became aware of Bellew's existence was his original fight with Ovil McKenzie. He does the same tedious act every time he fights of course, with his attempts to talk himself up as something he's not and the desperate sell the fight this is going to be vicious and brutal bollocks, attempts to make it seem like he's personally involved, acting like a cacker, etc etc.

Everton were mentioned half a dozen times in a couple of minute vox pops video so I was comfortably certain he was a huge twat, more zzzzzzz cars than anything else. He right on cue comes in snarling like a little rat to Z Cars, before McKenzie enters the ring to Man In The Mirror, borderline crying, possibly the least macho ring walk I've ever seen.

Downed Bellew twice in the first two rounds, I was beside myself laughing and rewound both endlessly. Crying shame he came back to win that fight as it would have gone down as the boxing companion piece to Villareal and Dinano Bucaresti.

John Stones out until 2015. Added to the Mirallas and Barkley list. Distin gone AWOL. McCarthy and Coleman out on shorter term injuries. A squad that's another year older. A misfiring Lukaku. Terrible at the back. Howard leaking goals. 

200/1 to be relegated. Had to have a little dabble on that. Don't see it happening, but they could get dragged right into a scrap, if they're not careful.